Author Topic: You want change? part two  (Read 21806 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: You want change? part two
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »
I dunno,answer the question.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline cleppla

• Fabricator
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 09:41:17 PM »
I'd rather discuss the past versus predicting the future.

I am sure you have heard the saying. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

We also have a political party who is actively trying to re-write history.

Who really gives a fook about who or what was done in the past.  I get really tired of the "it's the last guys fault" BS. Who really cares and what can be done about it. NOTHING!!!! That's what.  THE FUTURE is the only thing we can have any control over and IMO BHO is going to ,in the next year or so, be found out to be on track to be one of the worst failures as president we have had in modern times. The damage of his policies will haunt us for many generations to come.  Blame Bush/Clinton/Reagan etc.. all you want but spending one second discussing what they did wrong is just wasted time and detracts from any intelligent discussion for our futures.

artie on edge

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 10:29:29 PM »
You know what? At least he hasn't started a war with anyone yet. He's not responsible for the deaths of thousands of Western soldiers and over one hundred thousand Iraqi civilians. I'll take a bit of sight-seeing in London over an unjust war any day.

I mean, he IS an american president (POTUS) ....  ;D

trojan

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
Who really gives a fook about who or what was done in the past.  I get really tired of the "it's the last guys fault" BS. Who really cares and what can be done about it. NOTHING!!!! That's what.  THE FUTURE is the only thing we can have any control over and IMO BHO is going to ,in the next year or so, be found out to be on track to be one of the worst failures as president we have had in modern times. The damage of his policies will haunt us for many generations to come.  Blame Bush/Clinton/Reagan etc.. all you want but spending one second discussing what they did wrong is just wasted time and detracts from any intelligent discussion for our futures.

BHO? I see this meme among you right wingers, yet even everyone else gets a name.
Is it an attempt to parallel with 'Dubya'? Dubya got his name from BEING thicker than shit...

Fark! That's going to be BAD for America: Two "Worst President Ever" in a row....
He's spent the money, now all he has to do is:
kill over a millions innocents,
Destroy your long established allies respect for you (I know you don't care - see what a good job someone did of that),
Start a couple of dubious wars...
Nullify large chunks of the Constitution,
Ohhh AND... Commit the most heinous act of domestic terrorism to date

You pontificate about respect when it's your champion waving his ignorance around like it's an asset....

Here's a tip: to the rest of us, doing underhanded things like calling him BHO or Muslim or Terrorist does more to undermine yourselves than it severs your purpose. Everytime you do it, it brings shame on everything you profess to hold dearly.... Add to that a torrent of always dubious information always leaning towards hate.... You get perhaps the sourest grapes known to man ::)

If you actually want to do the right thing by your country, you know - like you say you do, at tax time PAY EXTRA without being forced to. Your country needs you!

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 11:02:21 PM »
Ohhh AND... Commit the most heinous act of domestic terrorism to date

So you believe 9/11 was an inside job by Bush?

wow

... Add to that a torrent of always dubious information always leaning towards hate.... You get perhaps the sourest grapes known to man ::)

And in the same post you define what such a proclamation does to your own credibility.

trojan

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 11:34:10 PM »
OK. I appreciate you as a significantly intelligent person, explain how of all things, and there are many, building seven came down... you know at free fall?

Or is it still "Unamerican" to discuss such things?

trojan

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 11:46:43 PM »
It was actually a loaded statement (who me) it also meant bush made it "Unamerican" to even question his decisions let alone object. It could also refer to the many legal/human rights violations like legalising torture and removing the right to a fair trial.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 11:57:16 PM »
OK. I appreciate you as a significantly intelligent person, explain how of all things, and there are many, building seven came down... you know at free fall?

Or is it still "Unamerican" to discuss such things?

Huh.... I thought all buildings fell perfectly straight down....... ::)

Actually it was rats that caused it. (Theres more to that being true than most know. Search on it and tell me why.) And I don't only mean the rats in charge. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 06:00:23 AM »
Trojan is the biggest conspiracy theory believer we have here.  Nothing wrong with remembering the past so we can LEARN from it but rehashing it just to say everything is Pres bushes fault is just folly. Ignoring the damage BHO is trying to do is also folly. fortunately BHO's reign is beginning to moderate .Have you seen his popularity numbers lately now that people are seeing the real vision BHO has for the US future?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Camel

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »
I don't know about you guys, I try to stay clear of conspiracy theories, but lately I've been looking very carefully at Mr Obama and I've noticed that he seems to be a bit ... coloured?  And what about that name!  It took me awhile, but I've just made the connection... it rhymes with Osama!

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 10:04:16 AM »
I don't know about you guys, I try to stay clear of conspiracy theories, but lately I've been looking very carefully at Mr Obama and I've noticed that he seems to be a bit ... coloured?  And what about that name!  It took me awhile, but I've just made the connection... it rhymes with Osama!

Your a racist to make those connections.  :police:  Trojan will punish you accordingly.  ;)

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »
So how far in the past are we allowed to discuss without it being considered "rehashing the past"?  1 year?  1 month? 1 minute?  That probably depends on just who's past it is we are discussing.  The crapola that started this discussion is in the past, but apparently not far enough.  Or maybe we have something to LEARN from it. ::)

I learned last night that no matter who people vote for, they like the sign I put on my tip jar when I sell beer for the Salt Lake Arts Council, 8 thursdays a year.  It says "Obama's not the only one looking for change!"  It works wonders but I have to admit I stole the idea from a hitchhiker\ panhandler. 

Offline jsbm

• VIP
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 01:47:57 PM »

How about his middle name, Hussein. Why does that sound so familiar. ::)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »
How about his middle name, Hussein. Why does that sound so familiar. ::)

Not so much defending Obama as the above quote made me think of all the guys I know named "Jack" I wonder how many are serial killers?  :D (i.e. Jack the Ripper)
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 05:13:49 PM »
 gg:

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal