Author Topic: Ferguson MO RIOTS  (Read 14778 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Ferguson MO RIOTS
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »
Then you are saying we cannot "win" over terrorists either?

We can kill them.  So, we can win.   Not so quick to kill my fellow citizen.  See the difference?
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »
The protesters should be allowed to protest for as long as they want,hell forever if they want,PEACEFULLY. The rioters and looters should be subject to being shot on site if found inside of or in the act of vandalizing,etc. any property whether it be private or public. Stop,drop or get shot.Peacefully protesting is our right. Rioting/looting/etc are not.

i agree completely how ever given the larger than known # of corrupt and just bad law enforcement the get shot part would get way out of control! at the same time the very fact they are involved with looting and have willingly put themselves in that position, then getting shot is a risk they are willingly taking! peaceful protesters on the other hand have the right and are not in that grouping.

"yes cops are people too and want to go home at the end of each day like the rest of us"   you mean want to go home at the end of each work day? so .... did the looters/rioters take a few days off from work? or is this part of the problem.   now for those that live in that area, that can't just pick up and move or afford to abandon there property's, they will be/are the victims .  they cannot just simply tuck tale and run and will be forced to make decisions.   this situation really is a big problem for many reasons but it is a damned if you do and damned if you don't problem. if you let them continue they will just take more and damage more. if you let the guard and law enforcement drag them out then nation wide out cry calling it a racial problem and more rioting. leave it up to our corrupt gov then even bigger problems.  leave it to the locals to defend themselves and there's then a lot of innocent loss of life and some for the good!  most are not afraid of being arrested and prob a weekend stay for them.  maybe just maybe if they had to earn what they have, they would feel they have something to lose and think twice about such behavior!  i don't see a peaceful solution that will appease all. the statistics bill sites in that video are horrifying and truly need to be dealt with but simply arresting them won't do any good, for most of people creating those statistics. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:17:01 PM by Dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2014, 05:59:49 AM »
We can kill them.  So, we can win.   Not so quick to kill my fellow citizen.  See the difference?
I see the difference quite plainly. Those rioters/looters are not MY fellow citizens. They are the trash needing taken out. Ds makes some very good points. Again ,yummi,don't just stir this pot. Tell us what YOU would suggest be done.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:05:09 AM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2014, 07:45:06 AM »
I see the difference quite plainly. Those rioters/looters are not MY fellow citizens. They are the trash needing taken out. Ds makes some very good points. Again ,yummi,don't just stir this pot. Tell us what YOU would suggest be done.

I told you.  Arrest and process or nothing.  Take a defensive position and lick your wounds. 

Face it, the local police screwed the pooch. They tried to first suppress and intimidate.  Did not work.  Will not work. Long about day 4 or so, they pulled back and worked to get the community back.  They did not impose a curfew.  Bad call.  They tried that the next day.  At the stroke of midnight, start arresting.  That occurred and seemed to separate the protesters from the rioters?  It has since been lifted. 

They had no plan.  They made bad calls.  It was amateur hour. 

You cannot "shoot on sight" because once that order is given we should just burn the Bill of Rights.  Sure, it would meet your immediate goals.  It would also result in civil war.   

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2014, 09:57:42 AM »
Well the weather here had taken care of the protesting and rioting I think.
It is 105 -110 heat index. I guess some things that are worth fighting for just depends on how comfortable you are when fighting for your rights. I would imagine when it cools off next week they will be back.
I also think the national guard being here turned the tide. I think the reality of stop/drop or be shot might be the answer. NG don't play!!!! They never even had to go to the front line.

As for civil war. According to the statistics supplied we should already been in that state.

Regards,
Your DTS victim.  ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2014, 10:17:04 AM »
Yummi,your option is unacceptable. No way there could be an arrest and process of those numbers,control should have been taken. To say do nothing since the mob is too large or unruly or whatever your reason  is nonsense,IMO.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2014, 10:35:49 AM »
Harsh reality. 

Police rates are measured as a percent of 10,000.  St, Louis?  38.4 officers per 10k.  Loosing battle if you loose the support of the community.  Trust me, cops shoot to kill in an attempt to "control" and it will be open warfare against cops / national guard, will transform into civil war broken out in large part by race.  You also assume that cops will shoot to kill their fellow citizen based on orders alone.  That could be slightly problematic, perhaps more so in a racially diverse unit.   

Your argument is more force because the crowd is too big?  Suspend rights?  Shoot to kill?  That works in  fascists regimes and dictatorships.  Generally where the population is unarmed.  Works like a charm until they come for you. Ask a Jew. 

You may deem that answer "unacceptable" but it is the only option.  When in doubt play the long game. 

The SOP that worked in the past is no longer viable. 

Online Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2014, 10:38:30 AM »
 cc: ff: 6: :7 9:
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
when you loss respect for the law that protects us all ,you loss the respect for yourself and family, you need taking out. peaceful protest OK, riots and looting is not. lets loot the homes of the ones that were arrested for rioting or looting to see if they like it. by the second night the big guns there needed protect us all . the cop will have to answer for himself , what about the rioters and looters will they answer for what they cause and done. remember one thug started this all because he was above the law.

Offline deano

• VIP
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2014, 11:43:19 AM »
remember it did not start when the cop shot the thug , it started when the thug refuse to get out of the street and to the sidewalk when ask to by the cop.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2014, 12:31:06 PM »
when you loss respect for the law that protects us all ,you loss the respect for yourself and family, you need taking out. peaceful protest OK, riots and looting is not. lets loot the homes of the ones that were arrested for rioting or looting to see if they like it. by the second night the big guns there needed protect us all . the cop will have to answer for himself , what about the rioters and looters will they answer for what they cause and done. remember one thug started this all because he was above the law.

Well, sort of.  Need some examples of unjust laws?  Or will you just go blindly into submission? 

Jim Crow Laws
Patriot Act
Affirmative Action
Suffrage

I could go on. 

IDK if "one thug" started this?  My understanding is that he had a hole in his head long about the time this started?  Hard to start shit with an extra hole or two in your head. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
Harsh reality. 

Police rates are measured as a percent of 10,000.  St, Louis?  38.4 officers per 10k.  Loosing battle if you loose the support of the community.  Trust me, cops shoot to kill in an attempt to "control" and it will be open warfare against cops / national guard, will transform into civil war broken out in large part by race.  You also assume that cops will shoot to kill their fellow citizen based on orders alone.  That could be slightly problematic, perhaps more so in a racially diverse unit.   

Your argument is more force because the crowd is too big?  Suspend rights?  Shoot to kill?  That works in  fascists regimes and dictatorships.  Generally where the population is unarmed.  Works like a charm until they come for you. Ask a Jew. 

You may deem that answer "unacceptable" but it is the only option.  When in doubt play the long game. 

The SOP that worked in the past is no longer viable.
At what point did you miss the STOP part. At no time did I say shoot on sight. It was and is     stop,drop or be shot.  At what point did I say anything about stop,drop or be shot applying to anyone other than rioters and looters ? 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »
Well, sort of.  Need some examples of unjust laws?  Or will you just go blindly into submission? 

Jim Crow Laws
Patriot Act
Affirmative Action
Suffrage

I could go on. 

IDK if "one thug" started this?  My understanding is that he had a hole in his head long about the time this started?  Hard to start shit with an extra hole or two in your head.
The laws that are being broken in Ferguson are not unjust . Yummi,for one that likes to see the big picture ,you sure have developed a case of tunnel vision. Mike Brown started this . No denying it at all. Did he forsee the unintended (by him) consequences? NO but,neither did the guy sitting in a get away car forsee his accomplice killing a store clerk in a robbery. He's still just as guilty as the shooter.   Same thing applies here,IMO.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »
The laws that are being broken in Ferguson are not unjust . Yummi,for one that likes to see the big picture ,you sure have developed a case of tunnel vision. Mike Brown started this . No denying it at all. Did he forsee the unintended (by him) consequences? NO but,neither did the guy sitting in a get away car forsee his accomplice killing a store clerk in a robbery. He's still just as guilty as the shooter.   Same thing applies here,IMO.

That is actually open for debate.  See near as I can figure the rioters / protesters are upset because they perceive that an unarmed man was shot unjustly.  Investigation is ongoing in that regard.  We will find out sooner or later. Does that make violating other laws in that process right?  No.  That includes violations of free speech, free press, property rights, issuance of unlawful orders, etc.  There are plenty of "laws" being broken by all participants in this deal.  For one side to assert the moral high ground by hiding behind laws while ignoring the law themselves is laughable.   

Coming up with "solutions" that include shoot to kill, under pretense of "the law is always right" is discounting 100% what the rioters / protesters are torked off about.  Somehow making the nexus that but for the Mike Brown deal there would be no underlying concern is simplistic at best.  How many folks spend their time justifying that Mike Brown was a POS?  Fine, lets all agree that he is a POS.  His friends too; hell, his family and dog.  We can agree on all of that.  Good shoot?  Fine, lets assume that.

Does that negate the underlying concerns?  Hardly.  Anybody that wants to make that argument is foolish.  It is not a wise course of action in my estimation. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2014, 03:44:57 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal