Author Topic: Just not right  (Read 3642 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Just not right
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »
Got this in and e-mail this morning.   Kind of strikes home and makes you wounder how one sided the Trayvon people are.

You won't recognize me, My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my Mommy's peers from Brunswick, GA., determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty. Too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me, so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton Or Jesse Jackson,  because if there was, he would be declared racist. So there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the face, while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell your families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

Thank you,
 Antonio West

pixel.gif?upn=85783369727100471
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:36:21 AM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Just not right
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 07:38:38 AM »
I heard an interesting "fact."  I am kind of done with the race debate right now so I did not look into it.  But the upshot was the rate of crime against white by minorities is higher than white on white?  IDK if that is true.  It very may well be.  Like I say, I am done with the race debate for a bit. 

But yes, shameful what happened in the case above.   
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »
I'm familiar with this as its not to far away.  Point blank into face of a 13 month old is.............not able to express in this forum.  This the two teens were like 15+/- and I think you have to be 17 when crime commited to go sleepy sleeply night night in Georgia. 

Lets just say while in prison they will learn the real reason for were saggy pants came from.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
Sad story to say the least.

LiveWire

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »
I read several articles that came out as the trial went on. What the trial amounted to was an overwhelming amount of proof showing that things went down fairly close to what Zimmerman said and far from what the media eluded to.

Zimmerman got out of his car to read the street address in order to give to the 911 dispatcher. Martin was not in site of Zimmerman at that point. Martin came out after Zimmerman was out of the car to confront Zimmerman. Within moments punched Zimmerman, knocked him down, got on top of him and was pounding on him. Zimmerman's head was slammed into the pavement at least once. One expert said it could have been from one time. Personally I would feel once was enough. The two ended up on grass so maybe some of the head slams were on grass instead of pavement. Those that want Zimmerman in jail still make it out that he got out of the car to initiate a confrontation with Martin. Evidence of the trial didn't just instill reasonable doubt, it proved Zimmerman's account that he did not initiate the confrontation and had reason to believe his life was in danger by it.

Here is an interesting read of another situation where the media and other's rallied the public with what proved to be false information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 01:56:19 PM »
In this world equality is an elusive thing  especially since those with a vested interest in keeping the race card active don't really want equality. They are enjoying the special privileges that being "wronged" have given them.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 12:43:09 PM »
I read several articles that came out as the trial went on. What the trial amounted to was an overwhelming amount of proof showing that things went down fairly close to what Zimmerman said and far from what the media eluded to.

Zimmerman got out of his car to read the street address in order to give to the 911 dispatcher. Martin was not in site of Zimmerman at that point. Martin came out after Zimmerman was out of the car to confront Zimmerman. Within moments punched Zimmerman, knocked him down, got on top of him and was pounding on him. Zimmerman's head was slammed into the pavement at least once. One expert said it could have been from one time. Personally I would feel once was enough. The two ended up on grass so maybe some of the head slams were on grass instead of pavement. Those that want Zimmerman in jail still make it out that he got out of the car to initiate a confrontation with Martin. Evidence of the trial didn't just instill reasonable doubt, it proved Zimmerman's account that he did not initiate the confrontation and had reason to believe his life was in danger by it.

I call BS on most of that above as GZ was TOLD by the cops (duing his 911 call) to not get near the person at that point anything further was GZ being wrong.

GZ was a niehborhood watch guy for years so he would KNOW the address of the places inside this gated community he was VERY familier with. His story is BS pure and simple.

Personally I am glad he will live the rest of his life in fear.

I SUPPORT the stand your ground. But this case was a travesty of it. GZ approached TM after being told not too. If TM had had a gun and shot GZ it would have been stand your ground as GZ KEPT following TM AFTER being told not to by the 911 operator.

That IS the last known fact and should have been all that was needed to put him away. Either way I do not see a good future for GZ.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »
I am reluctant to give a dispatcher on a phone the authority of "lawful order."  Sure, fine people and no doubt a stressful job, but not one that raises to the standard of "lawful order."  So, no, the police did not tell him anything. 

Weird how a few weeks after the verdict this can still raise such passion in folks. Always good to see passion, but I would have figured it would have subdued by now.   

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »
911 operaters are not cops, not dr, nurse or attorney either.  They give out basic information to ad caller til the proper authorities arrive.  GZ never argued stand your ground, his defense was self defense.  His getting out of car was not the best idea; the suspect could have had a gun, knife, or more than one suspect.  But wasn't against the law getting out.  The first broken law was assult and accord to GZ and an eye witness it was TM who began assult.  Sad case, some lost some, some lost all. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 06:32:11 PM »
In many places the dispachers are the ones taking 911 calls and they are cops. I have talked to more than a couple who were dispatchers and even had badges right on their chests and wore uniforms maching the branch they serve. Your state may vary but in many they carry enough weight to indeed give you orders. Disobeying them as they are recorded shows intent. It has been said more than once the only reason GZ got off is the prosecution dropped the ball. (as a side note thats pratically a bad joke remember this is the state that set the rigging up for the worst presidential election ever...)

I will also say that GZ DID argue stand your ground as his defense for shooting another man. This was heard many times on many fronts on many news channels over and over.

Stand your ground does NOT give you the right to pick a fight then shoot your way out when you find you are in to deep. Its for those who are minding here own buisness and are approached by those wishing to do unlawful things to you.

I also do not think this eyewitness Carl speaks of is legit as they were silent for to long at the beginning. Many who are deep in the case stated this and the only two who really know what happened were GZ and TM and being that GZ told the story guess what? It went his way. I even saw where the witness admitted they were not right there seeing it all. Hell the cell phone call FROM TM told us more.

Again I support stand your ground but this was not that nor self defense. You start following me home without a light on top of your car and see what happens.

I will defend my right to be left alone until I am actually breaking the law from anyone who does not ID themselves as a cop first thing. If you are following me I would fear you as a robber (or worse) which I believe most would. They make an APP for that.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »
In many places the dispachers are the ones taking 911 calls and they are cops. I have talked to more than a couple who were dispatchers and even had badges right on their chests and wore uniforms maching the branch they serve. Your state may vary but in many they carry enough weight to indeed give you orders.

Does that apply in Florida?  If not then the rest is likely not relevant? And even if they are is it a lawful order?  I doubt that it would qualify as such. 

Two guys were there.  One is dead.  The jury spoke and the other acted in self defense.  Not much more to it than that.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 06:58:42 PM »
Does that apply in Florida?  If not then the rest is likely not relevant? And even if they are is it a lawful order?  I doubt that it would qualify as such. 

Two guys were there.  One is dead.  The jury spoke and the other acted in self defense.  Not much more to it than that.

I bet there is more to it. Even GZ's own brother admitted he will be looking over his shoulder the rest of his life.

The jury has had memebers who even admitted afterwards on TV they felt GZ WAS guilty but the prosecution was piss poor.

Civil trials may be coming too. If he makes it that long.

It just pisses me off that GZ whos track record speaks for itself got away with it so far.  But he still will answer for it in this life and the next I believe. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 07:03:50 PM »
What is his track record? 

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »
What is his track record?

He has been recorded calling in many suspicious men of color.

It was even noted that he had many less calls of hispanic or white potential perpetrators.

I do know and realize that in many areas there are larger numbers of paritcular colored folk who by the simple law of averages will commit more crimes as there are more of them in an area.

But they played several calls (911 calls) and he seemed to target men of the color that TM was. Yes I know that there have been reported break ins by people of color in this same area. But there are also many who were not of the same race as TM. This area is known for a pretty high hispanic population. (Hell whites too for that matter). But GZ's record of calls show far more for one particular race that was not his own.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 07:28:11 PM »
He has been recorded calling in many suspicious men of color.

It was even noted that he had many less calls of hispanic or white potential perpetrators.

I do know and realize that in many areas there are larger numbers of paritcular colored folk who by the simple law of averages will commit more crimes as there are more of them in an area.

But they played several calls (911 calls) and he seemed to target men of the color that TM was. Yes I know that there have been reported break ins by people of color in this same area. But there are also many who were not of the same race as TM. This area is known for a pretty high hispanic population. (Hell whites too for that matter). But GZ's record of calls show far more for one particular race that was not his own.

I not seeing where he had racist tendencies.  As I recall there was a civil rights investigation into him that revealed no pattern of that?  If there was grounds for that claim the fed would have brought charges by this point.

This case was blown out by media.  Local police and prosecutors did not want to file charges, shopped to somebody that would after marches and rallies.

There is nothing to do about race on the deal.  I know that is not what the media says, but I don't see it and I am pretty receptive to it.  Just don't see it.

On the civil deals?  Not so much.  Couple of pre-trial motions and it is over.  The not guilty and the establishment of self defense in the criminal trial by definition means he was not "negligent."

Its over. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal