Author Topic: The Gulch and the Spechef  (Read 7524 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
The Gulch and the Spechef
« on: February 21, 2011, 08:46:07 PM »
I think it's about time I reported on Spechef and The Gulch. Spec has, IMO, proven his talents in the kitchen are quite a bit above the norm. So far I think Spec has about a 95% approval rating with the trial runs of some offerings we will be serving. In the food business I'm thinking anything over 80% positive is doing quite well and Spec has far surpassed that. We're tying up a few loose ends and if all goes well ,will be legal open by end of month or very soon after. It has taken longer than either one of has wanted,no fault of Spec. This thing has just grown from wanting to have 4 walls covered in OSB to what I think will be a unique and friendly,cozy,corner pub atmosphere. Something different in these parts. LOL!!!! Spec has already gotten his feet wet handling the local bikers . LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl rofl   Spec has a talent for defusing stuff,something he's learned pretty well here. I must admit I've been an ass a few times with Spec but,as SURE I'm the Specinator would agree,sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. ;D ;D ;D ;D Ya know I 'm there for you Spec!  For people that have not had to deal with large numbers of the general public it can be quite a steep learning curve to be able to learn the huge difference in how your perspective must change to be able to deal with the public successfully. It really takes a complete 180*change in thinking and sometimes seems stupid as hell but it is what it is. Many times ya gotta spend some to get the future secured. Anyway ,I'm rambling on but the bottom line is that I'm pretty damn happy with Spec and I think he'll do very well here. Good job Spec! ;) :) :) You da man!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:32:51 AM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Gulch and the Spechef
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:32:28 PM »
Congratulations!  Good to hear that it is about to be up and running!

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:30:37 AM »
Always fun to be on the eave of a new adventure.  Success is just around the corner.  Good for both of you.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:43:43 AM »
 LMAO rofl I was wondering how long it would take. That's the way Spec, don't cop any shit Ol Son, give it too em.  ;D ;) kick It's good to hear people have taken a shine to the little Fella. I knew they would... 8)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:45:58 AM by Reidy02 »
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 05:47:03 AM »
A resturant might be one of the worst business's to get in.  Its 2 nd shift hours, trying to make people happy who are too lazy to cook, and deal with all the safty stuff too.  But the reward of a satisfied belly and a mouth bragging about something you created has got to be sweet. 

See ya in a couple months!!! ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SPEC

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 06:15:09 AM »
Thanks Fabr ;D You make me blush
And every body else 8)
I've been Busy as hell here too...Mostly in the kitchen Perfecting my sauces...Slicing Jerky, Grinding stix and the gulch's meats...sunday and yesterday I put 70 pounds of beef thru the slicer and grinder...I finally set the recipe on the the spec stix,3 pepper sauce, And the Spec's BBQ sauce...FINALLY ...These fookers have been in the works for years...The rest of my time is trying yo find more ground to garden on drowning
I went from doing jerky and stix once a month to running out weekly...so jerky and stix at least once a week, pickle sales are incredible here...Rouphly 10 to 12 qts per week...Plus orders :s
I'll need quadruple  garden production just to keep My Beloved LOYAL CUSTOMERS HERE and the Gulch in goodies...Plus the local new demand...For Spec's goodies..HOLY CRAP...I WISH I WAS EXAGERATING...Well, glad I'm not
Anyway
A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE ENCOURAGED ME TO DO THIS AND TO ALL OF THOSE WHO HAVE MADE THIS HAPPEN ;D

SPEC

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 10:31:51 PM »
Welp.  ;D
Got some pix tonight
We are hosting a welcome home party for a accident victim.....NO MATTER WHAT FABR TELLS YA I DIDN'T DO IT
Nice couple,
Anyway it's late and been rubbing pork, grinding meat, and cooking chili...
Fabr Did some incredible work...Better hack on him....His head barely fits thru- the door now rofl LMAO rofl
I won't go mushy
Here's the pix
More to come

SPEC

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 10:38:59 PM »
The place is really 180* from when I first saw it...
I hated it then...I really have become attached to it now ;D
These pix are already out dated ...
I made some changes and placed some more cooking goodies in the kitchen since I took these pix....
I'm Beyond words with my kitchen...
It is FOOKEN INCREDIBLE...IT IS FOOKEN IN CREDIBLE...

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 02:01:02 AM »
Wow guys that looks good! Ya could knock up some good grub in there Spec... ;D
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 05:45:37 AM »
It looks great, all coming together well. 

I must ask about his statement though:

"Anyway it's late and been rubbing pork"
 LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO :o :o :o LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 05:55:38 AM »
Sweet!  Someday i will go to the middle of nowhere Kansas and have a meal.  This is going to be great for you Spec.  Looks like Fabr did it all first class.  Best way to go.  It will pay off in the long run.   Now, get to cooking / serving beer so the woman can come down and join you.  Life is better with a good bar wench!
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 04:12:50 PM »
Looks like you guys built a great place for a get together.  Now get busy  10:
You smell that?

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 10:34:46 PM »
If only we had a dune or 2...............................
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 05:01:16 PM »
ya I hear ya there cause if there was a closer one that was atleast close to ls I wouldn't go back to ls! nice job both of you on this venture, it looks like it's turning out well and I plan on making it down someday to lose some money!  ;) ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SPEC

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 06:50:47 PM »
Thanks guy's
we have a muddy overflow parking lot if that helps :o ;D
Working on the menu Doing the last refinements, buttoning down the suppliers, and some final prep/finish work
I'm pretty sure I have my sauces finalized, The Gulch, and Spec stix  finalized as well,
I think it went well Friday night...We served around 50 HUNGRY people...2 gallons of chili, 16# of chicken drummies and wings, about 7 pounds of pulled pork, and a loaf and a half of fresh home cooked bread, on top of the 3 bags of buns plus a loaf of french bread...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal