Author Topic: 2.5 subaru  (Read 27319 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: 2.5 subaru
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2018, 08:47:54 AM »
looking good
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2018, 09:06:34 AM »
Nice!
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline big dave

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2018, 06:57:21 AM »
took the new 2.5 for a short spin this weekend. runs out great on the top end. But it has a dead spot just of idle. Any thoughts????  this was the first run out, so I'm  thanking it may  just needs some drive time on it.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2018, 07:05:49 AM »
drive time.....polite break in  rofl but that flat spot if right off idle could be acell enrichment or tps itself. hard to say with out a data log . glad to hear it ran great though. so for all of us that aren't lucky enough to have a sand dune like syracuse right next door,any pics?.......how does the 2.5 compare to the 2.0?

Offline big dave

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2018, 08:01:54 AM »
I ended up just going to the river. not much run out room down there. Dam thing has been running for almost two years. night and day on power from the 2.0. I'm only running 7 psi boost for break-in but there is a big difference. I will be stepping it up to 10 psi after break-in. no pics at this time. the car pretty mush looks just like it did with the 2.0 in it.  when I mounted the ecu I did not cut out a spot in the box for the communication cable. so I thank that will be on the plans for this weekend. I sure I will have to down loads the program.   then is just plug and play to make it communicate with laptop. I hope. lol lol  tps would be the easy first step. time will tell.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2018, 08:53:17 AM »
well if you do jog over to syracuse take a video even if it's a cell cam. i would like to see what it looks like these days. haven't been there in a long time lol 9 or 10 years now and it had potential back then if they would've just killed the vegetation off!  glad the power is what you were hoping for....doubt choke cherry will be an issue  ;) ;) i will not make st a this year for sure. get the lap top communicating and data log,data lop,data log!  does that ecu using a tuning program that has autotune?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2018, 09:03:28 AM »
 I hit Syracuse just after opening. Sucked balls for dunes. It had potential for some fun desert type riding that I enjoyed.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline big dave

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »
well if you do jog over to syracuse take a video even if it's a cell cam. i would like to see what it looks like these days. haven't been there in a long time lol 9 or 10 years now and it had potential back then if they would've just killed the vegetation off!  glad the power is what you were hoping for....doubt choke cherry will be an issue  ;) ;) i will not make st a this year for sure. get the lap top communicating and data log,data lop,data log!  does that ecu using a tuning program that has autotune?
that's the plan. log as much as I can. no auto tune on it.

Offline big dave

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2018, 09:13:47 AM »
I hit Syracuse just after opening. Sucked balls for dunes. It had potential for some fun desert type riding that I enjoyed.
it has a lot more open sand new. but still no LS. Lots of trails to ride. No one likes to get out in the ruff and cut new trails. this would help open the sand.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:17:02 AM by big dave »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2018, 10:02:45 AM »

i was there the 2nd year it was open. very very small center body of open sand and that was it for open sand. otherwise all trails and full of sage that would cut paddles.  nothing like LS but big potential. now if they didn't want to chemically kill the grass they could bring plows in and kill it! after a few years of blowing there could be some nice dunes there and the town itself is nicer than waynoka.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2018, 10:03:40 AM »

no auto tune well that would be nice.

so this suby engine builder in cali ...outfront? if you run a data log is he willing to make changes to the fuel map based on your run at LS? or st a? then email back for you to input?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2018, 10:17:10 AM »

i was there the 2nd year it was open. very very small center body of open sand and that was it for open sand. otherwise all trails and full of sage that would cut paddles.  nothing like LS but big potential. now if they didn't want to chemically kill the grass they could bring plows in and kill it! after a few years of blowing there could be some nice dunes there and the town itself is nicer than waynoka.
I was told they were planning on clearing the vegetation years ago. It's still a lot smaller than LS though.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline big dave

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2018, 10:29:10 AM »

no auto tune well that would be nice.

so this suby engine builder in cali ...outfront? if you run a data log is he willing to make changes to the fuel map based on your run at LS? or st a? then email back for you to input?
I have not went down that road yet. my guess is yes. I need to make the call. I see no point in calling him tell I can communicate with the ecu. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2018, 11:41:46 AM »
dave.....completely agree!

fabr....... you were right years ago it wasn't worth the drive but it was worth experiencing it once  ;) ;D

Offline big dave

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2018, 11:43:50 AM »
I got cut short on the last post. (work got in the way). the plan is to get communication set up for the ecu. . now that I'm thank about it. he offers serval different ecu units. I will have to call john  find out what I have and the right program to download. then run with it from there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal