Author Topic: Yo Yo Yo  (Read 4909 times)

Online Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Yo Yo Yo
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 06:19:24 AM »
I'd call it more infered than observation.  Large hispanic population in that part of town too.  Pretty sure she's not part of the 1%.  In fact I'd say no one in those 200 +/- apts pays any taxes. 

Cant wait to chil' wid my homboyz in a fe munts!  Brung u a 40!  LMAO LMAO
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 08:18:17 AM »
Here's another observation. At least 90% of the time any of us can tell from just audio if a person is black or not. WHY is that? Grimm ,you want to address that fact?

FACT????

Where is that statistic printed?

Anyone of average intelligence could derive that this last statement of yours is complete ignorance.

Maybe where you live that's the case.  Here in the upper Midwest, that isn't the case at all.  Many of my friends are very educated and are not white.  If you were to talk to them over the phone, you wouldn't know what color they were. 

My soon to be spouse isn't white, nor could you tell that just by audio.  She went to private school K-12 and then put herself through trade school and now her 3rd year of college.  I know many who have similar stories.  Maybe it's an Iowa thing, but most of us are fairly educated and speak similarly.

Where did you pull that 90% statistic from anyway?  Do you keep track of all of your encounters?  I'm just curious.

I don't live down there, so maybe it's quite a bit different.  As for Hood Ratz, we have them, kind of.  They are want to be thugs, who grew up in the suburbs from middle class homes in low crime neighborhoods.  They just want to pretend that they are hard.  They come in all colors around here, and speak the same lingo.

Ebonics isn't just for black people anymore.  I agree that it's ignorant, but it's not just one particular race, it's more a particular culture.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:22:33 AM by Grimm Reaper Racing »
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 08:48:23 AM »
 I have OBSERVED the people in my town. I have observed what I described everywhere I go. I make no apology. If others have not heard it then perhaps they need to open their ears. It's not my fault some demand they be different but not have it pointed out. effin ebonics my ass. My philosophy on this is plainly stated in my sig line. America needs to pay attention to that principle and stop willingly  dividing ourselves into splinter groups . Your soon to be wife is a perfect example of what I am saying. Apparently she does not feel the need to be different but rather be just another good US citizen asking for no special treatment. Again refer to my sig line.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 12:02:39 PM »
Ignorance recognizes ignorance...

Observation: 
1. the noting of a fact or occurrence (as in nature) often involving the measurement of some magnitude with suitable instruments <temperature observations>; also : a record so obtained

2. close watch or examination (as to monitor or diagnose a condition) <postoperative observation> <psychiatric observation>1

Words such as "chillin","or whatever","some residence", or "home girl" are used by more than just black people.

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's funny when a woman is abused or assaulted and or robbed.

I'm not going to change any of your opinions, so I'll stop wasting my time.

Those words are only said by others who wish to appear (for reasons that escape me)  more like those they try to be more like a certain group and thus they are called WANNABE'S for a reason.

Maybe you ought to look at some of Bill Cosby's words. He comes down harder on his own race cause he KNOWS they act like idiots just for an excuse instead of doing something to put a good light on themselves.

If you wanna go running off and say I am racist go ahead. But if you have seen the skin of some of the girls I have dated you would realize that you were a fool for doing so. Many ofthem would not date people who aced a certain way (wannabe's) but dated me and other skin colors cause they liked the person.

Skin color is NO reason to act a certain way to try to impose an image.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »
Well said,IMO.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 01:10:25 PM »
Nutz,

I haven't said you were a racist, nor will I make a judgement about you personally.  The only point I was trying to make is "chillin" isn't ebonics.  For fooks sake Blaine Larsen's song - "Chillin" is pretty white boy country, or am I mistaken?

While I'm at it, Eric Church has a song called "Homeboy"  Does that make him black, or poor, or ignorant, or a "wannabe".  Which by the way is slang for "want to be"

Oh and lets not forget "or whatever" a term commonly use by everyone I know.  It's like saying "like" in sentence as a filler.  Yes it is a bit distracting, but I've been know to do it myself from time to time.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:20:12 PM by Grimm Reaper Racing »
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 01:33:14 PM »
Honestly Grimm,if I was a person such as your soon to be wife I'd be offended that others wish to not be "just another American" and act differently ,on purpose,for no reason other than to draw attention to themselves and then condemn those that do notice.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
Wait, time out.

Congrats Grimm on the pending nuptials. 

Carry on.  Wait, wait, I can do better cause I am a nique!

Yo carry on wif da conversation so dat hopefully you all can git it resolved. Lord knows an internet argument iz always productive , wOrd!
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »
Wait, time out.

Yo carry on wif da conversation so dat hopefully you all can git it resolved. Lord knows an internet argument iz always productive , wOrd!
That you are . ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 07:08:31 AM »
Wait, time out.

Thanks Yummi!

I actually found a great one this time around.   ;D
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 07:10:21 AM »
Yes,congrats on the find!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal