Author Topic: Trump Nosedives Debate Performance  (Read 1606 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Trump Nosedives Debate Performance
« on: August 06, 2015, 07:57:46 PM »
10 point drop in polls ,IMO. Dick came across as a dick. Damn. Was hoping he was smarter than that.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

millbilly

Re: Trump Nosedives Debate Performance
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 11:23:58 PM »
Even a dick is better than what we have now...

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 05:53:23 AM »
Maybe,maybe not.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 06:17:50 AM »
Didn't watch, too busy gettin buggy ready, but hoped he wouldn't stumble.  Actually hoped he would really just make the rest look like complete idiots.  Guess he shoulda studied.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 06:55:26 AM »
I would disagree. What he did not "pledge his support?"  Screw that.  All the news cries bad Iran deal and then wants him to toss his leverage?  That kind of "tactic" got a bad Iran deal.  People are tired of pols. 

The senators did fine in the debate (as you would expect) but are unelectable.  Walker is a stick.  Christie?  Nope.  Bush?  Really?  Another bush?  Carson is bright as all get out, but no chance.  Kasich will rise.  Fiorina will come up.  Some should bow out (Perry for example)  Other than that not much was settled. 

If Trump runs independent, and I think he will, then folks will "blame" him for a republican loss.  Screw that.  The republicans need to find somebody who can win, not just "not lose."  The only way they can do that is stop talking God.  Avoid abortion, go silent on social issues.  Pound the economy, security, (border and international) and the future debt.  Trump was the only one who played the game that way last night. 

Sure does look like a Clinton Bush Perot Trump deal.  I would prefer a Biden, Kasich, Trump event. 

Of them three, I would currently vote Trump.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 07:35:19 AM »
Trump is a trojan horse. I admire him for forcing discussion on issues but there is no way in hell he will be elected and if he is a candidate whether GOP or Independent he will guarantee a democrat in the WH. I'm not too sure that is not the case. IMO,Trump is for Trump. The big contracts that were broken due to his comments (allowing him freedom to pursue more lucrative venues),the endless free publicity ,the new found political power that he WILL use for his personal benefit in the years to come,all are part of a very smart business moguls plan.

Yes,Trump will be to "blame" for a republican loss one way or the other.Yes,the repubs need to STFU about God all the time. The other side doesn't give a eff and will vote against that . I completely agree that the GOP needs an electable candidate. I think they have a couple prospects this time with 14 others without a snowballs chance in hell. ALL of them have issues that will put them at a disadvantage.

I won't count out Rubio,Walker,Cruz yet. Almost all of the 17 though will alienate any chance of drawing any Democrat votes with the constant reference to God in almost every thing they say.

I was truly hoping that Trump would come out ,act like a true business person, a true leader,and answer questions without his BS. He ,IMO,came across as a fool with his angry look,his BS attacks on almost everyone. That tactic will begin to wear very old ,very soon. He had no answers last night other than "I'm the only one that can do it". Exactly how is he going to be able to secure the border? Exactly how is he going to bring back jobs from Mexico/China/wherever the hell? Donald will have to soon come up with some concrete answers or he will be losing ground fast as he will be seen as just another bag of hot air with unfulfillable promises.

FWIW,I am very happy he is forcing dialogue among he candidates but,unless he changes his antics and begins to act like a statesman he will lose more than just my insignificant vote. I mean ,he has the entire countries attention,he needs to now step up and BE a statesman. I'll not hold my breath. To be honest,I was very disappointed that he did not take the opportunity to come across as a thinking,qualified leader and act the part that a true leader would have done. He convinced me last night he is not ,in the least,interested in actually being President.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:41:10 AM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 08:43:36 AM »
He does have the attention of so many "average Americans".  He has said what many are thinking but are afraid too.  I believe he'd do a good job running this country, many people would be very unhappy, but his attitude on foreign stuff has me concerned.  He needs some good people around him to get a plan together and show the USA how.  Otherwise get use to Maddam President!

In 2 weeks I'll put my head in the sand and wont have to listen, til then I'll be in the garage..........
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 09:28:53 AM »
Hillary is just a Dem decoy for whoever they finally nominate.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »
First I hate to talk politics but this I will say. I do not want some who ACTS like a Statesman. He needs to BE a Statesman. While I was leaning towards Trump, I do not think he has the ability to listen and take advise or compromise. It is his way or the highway. That is what we have now. A loose canon, without a freakin clue. He (Trump) takes no shit which I really do like and is what we need as a leader. And as for ANOTHER Bush or Clinton, God forbid. Those 2 families are why we are where we are today. One family is dumb as rocks and the other is corrupt to no end. Good Lord, I might just leave this country if one of them are President again.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 05:35:52 PM »
 LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO I'll give that a 95% positive review.  rofl rofl rofl So very true.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal