Author Topic: If true this aint good. Time to step up. Gun control starting. True??  (Read 18823 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
This was sent to me by a friend who is a VERY avid hunter. 

Thought this would be of interest to you... especially since you either own guns or know folks that do.  It came to me from a very reliable source. 

2009 1040 Federal Tax  Form - List all guns that you have or  own.
 http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp
????????????????????????????????????????TRUE
 Concerning  the Blair-Holt proposed  legislation.
 ??
 Senate  Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009  1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or  own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of  $50 per gun.
 This  bill was introduced on Feb. 24. This bill will  become public knowledge 30 days after it is  voted into law. This is an amendment to the  Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that  the Finance Committee can pass this without the  Senate voting on it at  all.
 The  full text of the proposed amendment is on the  U.S. Senate homepage,http://www.senate.gov/ You can  find the bill by doing a search by the bill  number, SB-2099.
 You  know who to call; I strongly suggest you do.  Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun  owner you know.   
 http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text
 http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:1:./temp/~bdbzvw:@@@J|/bss/111search.html <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:1:./temp/%7Ebdbzvw:@@@J%7C/bss/111search.html> |
 Congress  is now starting on the firearms confiscation  bill. If it passes, gun owners will become  criminals if you don't fully  comply.

H.R.45 :  To provide for the implementation of a system of  licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and  for a record of sale system for those firearms,  and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep  Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1] (introduced  1/6/2009)????? Cosponsors (None)
Committees: House  Judiciary
Latest  Major Action: 2/9/2009  Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred  to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and  Homeland Security.
 It  has started.
 Very  Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR  45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair  Holt Firearm? Licensing  & Record of Sale Act of  2009.
 Even  gun shop owners didn't know about this because  the government?is  trying to fly it under the  radar.
 To  find out about this - go to any government  website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair  Holt Firearm Licensing & Record? of  Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the  information.
 Basically  this would make=2 0it illegal to own a firearm -  any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol  unless:
 -It  is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply  a current Driver's License -You supply  yourSocial Security # -You will submit to a  physical & mental evaluation at any  time? of  their choosing -Each update - change or  ownership through private or public? sale  must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do  so you? automatically  lose the right to own a firearm and are subject  up to a year in jail. -There is a child  provision clause on page 16 section  305? stating  a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and  inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would  have the right to come in and i nspect that you  are storing your gun safely away from  accessibility to children? and  fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in  prison.
 If  you think this is a joke - go to the website and  take your pick of ma ny options to read this. It  is long and lengthy.? But,  more and more people are becoming aware of this.  Pass the word along.? Any  hunters in your family pass this  along.
 This  is just a "termite" approach to complete  confiscation of guns and disarming of our  society to the point we have no? defense  - chip aw ay a little here and there until the  goal is accomplished? before  anyone realizes it.
 This  is one to act on whether you own a gun or  not.
 If  you take my gun, only the criminal will have one  to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less  safe.
 <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:
 <http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show
 <http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45
 Please..  copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the  USA, whether  you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for  gun control
 ?
  ?

Don R. Hall
dhall_1932_@suddenlink.net

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:42:14 PM by Nutz4sand »
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

chuckorlando

Re: If true this aint good. Time to step up. Gun control starting. True??
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 03:50:19 AM »
Yea and they were gonna just take our guns then our bullets. I think it's just more crap that dont mean crap. After the gun manufactures made all that money off of gun and bullet sales now no ones worried about it. America will not loose their guns period

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 06:11:21 AM »
Wanna bet on that?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 06:46:41 AM »
Yea and they were gonna just take our guns then our bullets. I think it's just more crap that dont mean crap. After the gun manufactures made all that money off of gun and bullet sales now no ones worried about it. America will not loose their guns period

Never say never.  Bill HR 45 is real.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 06:49:19 AM »
That's the way it all started here in OZ! Cept there was F all we could do about it!! ::)
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 07:03:07 AM »
So you're always honest on your taxes?

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 08:13:52 AM »
Even if you lie on your taxes this bill (andthe one likely to follow it) allow them to come to anyones house and search for guns. You cannot hide them from the devices they have and lying about it means they take away all your gun rights (Read it, I aint joking.)

Even if you think your clever remember they have devices that can look inside metal storage containers and see just whats in them.

You would be hard pressed to hide a gun and a gun well enough hidden would not be able to be gotton when you REALLY need a gun (quickly)

The crazy part is the Finance Committe part. They can aprove this without the Senate??????????? How the eff was this ever allowed??

Wheres our representation here?
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 08:41:51 AM »
Believe me I am 100% on your side in this.  Don't take the statement of not declaring them as being unconcerned.  I live in California and I'm a Quail hunter so imagine how sick of flipping gun laws I am.................

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 08:50:24 AM »
The ONLY reason for gun laws is to disarm the people to protect the GOVERNMENT.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 09:08:37 AM »
The ONLY reason for gun laws is to disarm the people to protect the GOVERNMENT.

This is a true statement. It has been tried before.   

I was called by the NRA two nights ago and and listened to a recording of a senator about one law that the G ment is trying to sneak Thu.  Wish I could find it on the webb to post here but it has been taken off already.  Scary shi**. I made my donation right then and there.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 10:45:30 AM »
Did any body read the snopes page???? 

It states that the part about listing guns on your taxes is BS.

It also states that there is virtually no chance this bill will even be voted on becuase it has no co-sponsors. 

As it is currently misrepresented, it is obvioulsy over reaching and burdensome to the 80+ million law abiding gun owners.  Trust me, with more guns than digits, I am concerned about someone coming to my house any time to verify the safe storage of my friearms, but if you read the snopes page, or better yet the bill, you would see that "the right of inspection to ascertain  compliance with the law would apply to any place in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured or stored for distribution in commerce, NOT to ordinary households."

And the bill doesn't require lisence applicants to submit to a physical and mental evaluation at any time of their choosing.

I was given my first shotgun @ 6 years old.  Single shot 20 gauge.  I got a .22 for my 10th b-day.  My collection has only grown since then.  I appreciate the right to own guns and use them responsibly.  I also appreciate the right to possess knowledge, and use it responsibly.  The way this email misrepresents reality is a little troubling to me, but it does accomplish the author's goal of getting people rallied to his cause.  It works just like he knew it would, because no one checks this shit out.  We hear someting and fly off the handle because we are emotional beings.  A little part of us wants it to be true so that we can defend what we believe in.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 11:28:21 AM by T8erhead »

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 11:08:04 AM »
I just finished reading the entire bill.  There is some effed up stuff in there, but this email is overhyping it.  I suggest before commenting on what is or isn't in the bill, you read it. 

Then we can talk about the parts we don't like.  Instead of the parts that aren't in it.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 11:09:34 AM »
FWIW,I'm a strong supporter of gun rights. To give a 6 year old a shotgun tho is senseless.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
IMO only that is.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 11:25:26 AM »
I didn't shoot it 'til I was 8.  I maybe shot it 5 times before I was 10.   It stayed in a safe out of my reach, but it was mine. ;D 

By the time I was in Boy scouts I had no trouble with any of the shooting merit badges.  The whole troop got their shotgun shooting badges at my house, in the pasture.  After 750-800 rounds, the sheriff showed up, talked to my dad, then unlocked his 12 gauge from the dash of his cruiser, and shot a few clay pidgeons with us. 

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 11:27:02 AM by T8erhead »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal