Author Topic: 2010 Camaro on the lot! (PICS)  (Read 5094 times)

plkracer

Re: 2010 Camaro on the lot! (PICS)
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 12:47:53 PM »
Washington's gas tax.. 37.5 cents, 2nd highest, WTF!!

Anyways, I like the new Camaro, and I think smaller engines is where we are headed. They are getting the same amount of power out of that mill as a standard V8, so why not?

SPEC

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 01:09:12 PM »
I think that people are too much into instant gratifacation...I want what I want right now...
It takes time to re-tool plants to downsize cars does it not?
Man I miss the days when cubic inches rumbled down the road and shook the windows on your house...
I really like the looks of the new camaro and mustang with the late 60's style grill...
I don't think I'd ever buy one...Cuz I like to drive my old pick up...As long as I can keep getting parts for it I can keep living alittle of the nostalgia ;D
But the truck is earning it's keep at the same time...
I know I got off topc ::)

odypilots

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 01:27:05 PM »
Washington's gas tax.. 37.5 cents, 2nd highest, WTF!!

Anyways, I like the new Camaro, and I think smaller engines is where we are headed. They are getting the same amount of power out of that mill as a standard V8, so why not?

Torque!

Islander

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »
The V6 ran in the 14's with shitty weather in the last Hot Rod mag I picked up.  That will take quite a few of the stock muscle cars and pretty much anything from the 80's, again stock.  14's with a 6 in a 3800lb car is nothing to sneeze at.  That being said, I'd still go for the V8, because as far as I'm concerned, a Camaro isn't right with out a V8 rumble.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 03:17:01 PM »
The V6 ran in the 14's with shitty weather in the last Hot Rod mag I picked up.  That will take quite a few of the stock muscle cars and pretty much anything from the 80's, again stock.  14's with a 6 in a 3800lb car is nothing to sneeze at.  That being said, I'd still go for the V8, because as far as I'm concerned, a Camaro isn't right with out a V8 rumble.

Right on!  It's the principle that counts.  ;D  I bet the V-8's get 25 mpg or better anyway.  I have seen in the same platform where a V-6 gets better mileage than a 4 cylinder cause it has more torque and they can gear it up more.  I would bet that the V-8 camaros will get just as good of mileage as the V-6.  Especially because it's pushing a 3800 lb car.  Which brings up the next point.  How in the heck can that thing weigh 3800 lbs.  Only cause the govt mandated bumpers and side crash bars have the damm thing built like a tank.  On one hand they require more weight to pass the crash test, and on the other they bitch about the emmisions and mileage.  ::)

SPEC

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 03:29:53 PM »
Kind of a catch 22
Save money on ins. Spend money on gas, and safety devices
Less pollution, loose performance and costs money
feel safer...loss in performance to weight, loose milage to weight but hey, you feel safe :-\
I dunno, none of my cars/trucks have air bags...I feel safe...But then again...I'm a crazy asshole, who drives trash and likes it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal