Author Topic: Just another thing I think should piss people off.  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Re: Just another thing I think should piss people off.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Honestly it's my distrust of the polling stations officials. I don't believe the popular vote is even close to correct. Remember the hanging chad BS fiasco? Anyone believe the final count? At least with the electoral crap we have an opportunity to scrutinize a much smaller group.  Either way tho the true vote totals will never be accurate.

At least the vote is more accurate with the electronic system right?  Sarcasm
I mean, even though a few software designers said in a court of law how easy they are to manipulate....AND that Diebold refuses to release the machine code to the public so we can all be certain that ALL it does is count...
 If they say its accurate voting, than I trust them.  eyes
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »
+1. My distrust runs deeper and deeper each year.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »
Distrust is good. It helps keep people honest. The problem is when distrust and passiveness pair up. And people choose to not speak up and demand change loud enough. Every year it is harder to believe "I can change to world for the better."

ff:

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 10:45:36 AM »
People are too timid to speak their minds in the presence of opposition also. I think most peeps here know I'm not . LOL!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:54:20 AM by masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 12:14:42 PM »
Distrust is good. It helps keep people honest.

I know I wish this was true but more people now distrust the G-ment than ever and its only getting more corrupt.

Wheres the point the teeter totter tips back? If it ever will?
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 06:05:47 PM »
It's America Nutz. We always teeter back. Look at it this way, when you were a kid on the playground and the fat kid got on the teeter-totter and had it tottered down. It just takes a few more kids on the other side to teeter it back. So the more and more people are distrustful and pile on the teeter side the closer we are to getting that fat kid (Government) of his ass and in balance.

I have been through 2 plant closings and a buyout in the last 20 years. The worst was when I worked for Nestle (Swedish Co.) moved all of our operations in MO to Mexico. They have had to move it all back now, 5 years later. They are all corrupt and this country got this way with both Major Parties steering the ship.   

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »
It's America Nutz. We always teeter back. Look at it this way, when you were a kid on the playground and the fat kid got on the teeter-totter and had it tottered down. It just takes a few more kids on the other side to teeter it back. So the more and more people are distrustful and pile on the teeter side the closer we are to getting that fat kid (Government) of his ass and in balance.

I have been through 2 plant closings and a buyout in the last 20 years. The worst was when I worked for Nestle (Swedish Co.) moved all of our operations in MO to Mexico. They have had to move it all back now, 5 years later. They are all corrupt and this country got this way with both Major Parties steering the ship.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »
Well, the old "It always turns out OK" is looking less and less valid.  We have never had this level of debt and this level of not giving a shit by those in control.  Everyone that thinks "this is America what could possibly go wrong" are going to be in for an awakening if things don't change.  You can only violate economic rules for so long before the thing crashes.  We have one party that doesn't even care about the level of deficit spending and the other that proposes anemic cuts less than the baseline increase.

Some days I think Ron Paul is the only one with any sense.   rofl

trans man

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 05:18:44 PM »
Quote from: Engineer link=topic=4252.msg70401#msg70401 date=1329106

Some days I think Ron Paul is the only one with any sense.   rofl
[/quote
+1 Your NOT the only one.  :-X :-X

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal