Author Topic: Wrist restraints - Where to buy  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Lance-W

Wrist restraints - Where to buy
« on: January 05, 2016, 08:59:22 AM »
I Googled wrist restraints here at work.  That probably wasn't such a good idea.  SOOOOOO   what kind do you guys like and where do you buy them.  The buggy style wrist restraints that is  LMAO   rofl

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Wrist restraints - Where to buy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:16:49 AM »
I think the buggy ones can be multi-use.  ;D ;) 

x2 on order info. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:17:51 AM »
I think the buggy ones can be multi-use.  ;D ;) 

So you'll be buying in bulk?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 08:15:43 PM »
Go here Lance

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=322508&st=75&gopid=4947152&#entry4947152

Good discussion on wrist restraints. 

fabr likes the arm restraints and I like the wrist restraints that wrap around the wrist and Velcro shut.  I also use a carabinder to hook the two straps together and then snap it around the exposed portion of the steel hook on the crotch strap just below the seat belt latch.  This way when you unsnap the lap belt the caabinder drops off and even though the two straps are still latched to the carabinder you have plenty of room the grab the roll cage to exit the car.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:03:17 AM »
Doesn't matter the style so long as you will wear them EVERY TIME you go out. NO exceptions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 06:13:04 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-FORCE-4087ADUBK-Arm-Restraints-Black-/400280382882?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item5d3291eda2&vxp=mtr

This was the link in GD post.  Trying to find the size difference in adult vs junior.  Gonna call in a bit, hell they 45 min drive from me! 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 07:04:22 AM »
I have g force ,both adult and kid size. I prefer the kid size honestly and most people would be better off with that size,IMO,unless you are a pretty big guy. The hardware is the same on both ,it's just the padding size that's different. The smaller pad size make them a lot more comfortable.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 07:11:14 AM »
Maxipad/minipad/tampon. Choose what's right for you................................. LMAO
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 08:24:53 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-FORCE-4087ADUBK-Arm-Restraints-Black-/400280382882?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item5d3291eda2&vxp=mtr

This was the link in GD post.  Trying to find the size difference in adult vs junior.  Gonna call in a bit, hell they 45 min drive from me!

I have two sets of these that I didn't like.  Lance has first dibs if he wants them for half and shipping.  Should be worth more for the fact that they have Idaho sand, Waynoka sand, and Glamis sand in on them.   ;D

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 08:29:11 AM »
I can't read the post on GD yet.  Big brother here blocks it.  I'll have to wait till I get home..........

Glenn,  I'm interested in yours.  Are they the Junior or adult?  Not that I know the difference yet..............

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 09:48:52 AM »
I can't read the post on GD yet.  Big brother here blocks it.  I'll have to wait till I get home..........

Glenn,  I'm interested in yours.  Are they the Junior or adult?  Not that I know the difference yet..............

I really cant say what ones they are.  I would think they were most likely the adult size.  They have a lot of strap left when I have them around my arm.  Seemed to fit the wife ok.  I just did not feel as safe as when I had wrist restraints on.  I actually started using them as wrist restraints until I got my new ones.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 02:08:39 PM »
wow those are some nasty nasty pics on gd!!  i have to admit i have a full set for both my wife and myself and know where they are because i have never gotten them out of the camper cabinet and used them. i believe i will be for april!!  that was just nasty pics damn.  sad truth is i have had them over a year now too. funny story though, the day i was ordering them my brother in law and his wife and children stopped by the house and i was at the table with the lap top typing in offroad arm restraint on ebay as he was walking to me. just as the search results came up he looked at the screen and said he didn't even want to know what i and his sister were into  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO what can you say at that point  rofl rofl tried to explain i did a search for offroad arm restraints but he wasn't going to accept that explanation  rofl  rofl  so lance i do know what comes up no matter how you word the search unless you have a brand name and a part number lol   

btw i bought mine from speedway and they have more than this to choose from but did so because there wharehouse in on my way home lol and they know what they are really for  rofl rofl
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Simpson-36001-Y-Arm-Restraint-Straps,82540.html
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal