Author Topic: Arrowheads Honda Tranny Setup by magnum  (Read 12245 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Arrowheads Honda Tranny Setup by magnum
« on: March 24, 2009, 10:02:45 PM »
Quote magnum from another thread and moved here:

"i have thought through all of this
and thats why i am going with arrowheads idea from mbn
i get my tranny somtime this week i thought it wasa five speed but its a 4 speed civic tranny
oh well its free lol i am chain driving in i will have two shifters one for the busa one for the honda tranz arrowhead used a mid engine vw shifter and it worked with some mods
this will be smell compact and bullit proof i am running outboard disk brakes cnc's
so i will be able to use a steering  brake as well i will have handles for days should look like a cocpit of a 747 when im done just kiding"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:02:43 AM by Masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
Re: Arrowheads Tranny Setup by magnum
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:05:38 AM »
why are you quoting this?  aren't you the one who thinks this setup is a joke?
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 12:42:28 AM »

Are you suggesting Fabr should censor this because he doesn't aggree with it?
This post has been edited due to content.

artie on edge

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 01:14:16 AM »
Hell guys having trouble reading I see.

This post isnt from Fabr, its from Magnum, who put it in another posting so Fabr transferred it here for Magnum. He has nothing to do with the honda set up, Magnum does.

continue....

artie on edge

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 01:16:51 AM »
Personally, I see nothing wrong with the setup using the honda trans. There are better ways of doing it but each to their own.

The honda setup is possibly the cheapest (less costly, not cheap n nasty) way of achieving a rev set up.

Because thats what we are after isnt it? rev gear?

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 05:31:35 AM »
why wasnt magnums post just moved here?    thats what made me wonder what was going on.

bstjim-wtf are you talking about? i was curious as to what fabr was up to.. didnt realize it was a moved post.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:33:49 AM by Voodoochikin04 »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 05:56:31 AM »
 ::) ::) ::) "for every action there is an equal and opposite criticism" LOL!!!!! Well EXCUUUUUUUUSE MEEEEEEEE I"M SORRRRRRY I didn't move it like you'd like it to have been moved VDC.  ::) ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

Re: Arrowheads Honda Tranny Setup by magnum
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 06:23:04 AM »
 gg: ff: gg:

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 06:52:58 AM »
I have NEVER said it was a joke. NEVER.  I SAID I don't believe that he had enough time on it for everyone to be going goo goo gaa gaa over it as if it was a proven thing.  So far as I've seen there is not any real evidence of how it does regarding durability.  All I've seen posted is basically-I did it and it works without any real info further. You know, like,"I ran it for 10 miles at 60 MPH across whoops and open desert non stop. I did that 10 times this weekend! WOW! It really held up nicely!" anecdotal type of things that SHOW what it is capable of. THere is also no evidence of the short chain surviving any hard use either.If there is and I've missed it since "that other place" invited me NOT back I haven't kept up with it.  It's pretty simple really. For myself until I see proof of the results I have little reason to accept stuff as fact.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
I could not find the quote button for quoting from MBN directly to here (  ;D ;D ;D ;D :P )  So I cut an pasted.

In the link entitled:   honda car trans help   (on MBN)

Arrowhead states this line below:

Arrowhead runs his as hard as he needs to and no one has out run him for a year now with the same .250 key and the 4" bilge blower ducted to the chain at anything over 20% throttle. Same 36 pin 630 chain too

Now I am gonna say what many are thinking. Thats NOT an answer! As hard as he needs to... No one has outrun him for a year now...

To me thats a cop out. What if hes only running with mamby pansey runners?

He mentioned at one point he had not gotten any quads but a couple Coyotes (minibuggies Not the Road runners nemisis) If you cannot outrun quads in a good minibuggy somethings wrong. 

Now I too have a Honda tranny that I wish to put in a mini. I had the idea years ago with a rabbit tranny out of an early 1980's rabbit but the CV flanges on those is type 1 only and there is NO clearance between the flange and case for anyting bigger. So when I moved one time I parted with it. Only to later hear that Jetta trannies on newer cars have the much larger flanges so I have been poking around for one of those.

But I still think the Honda tranny can take a beating. I will admit that I am a lil dissapointed in no video from someone with one in a buggy yet beating on it good. I also have a way around the short chain issue. So thats its not even an issue.

(side note.) For now I only have a sled motor sitting in the garage. So the honda tranny does me little for it. Looking for a worthy deal on a wrecked bike.) The sled motor will do better on a Jetta tranny for the way it faces I feel. Still a driven clutch can fit a common keyed shaft and still feed power into the honda trannies side with not to much trouble so it might happen yet. Being they are both sitting there for now.

Anyways. Back to the garage for me.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Admin

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 11:29:28 AM »
I dont doubt arrowheads claims, It is hard to believe without proof tho... ;D As an expiermental situation, go for it, to take arrowheads word it will work, Dont be pissed off if it doesnt, Thats my standing on the issue... Not pointed at anyone directly etc... Proof is in the pudding not in the air...

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 11:32:13 AM »
My point exactly nutz and my "pushing" for more info got me beat to death there (MBN)  for having the gall to question Arrowhead about just what he meant with his claims. So far as I know nothing more has been offered since.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »
 I was going to run the the same type of honda trans in my car...it turned out to be too difficult to get a shifter back to it in my car. It will get used sooner or later, maybe in a buddies car that is on the books right now.

Admin

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 12:01:47 PM »
Hell i am half tempted to out the drak tranny and do a honda trans myself... Need a lower ratio... Anyone know the final ratio in 1st gear? to the cvs that is?

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 01:58:07 PM »
the only problem with runny the honda imo, is an open diff. why would you want a one wheel wonder? lame.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal