Author Topic: If true this aint good. Time to step up. Gun control starting. True??  (Read 18820 times)

BLUERACER

Re: If true this aint good. Time to step up. Gun control starting. True??
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 02:28:36 PM »
Thanks for the info!!!!!!

chuckorlando

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 03:50:34 PM »
I glade I'm not the only one to see that stuff. Never fear though Obama will turn your kids in to Nazi's on Tuesday ;D
Did any body read the snopes page???? 

It states that the part about listing guns on your taxes is BS.

It also states that there is virtually no chance this bill will even be voted on becuase it has no co-sponsors. 

As it is currently misrepresented, it is obvioulsy over reaching and burdensome to the 80+ million law abiding gun owners.  Trust me, with more guns than digits, I am concerned about someone coming to my house any time to verify the safe storage of my friearms, but if you read the snopes page, or better yet the bill, you would see that "the right of inspection to ascertain  compliance with the law would apply to any place in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured or stored for distribution in commerce, NOT to ordinary households."

And the bill doesn't require lisence applicants to submit to a physical and mental evaluation at any time of their choosing.

I was given my first shotgun @ 6 years old.  Single shot 20 gauge.  I got a .22 for my 10th b-day.  My collection has only grown since then.  I appreciate the right to own guns and use them responsibly.  I also appreciate the right to possess knowledge, and use it responsibly.  The way this email misrepresents reality is a little troubling to me, but it does accomplish the author's goal of getting people rallied to his cause.  It works just like he knew it would, because no one checks this shit out.  We hear someting and fly off the handle because we are emotional beings.  A little part of us wants it to be true so that we can defend what we believe in.

chrishallett83

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 04:49:04 PM »
As it is currently misrepresented, it is obvioulsy over reaching and burdensome to the 80+ million law abiding gun owners.  Trust me, with more guns than digits, I am concerned about someone coming to my house any time to verify the safe storage of my friearms, but if you read the snopes page, or better yet the bill, you would see that "the right of inspection to ascertain  compliance with the law would apply to any place in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured or stored for distribution in commerce, NOT to ordinary households."

This is an excellent idea. Force all the gun shops and Walmarts and firearms maufacturers to keep thier shit locked up tight, means less weapons will be making it into the hands of criminals via theft and the black market.

And the bill doesn't require lisence applicants to submit to a physical and mental evaluation at any time of their choosing.

I believe a person should have to hold a license for each firearm in their collection that proves they have been properly trained in correct usage and maintenance of that weapon. Before you are allowed to buy a firearm you should have to pass a mental fitness test. Physical fitness would be good too, you don't want children running around with rifles chambered in .700 NX... (an 84 year old granny with rheumatoid arthritis and a Deagle is only going to fook something up!)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 11:22:09 PM »

I believe a person should have to hold a license for each firearm in their collection that proves they have been properly trained in correct usage and maintenance of that weapon. Before you are allowed to buy a firearm you should have to pass a mental fitness test. Physical fitness would be good too, you don't want children running around with rifles chambered in .700 NX... (an 84 year old granny with rheumatoid arthritis and a Deagle is only going to fook something up!)

I guess you wouldn't like the 2nd ammendment to our constitution then.  ;D  I guess fortunately it doesn't apply to you there.

I tire of the misrepresentations from both the left and the right.  This E-mail is a good example of overblowing what is truly happening.  Some people think that you have to sensationalize something to get people to listen.  In the end i think people don't listen because it is so over the top.  I can't stomach Sean Hannity any more because I have seen him do it time and again.  Talking points and hype endlessly.  Why can't they just tell the truth?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 06:35:49 AM »
Hannity is no different than Rush was after Clinton. THey just become party attack dogs and lose all credibility. Yes Hannity has become nothing but a broken record of endless BS and over hype. Yep ,hard to take anything he says seriously now.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

chrishallett83

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 08:10:30 PM »
Hannity? Sean Hannity, Hannity and Colmes?

I tell you what, you guys switch off the whole Faux News channel and leave it off, and you'll be much better informed...

And Engineer:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Where in there does it say you have the right to own a firearm?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »

I tell you what, you guys switch off the whole Faux News channel and leave it off, and you'll be much better informed...

And Engineer:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Gee,I don't have a clue.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 11:53:12 AM »

And Engineer:

Pray tell us who we can listen to. The liberal media? The conservative media? Our legislators/ OUR PRESIDENTS? Tell you what I feel we need to do. Listen to our consciences.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

chrishallett83

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
Gee,I don't have a clue.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms Master. It doesn't say firearms anywhere, does it?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 09:27:16 PM »
You are kidding aren't you?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

chrishallett83

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »
Pray tell us who we can listen to. The liberal media? The conservative media? Our legislators/ OUR PRESIDENTS? Tell you what I feel we need to do. Listen to our consciences.

All right, I'll rephrase that a bit better:

In my opinion, anything you see or hear on the Fox News channel is about as reliable as having your palm read.

And yeah, you're right. A lot of us could do with less listening to pundits, and more listening to our common sense...

chrishallett83

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 09:31:55 PM »

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 09:35:06 PM »

And Engineer:

If you don't see it I don't think I can help.  :-\

chrishallett83

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 09:37:17 PM »
"bear arms" is NOT "bear firearms", gentlemen.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 09:39:43 PM »
I repeat.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal