Author Topic: If true this aint good. Time to step up. Gun control starting. True??  (Read 18813 times)

hero_saku39

Re: If true this aint good. Time to step up. Gun control starting. True??
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2009, 07:39:28 PM »
I'll make a statement now.....

First of all....very few nations have the ingrained sense of freedom that Americans have.  That is why so few nationalities understand our NECESITY for guns.  That is also why it is so hard to bring democracy to Muslim nations.  And finally, that is also why few other nations understand our resistance to a 'global community".

The militia that 2A speaks of consists of CITIZENS....there was no state militia at the time.  The "arms" referred to in 2A are FIREARMS......those were the "arms" that were used to gain our freedom and those were the "arms" they spoke of.

Coward politicians, media, and talk show host are too afraid to say it but no one here is.....THE REASON THE 2ND AMENDMENT TO THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION WAS INCLUDED WAS TO INSURE THAT WE THE CITIZENS HAVE THE MEANS TO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM OUR GOVERNMENT.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »
Well said Hero. Very well said indeed.  :)
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2009, 09:44:26 PM »
Seen my sig line lately? bb:
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

chrishallett83

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2009, 04:04:10 AM »
I HOPE youryou're kidding about this above.

Have you read ANY of the history of man? Do you know what happens when people cannot defend themselves?

Purposely vague? Not at all. I see the world for what it is. If you do not think all the guns the people of America own are a deterrent to anyone then you are truley blind.

Brainwashed I am not. Prepared is what I am. 

You on the other hand will be called far different things by those who may one day run over you. None of them nice.

You can hope it never happens but if it does. What ARE you gonna do?

Those who run over me?

I do not need a gun to protect myself from an invading force, we have this thing called the Armed Forces here in Australia that do a very good job of that for me.

chrishallett83

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2009, 04:12:46 AM »
First of all....very few nations have the ingrained sense of freedom that Americans have. I'm calling bullshit right now. You think America is the only country that embraces civil liberty? Also, have you ever looked at the Patriot act? Liberty is going the way of the dodo in America these days.

That is why so few nationalities understand our NECESITY for guns. Necessity? What? So now you need guns to be free? What about all the people in America who don't own guns? Are they free? I don't own a gun, am I not free?

That is also why it is so hard to bring democracy to Muslim nations. Hang on, what? Plenty of Muslim countries have guns, all the guns they could ever need or want. Many of them from the U.S. And some of them choose to attack you with your own weapons. Some people are using your own tools of freedom to try and oppress you...

And finally, that is also why few other nations understand our resistance to a 'global community". We don't understand Americas reluctance to free trade because we don't own guns? You're heading down some strange roads here...

chuckorlando

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2009, 05:02:34 AM »

If you count tha Nations that do imbrace it I think you'll find his statment is correct.

In regards of necesity, he speaking of our views of our right to bare arms and the necesity to keep that right

He's speaking of the ingrained sense of freedom not guns

Global comunity has nothing to do with trade and more to do with other nations telling us whats right for us. Or one world curency.

As far as trade goes, it's hard to have open trade when most of the world pays nothing, has no work place standards, insurances laws, and all the things there for the worker.

I dont have a problem with you or your views but a little common sense would work well for a good debate

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2009, 05:56:40 AM »
Ever notice that those WITHOUT something ALWAYS argue that they don't NEED it? Furthermore it also seems like it's always the Aussies that are doing the telling-at least on this site anyway. We see far fewer US citizens  lobbying for gun control than foreigners.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2009, 07:45:21 AM »
Those who run over me?

I do not need a gun to protect myself from an invading force, we have this thing called the Armed Forces here in Australia that do a very good job of that for me.

Its the armed forces that will run over you if your G-ment decides it. Like the others have said in thier posts some common sense would do you wonders.

And no Chris. Your not free. Your not free to own any guns you wish. And since you have little to no means to protect yourself you are one persons decision aways from whatever they wish on you. Free you aint. If you think you are its the rose colored glasses. The lenses on them must be an inch thick.

The retorts you gave to Hero show your just another pissed off lil jealous kid (at least inside).

The part about Muslin nations. They only have guns (high power machine guns) if they are part of the problem (The taliban).  Most of the "normal" muslims have much simpler rifles if they are fortunate to protect there livestock from wolves etc. Yes capable of killing but nearly useless in a fight against a group of 30 machine gun armed tailban memembers. Kill one taliban to be riddled with bullets then have your family executed. 

As for the Patriot act thats being fought. Its as illegal as it comes. Like many thing Bush and Cheney did.

But before you go off on another kid rant about that remember its not as bad or as far along as say........ A Government taking its guns away from its people. Talk about heading down a strange road and telling others your better off for it.  ::)   
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

chrishallett83

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2009, 02:47:17 PM »

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »
Every post shows you sadder and sadder Chris.

Nearly 3/4 of the red in your above post is either a lie or UNPROVEABLE.

Calling you a kid is refferring to the mental intellect your displaying.

Your asking me to cite things that have been "cited" many times. Can't see it? Its cause you either did not read what was wrote or you cannot understand it.

Either way you have no room to comment if you cannot do that.

The part where I said before you go off on another KID RANT (again refferring to the intellect you display) It had nothing to do with my or your actual age like you TRIED to split it up to.

Or did you just not read it? Or just not comprehend it? Seems I have heard that somewhere before.. You seem to do that a lot.

Your too worried about making your-You're to read the content of a post apparently. Frankly I could not care a woopee-doo if its a tad bit of wrong grammer. Truth is I know it. Just don't freekin care.

If you think your phones not tapped or you emails not monitored in Australia then you are gullible as hell. If theres a microphone someones listening. Think they are not? Start talking about highly illegal things and see how fast they find you. 

Your free to own the gun you want? Now now don't get me going on a fibber. I would hate to have to call you a liar. But that statement will indeed get that if you state it again. You are telling yourself your (you're) OK with the gun they let you keep for now. But once you are settled with that don't expect to keep the one you may have now either. They will be back for it. 

You certainly make my case for my previous posts against you saying you do seem the jealous type. 

You don't hide it well either.

So don't bother reading this post like you did not read my posts above. But instead write into them your fantasy view of the world.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:38:36 PM by Nutz4sand »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2009, 04:20:34 PM »
It seems once again that the fine people of Australia are somehow not fully informed in how our gov works yet still think it fine to tell us how we should handle things and what we should do if we don't approve of the govs actions.  We don't have a mechanism to recall our president and as with all peoples we have a very short attention span. Screw us for 3 years and start a "crisis" and you get another 4 years to do as you wish.
 No real need for name calling by anyone and no reason to ridicule anothers spelling abilities. All that shit does is make others mad and stifles any REAL discussion of important topics. Let's keep it civil,OK?

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SPEC

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2009, 04:24:31 PM »
Fabr beat me to it 8)

I said this before...I'm saying it again...
It is far easier to judge how a fight is going from the bleachers....RATHER than being in the ring yourself...

chrishallett83

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2009, 11:28:22 PM »
blah blah rhetoric blah blah

So no actual rebuttals to anything I wrote?

Okay then. Discussion over.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2009, 11:32:23 PM »
And I rest my case with you.

You cannot come up with a thing thats worth a rebuttal so no there is nothing to say to a person who refuses to see the truth.

Even in this above you HAVE to put words in my mouth cause you know nothing you said is worth a dam.

So you try to change the subject. Sad really. But I did not expect anything more to be honest.

chrishallett83

« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2009, 11:39:06 PM »
And I rest my case with you.

You cannot come up with a thing thats worth a rebuttal Entirely your opinion. just because an opinion differs from yours, does not make it worthless or untrue. I learned that as a child. so no there is nothing to say to a person who refuses to see the truth. What truth? All you have stated is opinions. Your opinion may be right for you, but that does not make it a truth.

Even in this above you HAVE to put words in my mouth cite please. cause you know nothing you said is worth a dam. Once again, entirely your opinion. Not necessarily true.

So you try to change the subject. cite please. Sad really. Is it also sad when you do it? Or do you have double standards? But I did not expect anything more to be honest. More than what?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal