Author Topic: New Intake Pics  (Read 13766 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: New Intake Pics
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »
I understand entirely as I have done a fair amount of flowbench development on cylinder heads and intakes for my dragster in the past. Amazing what can be found there if you know what to do.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »
Damn fine work and great info!
Thanks for sharing.
Just curious,does a zx10 run the same fuel/timing maps on all 4 cylinders? A busa has considerably different maps for the center cylinders as compared to the outer.
The zx10 factory ecu does use same mapping for the center cylinders but the ability is there to map per cylinder. Thats on 2010 and earlier, not sure about the 2011. On the busa I tune by unifying all maps with ECU Editor since I am no longer using any stock intake or exhaust design stuffed under the plastic which I think is the reason for different mapping on the center cylinders on some bikes

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline MC

• Fabricator
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 08:06:45 PM »
The 2011 and up ZX10 is the current king of the liter bike HP wars. Over 10000 RPMs it has everyone covered hands down, under 10000 its a dog.
Its the difference between big air flow numbers on a flow bench and good hi speed air velocity.
An example is the venturi size in the throttle body, a busa has a 44mm venturi and the 2011 ZX10 has a 47mm venturi. Its like looking down into a Holly Dominator.  Big air flow numbers but very poor velocity  makes it a dog under 10000 RPM but the king of peak HP.
Thats what my intakes are all about, upping the velocity to make a high RPM crotch rocket motor much better on corner exit. Thats it in a nut shell.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »
Bingo.   Again, thanks for the post and very good info.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline MC

• Fabricator
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
Should add thats a 2007 ZX10 dyno sheet. VERY POPULAR for short track racing, probably the best corner exit power from a stock motor.
The 05-08 GSXR is the most popular, very slightly off the ZX10 on corner exit with a couple more HP on top.

Offline MC

• Fabricator
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 11:39:37 PM »
This years race season is very young but the past three weeks have been very good. Two big races in Texas and another in Arizona won by cars running Performance Fabrication Hi Velocity Intakes.  A Shameless Plug..........

Faber what are you running for a turbo system on your Hayabusa?  Stock motor?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 05:45:59 AM »
Stock motor,gt25r turbo,8# boost,hahn portfueler.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 06:28:27 AM »
I talked to MC about an air cleaner and stacks for my zx12.  Stake spacing is wider than just about anything out there and made finding a filter tough.  But a 12 uses 4 short stacks (total hight 4") and after I finish instal of Bazzaz I'd be interested in some stacks to put in box I made.  Gotta flow bettert than these old rubber POS. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline MC

• Fabricator
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 08:45:58 PM »
I think the stock motor and mild boost is the way to go. Keeps the compression up so you have good torque and good drive ability with a bunch more mid range power. Cheaper too!

I was looking at dyno results from a year and a half ago last night. All the serious testing was done on a 08 GSXR 1000 and all the testing we did on staggered length runners was for the short track intakes. The testing on 5" thru 7" off road stacks was earlier. The 3" and 4" combo was pretty dam happy and VERY SMOOTH, forgot how good that combo looked. The shorter combos all pretty much sucked.
I came up with a very different setup that blew everything else away we had tested. Much better corner exit. Would be interesting to try the 3&4 combo with the current setup.

Carl all the Kawasaki stuff is wide but that zx12 is freaking huge. My zx14 uses the same basic throttle body as a 07 ZX10.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 09:05:55 PM »
I think the stock motor and mild boost is the way to go. Keeps the compression up so you have good torque and good drive ability with a bunch more mid range power. Cheaper too!

I was looking at dyno results from a year and a half ago last night. All the serious testing was done on a 08 GSXR 1000 and all the testing we did on staggered length runners was for the short track intakes. The testing on 5" thru 7" off road stacks was earlier. The 3" and 4" combo was pretty dam happy and VERY SMOOTH, forgot how good that combo looked. The shorter combos all pretty much sucked.
I came up with a very different setup that blew everything else away we had tested. Much better corner exit. Would be interesting to try the 3&4 combo with the current setup.

Carl all the Kawasaki stuff is wide but that zx12 is freaking huge. My zx14 uses the same basic throttle body as a 07 ZX10.
I'd have to agree,in general,for sandrail use. A bit more boost,perhaps up to 12 with some good gas would,IMO,be about max for stock internals and compression.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 05:54:54 AM »
Turbo will be my next step,  ;D, once the rest of the bugs are worked out.  But I got lots of studying to figure out what I need to do there.  I use a filter from an old datson 240z.

Its about air, more is better.  Its just a gas powered air compressor.    None the less MC those are a work of art.  I'm guessing thats what your running on old buggy motor?  Did that thing ever sell?
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline MC

• Fabricator
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »
Got rid of the R1 late last summer, its now in a Dwarf Car in Canada. Still have the zx10 sitting on the table, needs to go now that the zx14 is going in the car.

I think if I were ever going back to a hard running turbo, no plans to go there but if I did I would run E85.

Offline MC

• Fabricator
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 08:40:13 PM »
Heres a couple pics of a 04 GSXR intake I finished today. Same layout as a Hayabusa.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 10:11:25 PM »
Rock on! That is amazing work  :o :o
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 05:52:51 AM »
Due to the position of the filter debris guard,I assume most of these are used on driveshaft cars? VERY nice looking piece.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal