Author Topic: Just can't catch a break  (Read 9323 times)

SPEC

Re: Just can't catch a break
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 06:15:26 AM »
 ;D
I was out painting last night ...loaded up on Vic's...I'm almost afraid to see what it looks like today ::)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 06:42:48 AM »
So what color are YOU now? LOL!!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 08:46:26 AM »
Damm Spec sorry to hear about this.  :(

Looks like your getting back in business though.  :)

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 04:19:53 PM »
I feel your pain. I just cant seem to shake my black cloud either. Had shifter problems for the last couple trips, finally got it fixed. Went out for a day trip and an injector took a crap on me. Put my new injector in and the new seal did not seat propoerly and hydro-locked one cylinder butsting a tooth on my flywheel. Pulled the motor and replaced the ring gear, put it all back together. Drove down the street and my new found power was too much for my stage 2 pressure palte and smoked my clutch. Pulled the motor again, swaped the clutch out and resurfaced the flywheel. Put it all back together and found that the starter gear was damaged with the broken ring gear. Went out for a weekend trip and both the batteries (less than a year old) in the trailer were bad. Changed  those only to find out that my power converter was bad as well. Two days after we got back form the desert my rear pad on my f250 shattered taking out my rotor. Fixed that. Bought new wheels and tires for my truck with lug nuts and found out the nuts were wrong that came with them. Those babys are $7.95 each at the dealer! Can I get 32 please! This has been my last 2-1/2 weeks, so I feel for you my friend. I cant wait to see whats next. I should probably stay away from my computer so I dont get shocked.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

chrishallett83

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 05:49:15 PM »
I can't believe the cop readied his sidearm because you didn't want to stop attempting to put out a fire that was threatening your workshop and house. What kind of a fooking douchebag does that? And the fire marshall was being a bit of a cheeky fooker too, eh?

Jeez Spec, I feel for you mate! It's already been said by many others, but you are due for some good shit, and soon. Got my fingers crosseed for you man.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 07:47:45 PM »
I can't believe the cop readied his sidearm because you didn't want to stop attempting to put out a fire that was threatening your workshop and house. What kind of a fooking douchebag does that? And the fire marshall was being a bit of a cheeky fooker too, eh?

Jeez Spec, I feel for you mate! It's already been said by many others, but you are due for some good shit, and soon. Got my fingers crosseed for you man.
The average typical cop/fire marshall in the U.S..
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 07:58:37 PM »
I have 2 very good friends that are present and past fire chiefs of a small town volunteer fire dept.near me. You ought to hear them complain about how the fire and police-first responders- have devalued and degraded the term hero by nearly demanding a god like respect for them since 9-11. Anything they do now is called heroic. As a matter of fact they both say that the first responders to the towers on 9-11 were not heroes at all. They were just doing a dangerous job with known risks and expected nothing out of the ordinary when they all went into those towers.Nothing heroic about that.That's the words of two people who have a right to make those comments. Now they say if a person does something truly heroic it means little to those who hear of it. The word is thrown around much too often today.
  Report on THEIR rant is over. ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SPEC

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 04:41:18 AM »
 ;D
WELL SOMETHING GOOD DID HAPPEN...I GOT HEAT
I talked to my buddy, the cop, he's also the fire cheif of another town...
they don't want you in the building...period...till the fire dept says it's okay...even if someone is in it and you know where they are....Personally that is a bunch of shit ...If Barb was in there that cop would have gotten a pipe upside his head and I'd have gotten her out...
I got 1 new electrical box wired in so the pump/fan and 1 light are working ;D I bought a pallet of oils and paint at Mumbler's auction...I got 15 gallons of semigloss for a buck...so I'm whitewashing all the sooted up shit

I was nearly dancing in the streets....till I went and checked the mail...Got a bill for $500 bux from the fire dept...Next time I see the fire marshall we'll prolly have one of those dark alley talks...Naw...Been there an done that before...not worth the expense and time sitting  ;D
so something good did come out of this...I discovered that I did learn something...
A couple of more days and I'll be ready to box up some more goodies to ship off to you guys ;D

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 08:33:24 AM »
Hang in there Bud, don't let the bastards get ya down! ;) ;D
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

chrishallett83

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 12:47:12 AM »
You got a bill from the fire department?!?

I got the perfect solution to all your problems man, move to Australia.

Cops and firies over here will help you put out a fire, not stop you. Also, your pain meds will probably be covered on Medicare.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 01:17:52 AM »
Got a bill for $500 bux from the fire dept...

Just send them a bill for $500 labeled "Soffit replacement".  And a note that says "How bout we just call it even".

I thought that's what we pay taxes for?  Or is that just pay for sitting on thier asses, and the bill is for them having to work?
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 02:46:52 AM »
They've got a stink'n hide really 500 bucks, as boost said send them a bill for ya soffit..
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SPEC

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 04:00:59 AM »
Yup.....
So I asked the city about it
If we don't pay it they'll just add it to my taxes :-[

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 07:00:35 AM »
Sort of like gov run healthcare will be.  LMAO And you Aussies wonder WHY we don't want gov run ANYTHING here. ::) :)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SPEC

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »
Well.....
My Nabe brought over a few flourescant lights and it was a welcome  deal......
Since I can't reallly build anymore...I decided the tubing center is going to get sold...I posted my 750 in the classifieds and on craigs list...Feels like an end of an erra...no more hair on fire thru the woods...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal