Author Topic: If true this aint good. Time to step up. Gun control starting. True??  (Read 18819 times)

Offline Boostinjdm

Re: If true this aint good. Time to step up. Gun control starting. True??
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2009, 12:33:41 PM »
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2009, 12:47:32 PM »
None are so blind as those that cannot see. :)  But I'll give it one more try.  ::) Arms in the context of when the 2nd amendment was written included firearms. Do you argue that? That is what it says no more ,no less. YOU are the one that wants to read extra into it.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2009, 09:48:06 PM »
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

chrishallett83

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »
So you blokes are arguing my point with what you comprehend the intention of the law to be?

Good luck having that one hold up in a court of law. It's called the letter of the law for a reason.

And arguing you on your point, the "well regulated militia" i.e. the three branches of the U.S. military, which are staffed entirely by U.S. citizens (i.e. "the people"), have all the 'arms' they need.

BTW, haven't had a smoke in years...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2009, 10:03:15 PM »
 ::)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »
Chris I love your Avatar (Big Bender fan here. I even have stickers of him going on MY tube bender stand when done)

And while there are those who WISH we all thought like you.

Thank GOD there are rational people who do not.

If we all did once this country was taken over Austraila would not be far down the list.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »
So you blokes are arguing my point with what you comprehend the intention of the law to be?

And arguing you on your point, the "well regulated militia" i.e. the three branches of the U.S. military, which are staffed entirely by U.S. citizens (i.e. "the people"), have all the 'arms' they need.

Who says YOUR comprehension is worth a salt lick more than ours? Your likely not even a US citizen (I guess you could be and just living over there). We will all agre e that the BS lawyers and others have twisted things around to "the letter of the law" to suit there own needs.

The problem? IF they totally disarm us they need another barrier to protect themselves. As technology evolves they may one day have such a barrier. Till then they need us. When that day arrives you and us are all in for a "terrible horrible very bad day"

As for a well regulated militia its NOT a govermment branch of the military that stands for. 

chuckorlando

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2009, 05:24:09 AM »
You guy's are splitting hairs over words. From someone who has dealt with the courts many times, the letter of the law is just words. Just like blind justice. It comes down to interpataion. Our florida law states that if you are a felon and commet a crime with a gun you get 10yrs, fire the gun you get 20yrs, shoot someone you get life. Then you go to court and plea bargin.

The key is "nessary". You can defend with a spork against even mexico. Fire arms are nessary for a level defence. Any lawer right out of school could make that argument. You would have to be an idiot to think a spork would be considered a good weapon for our defence.

Further more the NRA and public openion are way to strong to have any guns taken. At least if they value their political carrier

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2009, 08:40:44 AM »
Your right Chuck.  I am supprised that they didn't go right after the gun issue with control of the white house and congress, but it seems that they have learned that enough people conservative and liberal appreciate the rights afforded by the 2nd amendment, not to broach the subject.

chuckorlando

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »
Thats not to say that openion and political climate wont change. But for now I think were all safe. Besides, I would bet the farm that the day they try to our guns, they have a cival war. Alot of melitia with alot of guns, and they aint given them up. Let alone the gangs and rednecks. They've been trying to get the guns out of the gang members hands for years. How's that working out.... Go to Chicago, they kill cops for no reason.

chrishallett83

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2009, 11:25:12 PM »
Your (You're) likely not even a US citizen.

No, I'm not. I was born here in Australia, and I'll die here. There are dozens of places I'd love to visit, maybe even stay for a few years, but Australia is my home.

The problem? IF they totally disarm us they need another barrier to protect themselves. As technology evolves they may one day have such a barrier. Till then they need us. When that day arrives you and us are all in for a "terrible horrible very bad day"

If who totally disarms who? Note, I have never said no-one should be allowed to own a firearm.
Who will need "another barrier" to protect themselves? And from what? When what day arrives? Are you purposely being vague here? Your writing reads like the thoughts of someone who has been brainwashed by scaremongering propaganda.

I myself would love a nice Beretta 12 gauge over and under (Giubileo) to do a bit of skeet shooting with. As costs are prohibitive in Australia, I'll just make do for now with all my other hobbies and interests.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2009, 11:48:48 PM »
Who will need "another barrier" to protect themselves? And from what? When what day arrives? Are you purposely being vague here? Your writing reads like the thoughts of someone who has been brainwashed by scaremongering propaganda.

I HOPE your kidding about this above.

Have you read ANY of the history of man? Do you know what happens when people cannot defend themselves?

Purposely vague? Not at all. I see the world for what it is. If you do not think all the guns the people of America own are a deterrent to anyone then you are truley blind.

Brainwashed I am not. Prepared is what I am. 

You on the other hand will be called far different things by those who may one day run over you. None of them nice.

You can hope it never happens but if it does. What ARE you gonna do?

SPEC

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
It's kinda funny..That this comes up at this time...I just got the paperwork ;D
I'm OFF PROBATION for the assault with intent to kill wrap
Too bad I can't afford to buy my babies back :'(
I'll be the 1st to say that I have felt naked with just the 12 GA.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2009, 12:25:17 PM »
It's kinda funny..That this comes up at this time...I just got the paperwork ;D
I'm OFF PROBATION for the assault with intent to kill wrap
Too bad I can't afford to buy my babies back :'(
I'll be the 1st to say that I have felt naked with just the 12 GA.

Go to the Governor and ask for amnesty. Then you can buy them back.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SPEC

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »
 ;D
I don't have the money :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal