Author Topic:  (Read 16199 times)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2010, 10:07:45 PM »
crazy, i figured folks might have thoughts on the design etc - like ecch! purple.  or that sucks.  but silence?  oh well. 

here it is in a better orange.

I like!  Color coordination between bike, helmets and buggy puts you in the god like attention to detail category.  IMO

So this 70 is a new kit?  Or a complete overhaul of an old bike?

On the registration there was no inspection?  Might want to check the rules on whats required, horn blinkers, bumper, etc.  Or at least see how much the fine would be.  8)

Offline Jerry

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 07:13:50 PM »
Hi Yummi
To be street legal in Az did you need to bring the buggy some where to get it inspected (for brake lights, headlights and a horn). When you drive it with the street plate are you required to have insurance even though you are a OHV?  Where can i read the regs at?

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2010, 07:27:16 PM »
Hi Yummi
To be street legal in Az did you need to bring the buggy some where to get it inspected (for brake lights, headlights and a horn). When you drive it with the street plate are you required to have insurance even though you are a OHV?  Where can i read the regs at?

No inspection required.  There is apprently a loop in the law that allows for "incidental use." 

Although I did hook up brake lights and if they don't mind HID I have headlights and Ms. Yum makes one heck of an aoogah noise. 

Insurance?  Don't know - not an issue as it is insured anyways. 

I went here - guy was pretty cool and did it all. 

IN & OUT TAGS AND TITLE SERVICES 
2210 West Southern Avenue, MESA, AZ 85202
(480) 964-0505?

hyunckimagency.com

http://www.hyunckimagency.com/php/tagsandtitle.php

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »
I would check the potential penalties or the in and out is what you will feel the popo did to you after they get done writing tickets.  rofl

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 09:02:55 PM »
They don't care.   Pretty common to see UTV, Quads, etc on the road here.  Long as it is an MC plate, I am good to go.     

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2010, 05:55:39 PM »
Dropped the panels off today at Nash. Very nice guy - gave him free reign to do as he pleases with the photoshop ideas, etc. In short take this idea and run with it.  I am looking forward to seeing the finished design, etc.  My very own "reveal" of sorts. 

If any of you Phoenix folks have been thinking about doing business with him, I imagine you will be pleased.

http://www.nashfx.com/html/body_nashfx.html

There are some dingers on the side panels and body contour lines.  Looks like it will be less expensive to replace the side panels than repair the old ones.  After some discussion with my wallet, I have opted to postpone the helmets for a while.  Other things to spend money on.  The silver of the helmets will still match the car - so it should be all good there. 

Also having a lower skid plate made up from behind the arms back to wrap up around the engine area to save the oil pan and transmission.   

Will post pictures when it is done.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »
UPS man came again. 

Got one of these. Solid white in 4' Seems nice.  Easy quick connect with RCA plug built in - see pictures - simple hand tighten at the dunes and aways we goooooooo........

New 2010' Triple Bright Whip

Ok, you asked for the brightest whip on the planet and now we have it.

Our new triple bright whips have three diodes per led and are extremely bright. They are rated on our spec sheets to be three times as bright as our already very bright standard whips. Need a custom color as shown in picture? please contact us' otherwise we have Red, Blue, white or green.

http://www.safeglowhips.com/

You will note that there is an American Flag.  On the other car I flew a "happy face" and a German flag - the idea was I am a "Happy German." (Prozac helps) But, after some thought, I figured lets do the good ole USA and show some pride.  Yea, Obama Sucks, but it is still a pretty cool place.  As to the required small red flag at the top - uh, yea, not going to happen.  Besides I think Federal flag code prohibits flying any flag - even the little dork red one - above the U.S. Flag.

Also got a main battery disconnect and some roll bar pad.  Pictures of the install of that is about as exciting as paint drying......

There is really only one bar that is an issue - the "belt line" bar.  Dont know if it helps, biut it cant hurt right? Maybe go from a compound fracture to just a fracture?   LMAO

Here is the light at night.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2010, 02:42:12 PM »
Skid plate done and on.   Now I can run over critters with abandon!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2010, 07:03:13 PM »
lol!!!!!! Better stay off the critters! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:57:01 PM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trans man

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2010, 07:51:27 PM »
I like the lighted whips! LOOKS GOOD! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 07:04:47 AM »
I like the lighted whips and the belly pan is kick ass. 

On a off note I though about trying to contack you while we were in Flagstaff at the Chevy dealer waiting for them to change the fuel filter in Clark's truck but got side tracked.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 08:07:26 AM »
I am hopeful the UPS man will have some more goodies for me today. 

I am really looking forward to the final car. (For now - more on that later) Even with all the stuff being done; I am way ahead on what a fresh build would cost.  I am also closer to my "ideal" car and I am fortunately working on putting a round peg into a round hole.  My other car was always going to be a square peg into a round hole. 

The rest is just time and money. 

Funny story of sorts.  I was at a aprty and people were talking about Jeff C.  Well, I bought my car from Jeff C.  Conversation went like this:

What is Jeff C up to? 
Selling his car for $XXXXX

- me - Funny, I am buying his car for $#####.   

I then got to hear various stories about the car.  None of them bad and the consensus was a rocking deal. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 08:18:23 AM »
I like the lighted whips and the belly pan is kick ass. 

On a off note I though about trying to contack you while we were in Flagstaff at the Chevy dealer waiting for them to change the fuel filter in Clark's truck but got side tracked.

Did you get to explore Flag?  Cool little town.  Daughter goes there for college.  I have spent way too much time up there of late with the big snow loads for the winter.  Really wish I could have made CP.  Looks cool. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »
Hey, I was right the UPS man did come....

OK, So today we have some billet stuff.  Not real exciting.  Four clamps for various stuff; license plate, shut off switch, and off road out of state CA sticker.  The CA OHV sticker is not really required, but I always get the out of state sticker just as a "no hassle" insurance policy so I don't get to debate the finer points of Arizona law and California law with a BLM Ranger on a quota.   

Also came in a mirror.  Now, I had real reservations about this.  They all look bad.  Some worse than others.  Like a side view.  So I got one from Pacific Customs.  Kind of put off by the price; but now that I have it - it is a fair value.  Don't know if I like it 100% yet or not, but sometimes, it is what it is and well, seeing, and maybe not coming across somebody, is a good thing. 

Finally radio and cables came - so this weekend will be finish up dash, etc.  Major PITA to do it all - but it should be good once done.  Radio is cheap - its the cables etc that is the killer.

Still have a few more boxes out working their way towards me.  Then HID's and I think that will cover it for awhile.....  Then we can save for phase two.....

CHROME DELUXE SIDE VIEW MIRROR WITH A CONVEX 4.25 INCH DIAMETER MIRROR

http://www.pacificcustoms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AC857817&Store_Code=PC&search=mirror&offset=36&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:26:58 PM by Yummi »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 07:11:20 PM »
You'll love the radio! 50 watt?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal