Author Topic: Financial History  (Read 30026 times)

trojan

Re: Financial History
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2009, 11:06:20 AM »
That shows lack of understanding of how our country is supposed to work.

If you knew what I was talking about it would be easier. Just coz you don't understand it doesn't mean I don't.

trojan

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
To me respect is given, president or not. Disrespect is earned. Dubya earned his five times over.
I do subscribe to the opinion the office deserves respect, the man is not the office.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »
If you knew what I was talking about it would be easier. Just coz you don't understand it doesn't mean I don't.

I understood full well what you said. I quote trojan : " One thing I would add to the solution I posted above is to direct the courts to practice "the intent of the law" rather than "the letter of the law"."
 You clearly do not understand what our system is supposed to be when you state that the courts should rule according to the intent of the law and not the letter of the law. Part of our problems here is the blurring of the lines between the 3 branches of government. The legislators WRITE the laws and it is the courts place to carry out the letter of the law ,it is not to interpret the law to its' own liking.  I will admit that the incompetent legislators are failing in their jobs miserably by passing vague laws but that is no excuse for "legislation from the bench". Now trojan please tell me what you meant differently than what you said.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trojan

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
sheesh, if ALL courts ruled only on the intent of the law, then most of the frivolous law suits the US is famous for and the bullshit outcomes would go out the window. this in turn would help change the general attitudes of people which currently is they can sue for anything or get off via clever interpretation, not innocence. How may criminal trials ended in bullshit precisely because of some "technicality". Now I'm not suggesting it will remove the problem totally but it will reduce it to a minimum while maintaining all the intents of the judicial system.

It also means legislators have to really think about laws before they are passed.

It also helps to limit the power/effectiveness of high priced lawyers coz they can't twist the law to suit them.

trojan

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2009, 11:40:36 AM »
Sooo do we still think it the "sub-prime" mess that's the real problem (Gov't & the poor people) or was it the greed of the hedge funds (the rich people)?

my solution requires "real courage", the kind you only seem to find in movies these days ::)

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2009, 11:51:44 AM »
Lawyers can only twist laws when the law is not clearly conceived and written. Pretty damn simple my man. FIX THE PROBLEM ,don't blur the lines by saying the courts should determine intent.That equates to the courts becoming the legislative and judicial branch in one. That my man is unconstitutional if ever anything was. BUT with people of your mindset that don't truly understand the concept of the 3 branches and the importance of it we are doomed to being ----just like -------------------Oz.----------LOL!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trojan

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2009, 11:56:27 AM »
there ya go again... telling me what I think.... ::)

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
Sooo do we still think it the "sub-prime" mess that's the real problem (Gov't & the poor people) or was it the greed of the hedge funds (the rich people)?

my solution requires "real courage", the kind you only seem to find in movies these days ::)
No it was the stupid ass American that does not know that he will have to pay for what they get.THe answer to this problem is for the fools to fail and fail big time.That lesson will not soon be forgotten and solid responsible thinking will follow long into the future.This bail out shit of any kinf will guarantee a recurrence in the future.,All these shenanigans by all parties will not occur again since the majority of people would then know better at least for a few generations. I am a firm believer that many of the worlds governments wanted this shit to happen . It opened the door for the American people to welcome with open arms a new and profound change in our country. One of Big Brother controlling your destiny. Our country did not become the country it is by having the wrong principles.That abandonment evolved over time and due to the abandonment of those core values we are now suffering the consequences. We seem to have forgotten that our duty is to produce more product than the rest of the world of higher quality in less time.A return to that will restore our stature we once enjoyed.

We also need to stop IMMEDIATELY running around the world acting as the worlds police. We butt our noses into FAR too many places that it does not belong.Time for the rest of the world to step and take their proper places in that.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2009, 12:12:26 PM »
there ya go again... telling me what I think.... ::)
When you fail apparently to express what you think in your post and what you write is different from what you think would expect anything less from me? ;D ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

trojan

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »
for the record, our judicial systems are basically the same, except for the "letter" bit... that' doesn't make you daft, just what you said ;D :P

trojan

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »
Well well, I had no idea you were going to blame the poor people (and the illegals), that revelation came as a complete shock to me :P

IMO they way was lost in the late 80's when "Reaganomics" took off. At least that's when the housing market did it's skyrocket.

trojan

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2009, 12:43:02 PM »
Actually, the late 80's is where it went off the rails. Again, in my opinion, the way was lost just after WWII when consumerism was "bestowed" on the people. It didn't exist before that.

Budhist philosophy states, amongst other things, "Desire is the source of all suffering". If this is true, then consumerism and the insatiable desire it propagates is the source of the grief.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2009, 01:06:56 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but nearly all the laws nowdays (as in written in the last few decades (or more)) are wrote PURPOSEFULLEY to be able to be interpreted in the way the lawyers/judges see fit depending on if they think the person is innocent or guilty (in other words how rich they are) They are made to have MAJOR gray areas ON PURPOSE. It is no mistake or error or sloppiness. Its VERY specifically done.

Its so they can be interpreted to "fit the situation".   
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2009, 02:05:58 PM »
Well well, I had no idea you were going to blame the poor people (and the illegals), that revelation came as a complete shock to me :P

IMO they way was lost in the late 80's when "Reaganomics" took off. At least that's when the housing market did it's skyrocket.
well we do agree on that.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but nearly all the laws nowdays (as in written in the last few decades (or more)) are wrote PURPOSEFULLEY to be able to be interpreted in the way the lawyers/judges see fit depending on if they think the person is innocent or guilty (in other words how rich they are) They are made to have MAJOR gray areas ON PURPOSE. It is no mistake or error or sloppiness. Its VERY specifically done. C

Its so they can be interpreted to "fit the situation".  
Can't argue much with that. It's just not how it's supposed to be.IMO tho the reason for the vagueness is so the legislators can "pass the buck" on responsibility when it comes to election time.Again a consequence of no term limits..
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal