Author Topic: Little Sahara Spring Ride 4/20-25(All DTS members welcome.)  (Read 32823 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Little Sahara Spring Ride 4/20-25(All DTS members welcome.)
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2015, 01:50:22 PM »
SHitty paddles let the jeff last a couple trips.....................don't buy any new ones.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2015, 03:18:51 PM »
ya need ripper 1300's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol    ;D ;D ;)
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2015, 06:14:52 PM »
SHitty paddles let the jeff last a couple trips.....................don't buy any new ones.
Good point.

Speaking of Jeff, just found out my parts bill for this episode will be over $200.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 06:17:26 PM by Enemy »
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »
Lots cheaper than previously but what you got in it now? $100K??  Sarcasm Just kidding but I bet it feels like it by now.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2015, 07:14:17 PM »
What happened to Jeffco warranting it?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2015, 07:24:11 PM »
It's been two years since he updated it (3 dune trips), so no warranty. Or something to that effect..
DS had the conversation.
I'll try one more time, but yes, feels like about 10 grand.. or pissing into the wind lol
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2015, 07:28:26 PM »
For a couple hundred I'd do the same thing. At least it should be ready for St.A. this fall. As soon as I get the right side panel mold made,hopefully this weekend,I'm going to see what my noise is so I can be ready as well. Should be a lot of fun @ St.A.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2015, 07:32:25 PM »
I'm counting the days to St A! Gunna be a blast for sure!!
You still have the back torque limiter in your clutch basket? ..I think I remember you or DS saying that..
If you havent removed it, its a noisy chattery useless little POS.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2015, 07:59:38 PM »
well what shawn said was he looked back and it was 2 years to this date he rebuilt it and he said it was parts and labor free now if i remember enemy had to pay him something but then again he said enemy was the third guy to snap that shaft then today he said fourth. i corrected him on that and he said right 3rd or 4th but in the end he said he would go out of business if he kept warranting everything and since it has been two years and since he is putting a lot of power ( yes " a lot of power" ) to it over what it was origanally designed for he can't warranty but he would sell him the parts cheap or at cost. $214 shipped for the shaft and 3 bearings and a screw. now that shaft has been broke a while and it was broke last time it went back and wouldn't have been seen if not magnifluxed and i had to ask on the diff bearings and sure enough those were not changed the last two times he had it for rebuild according to his computer so as far as he could tell they were original from 9 years ago? enemy      so really not much that can be done but buy the parts for now. to be honest i don't know how many reverse units will continued to be built with the utv craze. the gears look good so that is a big step with the tappered bearings he swapped out too and the extra support of that bracket. it does only have 3 trips on it and i do believe that shaft took a hit from the gear when the beaings let go twice and knowing that i would've thought he would just send him a new shaft but i can understand not staying in buisness continuing to warranty those box's but the origanal hp claims exceeded what enemy has put to it and even what shawn told me brian at sand fever was putting to them ( his box's at 350 hp) on dyno so don't know what to say i guess.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2015, 08:05:21 PM »
I'm counting the days to St A! Gunna be a blast for sure!!
You still have the back torque limiter in your clutch basket? ..I think I remember you or DS saying that..
If you havent removed it, its a noisy chattery useless little POS.
Yes ,I do. It's never chattered or given me a minutes worry. HOWEVER,,,,,,,,,,,it just might be my noise. Need to delete it. Need to check the clutch before St.A anyway. Gonna be the first thing I do. I can do that without pulling engine.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »
well what shawn said was he looked back and it was 2 years to this date he rebuilt it and he said it was parts and labor free now if i remember enemy had to pay him something but then again he said enemy was the third guy to snap that shaft then today he said fourth. i corrected him on that and he said right 3rd or 4th but in the end he said he would go out of business if he kept warranting everything and since it has been two years and since he is putting a lot of power ( yes " a lot of power" ) to it over what it was origanally designed for he can't warranty but he would sell him the parts cheap or at cost. $214 shipped for the shaft and 3 bearings and a screw. now that shaft has been broke a while and it was broke last time it went back and wouldn't have been seen if not magnifluxed and i had to ask on the diff bearings and sure enough those were not changed the last two times he had it for rebuild according to his computer so as far as he could tell they were original from 9 years ago? enemy      so really not much that can be done but buy the parts for now. to be honest i don't know how many reverse units will continued to be built with the utv craze. the gears look good so that is a big step with the tappered bearings he swapped out too and the extra support of that bracket. it does only have 3 trips on it and i do believe that shaft took a hit from the gear when the beaings let go twice and knowing that i would've thought he would just send him a new shaft but i can understand not staying in buisness continuing to warranty those box's but the origanal hp claims exceeded what enemy has put to it and even what shawn told me brian at sand fever was putting to them ( his box's at 350 hp) on dyno so don't know what to say i guess.
I know what to say. 350HP on a dyno is no match for 220-240 in the dunes.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2015, 08:52:38 PM »
exactly and apperantly!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2015, 09:03:07 PM »
hell if you think about it this way too .....enemy has chinese 1100 sand viper paddles and from day one the paddle will fold over with your thumb so nooooooo way the power has ever made it to the ground like it would with street tires on the street. i have had hopes for this box because i like what it is but i have said it before and i will say it again, fabbr has the best design  to date imo! heavier rail with stu 1300 paddles and the hahn turbo. seen more sand time on different dunes with bigger dunes and what is this 4 years now fabbr? ran the box out of oil a couple times and just topped it off.  from the beginning the idler gear bearings have been a problem for enemy and gears for others and he finally got with weddle to get the gears stronger and figured out double tapered bearing for the idler gear rather than the roller bearing jeffco originally installed and it was holding till the shaft snapped.  for 95% of rails w/o or prob even w/ turbo's it would prob be a damn good choice for those that want open diff.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2015, 09:37:30 PM »
hell if you think about it this way too .....enemy has chinese 1100 sand viper paddles and from day one the paddle will fold over with your thumb so nooooooo way the power has ever made it to the ground like it would with street tires on the street. i have had hopes for this box because i like what it is but i have said it before and i will say it again, fabbr has the best design  to date imo! heavier rail with stu 1300 paddles and the hahn turbo. seen more sand time on different dunes with bigger dunes and what is this 4 years now fabbr? ran the box out of oil a couple times and just topped it off.  from the beginning the idler gear bearings have been a problem for enemy and gears for others and he finally got with weddle to get the gears stronger and figured out double tapered bearing for the idler gear rather than the roller bearing jeffco originally installed and it was holding till the shaft snapped.  for 95% of rails w/o or prob even w/ turbo's it would prob be a damn good choice for those that want open diff.
I couldn't agree more. Yep 4 years,ran out of oil for who knows how long for sure. At least one trip. I can't complain. Same basic weight as the jeff and a selection of final drive ratios.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal