Author Topic: Fatality at LS, OK  (Read 5971 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Fatality at LS, OK
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »
With the proliferation of the utv/atv/quads the rates of injury and death ,I would presume, would naturally rise due to a lot of reasons. I could be very wrong about that tho. Still very sad to hear of.

I think that the sheer fact that you can buy what you want now days in the way of HP and toys with out any experience is allot of the problem.  Back in the day when we started this sport you had to build it.  And the IT was a 1200cc VW slug that did good to get up a dune and speeds were much lower then what's out there now.  When we went over a dune we were not going fast enough to lawn dart.  We just kind of rolled over the hills.   rofl We had a chance to learn the ropes before we got into the higher HP cars and side by sides.  Not so with to days youth. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »
That is a factor for sure.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »
I am also extremely sorry to here of his passing. And trluly feel for his younger brother who had to witness it. I pray he finds a way to cope and come to peace with his brothers passing. I am sure he will wrestle with this for years to come. If Clayton was a big brother like I am he was probably watching out for his brother and got caught out.

I have been going to L/S for 4 years now and it still spooks me at times. You must ALWAYS be on your toes. As for blaming or closing the park. I find that to be a foolish remedy. Kids are dieing on street bikes around here all the time. So I guess they should close the interstates and all other roads to protect the riders. It always amazes me how the "people" solve problems. People die in car accidents so I guees the same resolution would fix that. I hope we all do not suffer for an unfortunate accident.

Rest in peace Clayton.

My family and I are praying for his.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal