Author Topic: Smart Car or Death Trap?  (Read 16533 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Smart Car or Death Trap?
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2009, 07:49:10 AM »
Definite dead vs perhaps survived . I'll take possible surviving any day. I'm pretty sure my 4 door dually would have saved my ass tho.
LMAO This is what I said. Prove differently and I'll  (ks) . All this discussion and no way to prove anything. I can't prove it and you guys damn sure have no proof of any kind at all . Tunnel vision perhaps tho. You take a few tidbits that ,you feel,suit your case and ignore all else. My premise that i would be more likely to survive in my dually than in a small car in an accident as shown is based on real world evidence and common sense.
  Simple question,simple answer. If given a choice ,in an accident as shown,would you rather take your chances   in a small car as shown or in a much larger vehicle?  I know what I'd rather be in and if you are honest in your answer I know what your choice would be also.  LMAO   
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trojan

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2009, 07:58:32 AM »
You old wind bag... you haven't proved a thing... insisting you're right is very different from being right ;D

Address the momentum issue?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2009, 08:15:17 AM »
I'm not going into it any further. You cannot definitively prove a thing and neither can I. I think it's a pretty simple thing to understand what I said without morphing it into something else though. NOwhere did I say I'd survive. I said ,and I quote:"I'll take possible surviving any day." You guys have a bit o reading comprehension issues?  ??? ;) or was it just the most recent opportunity to argue?  No where did I say I'd definitely survive. I do believe this to be true though but ,and as you can plainly see, if you take off your blinders, I said "I'll take possible surviving any day." Where is this an arguable point?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2009, 08:16:57 AM »
Headed to shop-argue away boys. LMAO
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

trojan

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2009, 10:02:16 AM »
Definite dead vs perhaps survived . I'll take possible surviving any day. I'm pretty sure my 4 door dually would have saved my ass tho.

try and weasel out of it any way you like, every time you squirm I get an extra kick out of it, so weasel away ;D

there is at least an order of magnitude between what you're saying and what's likely to have happened.
And all you've done to support that is insist.

So the momentum issue doesn't matter? I'm not going to believe that until you insist it's not so :P

SPEC

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »
Hey
I know how to fix this...A couple of guys get a couple of dump truck to "test drive"
And One 1 ton dually crewcab...
We can mash it video tape it...
Then be spies who really fook shit up like the movie XXX LMAO

trojan

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2009, 10:31:21 AM »
C'mon Spec, you're a trained Engineer, can you add or refute anything on the issue of momentum?
How fast do you estimate the dumpy could go and still survive in a dually?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2009, 10:59:10 AM »
Weasel my ass trojan. Of course momentum is a factor. Show me where I said differently.
  Talk about bait BTW. You know as well as anyone that"How fast do you estimate the dumpy could go and still survive in a dually?" is not what an answerable question and has nothing to do with what I stated that started this . Quote"Definite dead vs perhaps survived . I'll take possible surviving any day. I'm pretty sure my 4 door dually would have saved my ass tho. "
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2009, 11:00:55 AM »
You old wind bag... you haven't proved a thing... insisting you're right is very different from being right ;D

Address the momentum issue?
You need to address the time/distance factor in this as did the vid of the smart car crash .
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SPEC

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2009, 12:03:19 PM »

Trojan

The whole discussion here...While it has some really good points Is way off track...
Were guessing that the front truck was stopped, and the second truck slammed into the car from behind...
I'm no highway patrol accident recreation expert by no means
Who's to say that the front truck didn't back over the car?
As pointed out earlier the loads seem to be intact...
You and Fabr  should look at your posts and switch the user names around :P ;D
From the photo
Do I think a 1 ton crew cab could of survived...I dunno what happened the instant before the crash...But I do think that a fullsized pickup truck would have faired better than that poor little car did...Just because of a greater distance of crumpling zones to absorb the impact and to slow down the striking truck before the vehicle runs out of space...That's assuming the the 2nd truck struck the car from behind ::)
Would the driver in a pick up survive or walk away...I'd like to say yes...but in reality that could go either way... Look at the one dude got under the dash...altho there IMO isn't enough left of the car in question to likely have helped...But it really depends on the driver's  reaction time, knowing what to do in a crash...and just plain DUMB LUCK
All engineering and bullshitting aside...

So in all honesty none of us can know what would have held up in a crash like that and if we'd be a fatality in this case...There are too many unknown variables

trojan

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »
that's me, I'm convinced....

SPEC

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2009, 01:51:26 PM »
 ;D

magnum4598

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »
I am a collision repair tech i am frame certified and have worked on most every vehicle going including ferarri
a f350 dualy has a very strong framr that will  wadd up to a point i would put my thirty years of experiance on the line and say the dump truck might make it to the cab but no futher you chances of surving go up expanetaly  here master i have to take your side in this i think you could survive that hit in a hevy truck like a ford f350 there is alot of metal there i think the cab would even buckle it would be a total loss on the trucks part but you would stand a 80% survival in a truck or a volvo station wangon those are super strong lol

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »
What's funny and just plain ridiculous at the same time is that this discussion came from this statement-"Definite dead vs perhaps survived . I'll take possible surviving any day. I'm pretty sure my 4 door dually would have saved my ass tho. "  LMAO NOWHERE did I suggest that it would have definitely done a thing. It's been fun guys. What can we argue about now? ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

chrishallett83

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »
I dunno about you Masterfabr, but I'd rather be completely crushed to death than survive to a life of quadriplegia, brain damage and constant pain.

And I still believe that the circumstances which brought about the death of the car in the first pic would also have crushed a pick-up truck to pretty much the same condition.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal