Author Topic: 911 call for and auto alarm guy  (Read 5721 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: 911 call for and auto alarm guy
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »
Sounds like it keeps the owner from stealing his own vehicle very effectively! LOL!!!! Bet a thief can bypass it in 2 seconds flat.

At one point yeasterday I was ready to go find and illegal and ask him to open it for me.  LMAO LMAO

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
Sorry fast I didn really do much. But glad it worked and we will call it even for those enchiladas. Those were fantastic. Sure am glad some people showed late cause there plate was better than mine!   LMAO
Have a safe trip back to Kansas.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »
Well back home and  :7 9: still fighting the alarm on the truck  violin, I know same song different tune.   It will start and run BUT every time I lock the doors and then unlock them the alarm will go off again.  I have to push the valet button to shut it up.  Both mine and the wife's key are the same.  So If I want the truck locked then I have to put up with the alarm when I unlock it.  Any idea's?  Dodge still says that it is not factory but the alarm light sure as hell is on the instrument panel.  Only way that could be is if it were put there by the factory.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »
Well back home and  :7 9: still fighting the alarm on the truck  violin, I know same song different tune.   It will start and run BUT every time I lock the doors and then unlock them the alarm will go off again.  I have to push the valet button to shut it up.  Both mine and the wife's key are the same.  So If I want the truck locked then I have to put up with the alarm when I unlock it.  Any idea's?  Dodge still says that it is not factory but the alarm light sure as hell is on the instrument panel.  Only way that could be is if it were put there by the factory.
That's Dodge for you. Dodge the issue........................ eyes This type of stuff is why I'll never ,ever own another Dodge.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »
you gonna suck it up and take to dealer or have you already done so and told it wasn't their problem??
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 02:34:23 PM »
Dang.
So Fast I'm guess you bought the truck NEW?  What about haveing the keys reprogrammed.  One of the post I read when I searched he had something similar happening.  Think it was a 1500 truck or a durango. 
PS I used Bing for that search, wifes computer. 1st page of search
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 03:46:05 PM »
you gonna suck it up and take to dealer or have you already done so and told it wasn't their problem??

Ya I made and appointment with the dealer.
Dang.
So Fast I'm guess you bought the truck NEW?  What about haveing the keys reprogrammed.  One of the post I read when I searched he had something similar happening.  Think it was a 1500 truck or a durango. 
PS I used Bing for that search, wifes computer. 1st page of search

I seen that one and I'll try it again before I take it in.  I'v been told that some after market alarms can be tied into the light on the dash.   I didn't buy it new but I got the window sticker that said that it has the theft deterrent system on it. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
crazy part is most are equipped with the theft system but not all are activated. some how once and a while they get activated and  you might wind up having the pcm re flashed to correct this. or if you know someone good re flashed to delete this lol  hope it's an easy fix. if you think it's an aftermarket alarm call a local shop that installs them and ask but I can say this....all the aftermarket alarms and remote start system will fail and leave you dead in the water, if wired to do so.

?? http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/sitemap/07-anti-theft-key-demobilization-t180983.html  ??
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:09:02 PM by Dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »
Try this Glenn... With the door open, use the remote and lock/unlock the door 3 times fast. That used to be how you put most aftermarket alarms into and out of valet mode.

DW

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »
Try this Glenn... With the door open, use the remote and lock/unlock the door 3 times fast. That used to be how you put most aftermarket alarms into and out of valet mode.

DW

I'll give this a try.  I have done it with the doors closed many times.  I did find my window sticker and it has the Sentry Key(R)Theft Deterrent System on the truck from the factory. 

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-powertrain/260572-damn-theft-mode.html

apparently your not the only one fast lol

This artilel had a idea about the #11 fuse.  I'll give this a try to. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal