Author Topic: Thinking out loud.....  (Read 23127 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Thinking out loud.....
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »

Yup, I understand the power comes on gentler in the boosted engine (i.e. clutch drops).  The cost of the transaxle is why I don't have one.  You guys know me by now and realize that my right foot rules my choices powerplant wise.

My wallet rules my choices.....
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2010, 09:57:30 PM »
New red car with Caddy power looks nice as well.  :)  Is that a pro built chasis?  Looks like a very clean package.  What do you see as the downside on either of the last two red ones Yummi? 

I would take a close look at the 5-link brackets on the first one only because it is a problem area for some builders.  Have never heard horror stories about trailing arms so that would be a plus for the caddy powered car.  The caddy powered car is setup very similar to Fastcorvairs car.  I just don't remember what tranny he runs.

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »
My wallet rules my choices.....

Unfortunately so does mine  :(

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2010, 10:17:28 PM »
New red car with Caddy power looks nice as well.  :)  Is that a pro built chasis?  Looks like a very clean package.  What do you see as the downside on either of the last two red ones Yummi? 

I would take a close look at the 5-link brackets on the first one only because it is a problem area for some builders.  Have never heard horror stories about trailing arms so that would be a plus for the caddy powered car.  The caddy powered car is setup very similar to Fastcorvairs car.  I just don't remember what tranny he runs.

Downsdie?  Did I mention that I dont like red?   

Caddy car is a "sandcars.net" car - they were out of Yuma - closed up a few years back.  Have not heard good or bad about them.  Dont think they had too many cars out there.  They advertised as a budget car (think Tatum as their target with that line.)  Pretty simple basic cars in design etc that I can see.  They did not push the envelope, just made a sturdy product within the confines of "normal." 

Downside on  Honda car is one off build.  Makes it tough to sell down the road.  Second downside on the honda car is 16" - market trend is more more more.  Finally on the Honda it is a 5 link - some folks shy away from them.  Might again make it hard to sell down the road. 

Both have a downside in that department - if I stick with limo, etc there is a builder still out there with jigs.  Either of these break an arm - it is all custom work.

Frankly - name cars sell quicker - Tatum and Funco even in this market sell pretty quick.  2nd tier builders not as quick, but they do ok - ie - mosebilt, limo, etc.

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2010, 10:25:21 PM »
Maybe if you looked at the red from a resale aspect like everything else it would be more palletable.  ;D

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »
I know, I am wrapping my head around red.  Chicks dig it.   LMAO

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2010, 10:29:05 PM »
Funny thing is - i like burgundy, ruby, etc - just not fire truck.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2010, 10:30:24 PM »
I know, I am wrapping my head around red.  Chicks dig it.   LMAO

Keep telling yourself that!  rofl

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2010, 10:39:31 PM »
From a straight resale, the sandcars.net would hold it's value better.  Less to worry about - re: turbo etc.  Looks like what it is - your straight up sand car with not much in the way of frills.  Dang thing is in CA.  I have to make a weekend of looking at cars in CA sooner or later.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2010, 09:12:09 PM »
This one appeals to me......

Selling our long travel sand car. 4 seater. It has a 2.5 liter Subaru motor, with a turbocharger, and intercooler, that puts it at 370hp at 15# boost. The car only weighs #1850 and it really moves. It has long travel Fox shocks with reservoirs. Has a brand new, 1 trip, Mendeola transaxle. It has 5 point restraints, 33" play-cut paddles, step down sand tires in front, power steering, single handle turning brakes, rear discs, removable steering wheel, short throw shifter, and 8 Hella off road lights.

There have been about 6 trips on the motor and I just had the Trans rebuilt, direct from Mendeola. $5500.00. Motor was done by "outback motorsports". It has new clutch, brakes, etc. This car is the real deal. It is the fastest thing you have ever driven. The suspension in amazing. woops and bumps are eaten up. The car also looks beautiful. This car will eat up V-8 cars all day!

I wish I didn`t need to sell it, but we have way too many toys and we are downsizing the sand rail. We are open to some level of negotiation and would consider some trades. Motorcycles, quads etc. as long as the trade works out good for us. We can work with you as much as possible if you need it delivered.

Please call or E-mail with any questions. I have reciepts for the motor and trans. I will be happy to send you any pics that you would like to see.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
It's blue. +
Turbo subie. +
It's clean. +
It's done. +
New transaxle. +
Why did it need a new transaxle. -
Looks professionally built. +
Don't find any info on Dominant. -
How big is your trailer. -

Somebody in back could hold your beer when you say "Hey watch this".  ;D

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2010, 10:39:11 PM »
It's blue. + +++++
Turbo subie. +
It's clean. +
It's done. +
New transaxle. +
Why did it need a new transaxle. - Good question.  Maybe it was just time?
Looks professionally built. +
Don't find any info on Dominant. - They closed up shop.  Worried about the shock moiunts in the rear- their newer cars are nice looking - cnat find any bad news on them. 
How big is your trailer. - 16' open deck - should work

Somebody in back could hold your beer when you say "Hey watch this".  ;D

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2010, 11:27:23 PM »
That rear shock/bypass mount bothered me to.  But it is really well boxed, just not to any stiff points.  Looks like the car has been together a while with no problems.  IMO, You could remove any doubt by adding one tube.  But matching the powder would suck.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2010, 05:59:29 AM »
DOn't want to rain on your parade but..................
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:10 AM »
..................ya might want to keep looking.IMO.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal