Author Topic:  (Read 16194 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 08:03:46 PM »
Yes 50w.  I had a radio in my old car - wont go without now.  Best thing going IMHO
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »
1+1+1!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Jerry

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2010, 06:08:23 AM »
What radio did you get??

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 06:27:19 AM »
What radio did you get??

Rugged sells a package - in this case it is a vertex.   I actually got it all from TSL Offroad - they are a rugged reseller. 

http://www.ruggedradios.com/race-racing-communications-store/details/527/130/browse-by-application/off-road/utvs/600-2p-50w-2-place-offroad-utv-intercom-with-50-watt-car-to-car.html

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2010, 06:32:33 AM »
So I just ordered up the last of the stuff.   HID lights and some purple tie down / axle straps.  (Not gonna use them on the axle - they will work fine for the frame).

Should be nice lights.

I had some 9" 100w Halogens that won't clear the garage....  3 of them, now three HIDs.  If somebody wants to sweet talk me out of three 9" Hellas I am all ears.

Halogen 8" Driving Light 100w

HID 8" Oval 965 driving single 50w   

HID 8" Oval 965 driving pair 50w   

I am scratching my noggin thinking - have I missed anything?  Oh yea, an ammo can - there is a rack behind the cooler rack just for that purpose.... those are getting hard to find. 

Still keeping the UPS man busy. 

I so don't want to tally receipts.  And at some point I actually need to drive this dang car.  We have a night / early evening run planed on July 23rd.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:52:16 AM by Yummi »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 06:33:23 AM »
Rugged puts together a very nice setup.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 07:01:44 AM »
So I just ordered up the last of the stuff.   HID lights and some purple tie down / axle straps.  (Not gonna use them on the axle - they will work fine for the frame).

Should be nice lights.

I had some 9" 100w Halogens that won't clear the garage....  3 of them, now three HIDs.  If somebody wants to sweet talk me out of three 9" Hellas I am all ears.

Halogen 8" Driving Light 100w

HID 8" Oval 965 driving single 50w   

HID 8" Oval 965 driving pair 50w   

I am scratching my noggin thinking - have I missed anything?  Oh yea, an ammo can - there is a rack behind the cooler rack just for that purpose.... those are getting hard to find. 

Still keeping the UPS man busy. 

I so don't want to tally receipts.  And at some point I actually need to drive this dang car.  We have a night / early evening run planed on July 23rd.

The Yard Store in Wichita has all you want.  just let me know and I'll pick you up some.  Last time I checked they had a whole building full of them. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 07:06:51 AM »
Last time I was there I didn't see any. About a month ago. May have been hidden tho as they are doing major changes there huh?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 07:07:52 AM »
BTW The Yard Store will ship anything you need also.
http://www.yardstore.com/
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 08:21:10 AM »
Well, managed to find an ammo can locally.  Fits like a glove.  We should likely start a topic re: What tools to carry.  I used to carry too much with the wing.  The reality is the tow strap and a screw driver was about all we have ever needed.  Figure a roll of duct tape, adjustable wrench, few zip ties and call it good?   

The UPS man also came - again.  I have a little area at the front of the car for a light.  Now, I like that idea.  I get so tired of folks who run HID's or the entirety of their lights in crowed areas.  Dude - you are rolling at 10mph - do you really need 1,000,000,000 candle power to see?  Just my pet peeve.  So, the small light will be nice for those times.  I ordered some Hellas, but they will be too big.  (I figured out a work around on that and can use them) Need to find a cheap pilot light or something from Pep Boys if i want too use that space.  Thinking about what to do.  I will figure it out soon enough. 

Today is reassemble dash day.  That will be less than fun but better than real work.  As always pictures attached. 

Offline Jerry

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »
I am not sure what you meant by pilot light, but for a interor light and a light to see in a storage area behind the seats i got a side marker light  for a trailer(i think it was 7 leds) they also have red ones from harbor friegth ( it works great)

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »
Pilot is a brand.  Small light - found them on line at Auto Zone. 

Here is a picture. 

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Pilot-Automotive-Round-driving-lights/_/N-26qt?counter=1&filterByKeyWord=driving+lights&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=21421_0_0_

Used the side marker lights for tail / brake lights.  7 leds each and way cheaper.  There were no brake lights hooked up before but the switch was in.  Weird huh?  Now I have amber running lights and red brake lights.  Throw in the whip and folks should be able to see me at night......

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2010, 06:41:14 PM »
Got the dash all back together.  Have one PTT cable and the antenna cable to route.  Need the roof panel back to route antenna, and no sense in routing them separate, so, we are waiting. 

Elected to paint the "dash" purple in lieu of PC.  (Hard to find "Barney Purple" in a can) In part I may wish to do something with gauge set, etc.  Very limited gauges - idiot lights  for temp and pressure - but only boost and temp for actual GAUGES.  So, may rework that.  Once I do, I will rework the dash with a real spiffy finish. 

The purple does not look bad against the frame, although the pictures show a real difference, to the eye it looks good.  Also noticed I still have to "square"  the gauges.  But, everything is in and works and the hard part is done.  Left extra cable on the Ipod hook up so the girl can hold / control it while buckled in - just held in place by velcro - plenty strong enough.  Also mounted the GPS on the column, look through the steering wheel to see it.  Easy to reach when belted in and far enough behind the wheel where it won't be an issue while driving. 

Picked up a trickle charger / battery tender.  Not exciting but always a good thing for toys that sit. 

Worked on the front light.  1/2 way there.  Will post pictures once I am 100% there. 

Lets see, wait on panels, light bar, finish up front camp light and hid's and I should be done with this whole adventure trying to get the car closer to what I want - well for the time being anyways. 

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:48:53 PM by Yummi »

SPEC

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2010, 08:18:15 AM »
 rofl LMAO BBBBWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA BARNEY MOBILE LMAO rofl

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »
You say you want ammo can's.  Here's ammo can's.

ID: 21283     Date posted: Jul 10, 2010     Expiration date: Aug 14, 2010
--   

Make and Model :  --   

Year :  --   

Price :  $5-15   

Description:  AMMO CANS!!!!!! various sizes....cans are in suburb condition.... clean, rust free, great seals great for putting electrical tools mis. hoses and parts for your toys!!!!! 7.62 mm - 5$ 5.56 mm/50 cal- 7$ 20 mm -15$ 40 mm -10$ 81 mm -5$ 25 mm-6$ brown smoke cans -6$ i have most cans that are out there.....call for appointments and details *buyers must buy over 5 cans* bulk pricing available 

City :  wildomar   

State :  ca   

Zip/Postal Code :  92595   

Contact Information: Name: matt
Phone: 951 751 6896
E-mail: Privacy Mail
 URL: not available

Search all ads posted by this user (the same contact e-mail).

photo 1

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal