Author Topic: Guidelines  (Read 5967 times)

trojan

Re: Guidelines
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »
The War on Freedom :-*

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 08:33:01 PM »
I strongly dislike war on any scale. If there is a genuine reason to intervene in a situation (East Timor, Tibet) then I am all for using a military force as a peace-keeping force. But actual warfare (Iraq, Afghanistan)?

No sir, I don't like it.

Was there any real reason to invade Iraq? Either time? No. And definitely not the scare-mongering bullshit that the US government came up with.

Same with Afghanistan. No real reason to invade. Have the military offensives in either case really acheived anything?

The standard of living for your average civilian in Iraq and Afghanistan are just the same as they were before, if not worse.
Has the Taliban been eradicated? No.
Has Al-Qaeda been eradicated? No.

What mission, exactly, did George Bush the second actually accomplish?
So we agree except for Afghanistan.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 09:17:08 PM »
What mission, exactly, did George Bush the second actually accomplish?
Nearest I can figure it was more Cheneys thing but they DID increase there bank rolls more in that time than all of us combined will see in our lifetimes... Squared.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

artie on edge

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 09:25:48 PM »
You knwo what I like? Even when we agree..... we still argue.... its like being married..... ii:

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »
I admit that I am biased once I have seen the facts.  Everyone is, but do you keep looking?

Was there any real reason to invade Iraq? Either time? No. And definitely not the scare-mongering bullshit that the US government came up with.

Well the first time there was full UN world support because Saddam invaded Kuwait.  So you suggest that we should intervene in East Timor, while denouncing the first gulf war.  You are intellectually dishonest.

The War on Freedom :-*

Whose freedom?  The Kurds living under Saddam and any women in Afghanistan?  Once again left wing drivel.

artie on edge

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 09:33:09 PM »
I admit that I am biased once I have seen the facts.  Everyone is, but do you keep looking?

Well the first time there was full UN world support because Saddam invaded Kuwait.  So you suggest that we should intervene in East Timor, while denouncing the first gulf war.  You are intellectually dishonest.

Whose freedom?  The Kurds living under Saddam and any women in Afghanistan?  Once again left wing drivel.

Actually hes talking about us (Aus) with regards to East Timor... thats one where we interferred (if thats the right word) on our own... but we didnt go in with guns balzing. We stepped in and stopped the ongoing massacres without resorting to (much) violence.....

Or so my Gov has led me to believe.... (there a crumb for you all  ;D)

SPEC

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 09:42:21 PM »
You knwo what I like? Even when we agree..... we still argue.... its like being married..... ii:

i wanna be on top ;D
Sick bastad ;D

Scooter

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »
AMEN to Fastcorvairs' post!  I raise my frosty mug of beer to you! 

trojan

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 12:00:14 AM »

Yours!... ya right wing fascist! ;D

chrishallett83

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2009, 05:17:15 AM »

That highlighted part right there - there was your biggest mistake! No rational person could ever accuse me of being an intellectual, in any way, shape or means...

And yes, the first gulf war was just as much of a mistake as the second. Support for the Kuwaitis from afar (arms, training, logistics) yes, direct military involvement, no. The UN learned from their mistakes the first time, but the U.S. unfortunately kept on keeping on.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2009, 06:20:14 AM »
For the time being I'm locking all politically orientated topics in the forum. There is a LOT of good to be had from good dialogue and debates but, as with nations,we need to take a time out to let the testosterone and national pride settle and give time to reflect on all the good points brought up by all parties. Our nations need to and IMO so do we at this time. FWIW I ,as I'm sure others, have been shown things I did not know. Things to ponder. The unfortunate thing about continuing on with out a break is that pride,ego,nationalism,whatever you wish to call it brings about fighting and hurt feelings. Therefore I am locking the politically orientated topics and will at some time in the future allow the topics again as I feel it is a very good thing to have these discussions so we can all learn more and ultimately have a happier world. It just takes an intermission to cool things off a bit and then get back to friendly discussion. NOW ,back to buggies! 8) ;D ;D   fabr
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal