Author Topic: Ole Moses  (Read 1523 times)

Atchcraft

Ole Moses
« on: January 06, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »
Ever seen one of these? My father inlaw,who just retired (welder), gave this to me. I don't know about you, but I dig the old stuff and I've never seen one quite like this. It's a  Black&Decker that he picked up at a swap meet 20+ years ago. That's an 8" wheel on that thing! It's works like a champ too. I have plenty of cool tools, but this is now my favorite. Think I'm going to polish and powder coat it. I know... I'm easily amused.

Offline BDKW1

Re: Ole Moses
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:00:01 AM »
Looks like it's hungry, just when your not paying attention it will jump up and chew the ever living crap out of your arm.........

SPEC

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:54:22 AM »
Does that one have the interchangeable head so it can be a die grinder as well...
I had one of those...That fooker would jump outta your hands in a flash...and be wrapped up in your clothes before you could blink

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:57:48 AM »
i know thats extremely dangerous.. but thats effin hilarious!!!!  only because i know exactly whats you mean
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Atchcraft

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »
I think that's why I love the old stuff. They weren't pussys back in the day "the only safety you need is between your ears" and stuff was extra dangerous. Someone would lose an arm in something like that and instead of a law suit you'd get "That'll learn ya!" I had lead paint paint on my crib for pete sake... maybe thats whats wrong? 

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 01:08:02 PM »
I have a Skilsaw from about 1965. Full metal case,heavy as hell. A customer had us send it in for factory rebuild about 1970. All new parts  BUT they didn't eplace 1 wingnut or repaint the case. Customer refused to pay the 40 bux against it. Welllllll, no problemo! I get a very good skilsaw that sold then for 150 bux new. Customer got nothing. I still to this day use that saw. Old stuff was made better then but way too heavy compared to todays light weight ergonomically designed stuff. Anyway that is a great find but as others said be really careful with it without a guard not only for the reasons given but also those flying strands of wire wheel are small missiles aimed at your eyes. Eyeball shish kabob. YUUUUUKKKKKKK!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
Yeah I have an old Sawzall metal case probably 40+ yrs.  Every time I pulled the trigger Zap, did 10-15 times before I relized the cracked up wire was shorting. rofl  But you dont have to be a contortionist and have 4 arms to hold all the safty switches.  Pull the trigger you gonna cut something.  Plus it was my dads, he been dead 35 yrs. :(
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal