Author Topic: When is enough ENOUGH with those doing this with our money. Cash 4 clunnkers  (Read 10212 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Ahhhhh,I see. OK then.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

SPEC

;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Remember that the "hill" would need to be what? approximately 100' tall to get decent water pressure for home use and much higher and of much greater quantity to generate electricity even for single home use.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
 ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
I do not think you would really need 100 feet for the water idea.

Other than say watering a lawn what mgiht you need pressure for?

If you take a cooler with a water drain spout and set it on the picnic table and push the button or open the valve you get enough flow to fill a glass pretty quick.

For a sink of dishes this would be fine. Instead of a shower head thats sprays at you (Yah I know some like this) you get one of those shower heads that rains it down "just like heavy rain".

Somethings may be "different" than we are USED too. (Instant pressure of water) But at a large power savings it might be the way of the future.

Even IF you wanted higher pressure water when the wind was blowing good or the sun strong a large tank of water could be pressurized when power was abundant.

There is also a thing I am trying to work on with a person on lighting a house for cheap or wind or solar (Depesning on which you have the best of (or both). for near nothing with long lie bulbs (not mercury filled flourecsents))

Fridges will always take a little more power but RV fridges can be propane or 12 or 120 volt. Why not a larger fridge?

Like anything even the batteries are still $$$ due to mostly greed. Not an easy way around greed. 

You will always need a big battery for a car (thats not gas driven) 
But many common things in a house could be changed to function quite "normally" of smaller stored charges.

Agian study Nikola Tesla's work a good bit. (I know many of you have to some degree) he solved all the issues with this I believe. More so in the fact that many of his ideas are looked down by the G-ment cause they wish to keep that control of energy as much as they can. Not all his work was weapons.   

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SPEC

The Tesla tower...Fooken Edison the theiving prick...
Ya Nutz your on the right track with the water...I lived off the grid for 3 years up in gordon WI. I had a solr hot water heater on top of my camper...Basically a black 15 gallon air compressor tank with a hose and a vent valve...That Fooker would SCALD YOU TO DEATH... so I added a cold water line off the campers storage tank...Best of all I had free hot shower ;D when I came home from the woods and sawmillall I had was a 18 watt solar collector and the 12 volt pump...with just me It provided all the power I needed with 3 deep cycles in a series...Altho...cloudy days I had the gennie- but the gennie ran while I was working on the log home so I really never had to worry about being short on power...If the gennie was running it was charging the battery packs while running the other equipment

One more thing that we haven't touched on is I also used Passive solar to heat the house at night...pex in the floor to a couple of 75 gallon tanks...sun goes down...shut the valve and circulate thru the floor...a pump would have been nice but natural convection of hot and cold water did work...I did add a pump later tho...

SPEC

We're way off topic here ;D
How about an alternative energy thread?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
What's your hold up ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SPEC

Shot day :'(
but it's up...You slave driver :o ;D
HE HE HE HE HE HE HE
You know I have a double batch of fresh dill soaking in sauce? :t

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
If you want to do that thats would not be a bad idea at all.

But I will say heres why I am not thinking its to far off topic.

The local junk yards around here all have a flyer.

It toutes how in many countires its considered normal to take a nearly perfectly good engine and waste all the energy to tear melt it down and remelt it into a new motor VS simply machining it out for a rebuild.

The differance in energy to rebore a motor and reuse it VS remetlign it is immense.

Now some motors were never worth a dam. Blame the engineers (No not  YOU Engineer!) for poor designs but many amazing motors are gonna be sacrificed so some fool can try to get $3500 to $4500 in "savings" of a marked up car. 

(Here is food for thought) WHY is nearly every car dealership owner (of any size) a millionaire??? What justifies this markup? BS!!!!!) 

The cost savings will quikly be lost as the still good cars are forced to be recycled before thier time.

All those parts could be resold seperate. Junkyards are loosing MILLIONS on this that they would be paying taxes on too. The ones around here are pissed.

This is loose loose loose.

Any savings threw this bogus program WILL be paid for by taxpayers. Likely far more than the savings. Its a bandaid at best and a poor one.

That said a whole new topic talking about alternative energy and ideas  would be a great thread! 

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Shot day :'(
but it's up...You slave driver :o ;D
HE HE HE HE HE HE HE
You know I have a double batch of fresh dill soaking in sauce? :t
yummy!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
Also worth mentioning why my above post is not always the case and many cars are near throwaways anymore.

At the Chrysler Foundry I worked at for seven plus years in Indianapolis they went from engines of old (We were still making 318's when I started there) to the newer motors.

To save weight on the cars (and amount of iron used) they would literally try to make thin wall castings. With then newer molding and core making technology they could get the metal quite thin and WHEN all was well (it was not often...) The castings could be made to close tolerances.

Heres the problem. Sometimes the bores were were so thin due to a shifted core that the machine plant would have motors that would fail pressure tests and leak coolant from the cooling jacket to the pistons bores. We would get back semi truck loads of these all the time to remelt for another try at a good block. This happened a lot!       

The bores were just to thin. Now you take a motor with some miles on it and try to bore it out for a rebuild. Thin walls are even thinner.

The Chevy 4.3 v-6's were bad for this too.

Big Semi Diesels can have the block with easily replaceable sleeves. Why car makers do not do that is silly. Be better all around with a good solid engine design. Especially in the long run.   

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
to reply back on page two to nuts post.. 
i have an 87 fiero 4 cylinder with a 5 speed..  going down the highway at 85mph, i get an average of 35 to 40 mpg.....  20 years after it was made.. so wtf???  car weighs 3,000lbs... so wtf?
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
to reply back on page two to nuts post.. 
i have an 87 fiero 4 cylinder with a 5 speed..  going down the highway at 85mph, i get an average of 35 to 40 mpg.....  20 years after it was made.. so wtf???  car weighs 3,000lbs... so wtf?

If you go back an reread you will see I was talking about my friends car i was using and how impressed I was with its 45 miles to the gallon at 80 mph. It had pep too. It was not a dog at all.

What I am surprised and disgusted with is the size of the "smart car" and its measely 33 miles to the gallon. With todays tech and know how the smart car should be kissing 50 mpg.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
We also ourselves later owned a late 80's Olds four door sedan with the same 4 cylinder motor as the Fiero but it had an 4 speed auto tranny. Due to its heavier weight and the auto it "only" got 32 to 35 mpg. It would still cruise 75 to 80 with ease and was not a drag racer but could get out of its own way.

Again I would rather have this Olds car back than a smart car with the same mileage. Seats four with a nice trunk and more in between me and another person in an accident. It rode nice too. For what it was.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal