Author Topic: What the %&$* is up with JD2?  (Read 4489 times)

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
What the %&$* is up with JD2?
« on: November 20, 2009, 06:19:41 PM »
There must not be much competition in the bender market because JD2's customer service sucks. I placed an order for nearly $800 on the 12th. I've been waiting for a notification for shipment for a while so I e-mail them through their contact page asking for a ship date or order status. Two days and no reply. I then call them and leave a message with my order number and ask for a call back. Two days and no reply. I finally got someone on the phone today and they look me up by name, nothing. Look me up by phone number, nothing. Look me up by order number, "Oh, it never made it out of the database." He puts me on hold and then comes back and says they have most of it in stock and it will ship soon. I told them to cancel the order and I'll call Pro-tools. He says, "OK." Not a hint of an apology. What the hell?! I think the biggest thing that pissed me off was that he didn't even respond when I told him about the e-mail and voice message. If their customer service is that bad before the sell then I can't imagine if I needed something after they have my money.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 06:22:01 PM by komelika »
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Re: What the %&$* is up with JD2?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:26:46 PM »
Sad and funny (in a sad way) at the same time.

I do agree with that kind of service and attitude they do not need anyones buisness.

The fool on the phone shoulda been apologetic and tried to get you a lil something extra for the bender for free.

The owner of the company should be told too.

But I guess if thats how he runs his shop (not knowing) he deserves what he gets.

If I owned a company like that I would want EVERY order to come right to me. Then I would know who and when and drop the hammer if my guys were not hot footing it to get it out.

Plus to know how much was being sold for profit reasons alone!   
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »
http://www.jd2.com/shop/

Maybe the "Over 27 years" in the banner at the top of thier screen is estimated shipping time??  LMAO

From you and many others I have heard of thier slow service it might not be reading to much higher...
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »
I'm going to call pro-tools tomorrow and see if the price is similar. If I can match it I will go with them. If not, then I may call JD2 back and speak to a "manager". My luck, the clown on the phone probably was a manager!
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
http://www.gottrikes.com/Tube_Bender.htm

Might consider that. Can be built to take JD dies or Pro Tool dies. Lotsa guys make em and really seem to like them.

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 07:29:20 PM »
I'm starting to think you work for these guys!  LMAO

I like the setup, but it takes up some some floor space. I like the storeability of the pedestal benders.

I'm just pissed that the clock starts over on getting my tools! I thought I'd have them by now. I just picked up all of my tubing today and converted my welder to MIG and now it is all sitting there waiting for a bender... bummer!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 07:40:28 PM »
One like the Gottrikes is easly moved and rollers on them is common if not mandatory.

You ever messed with a pedastal one? They need a SOLID place to be bolted down to (cement) You need tube clearance for feeding in the tube AND especially where ever your bends go.

MY PT-105 was on a pedastal and I hated it. Making an nice electric over Hydraulic one a moveable stand.

Might take a peek at these before you do much more. Might get some ideas that make you a happier camper in the long run??

http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95

Particuallarly this thread.

http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 07:44:05 PM »
What about one of the vendors that carry JD tools?
Call them all until you find one that has everything in stock.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 07:47:11 PM »
What about one of the vendors that carry JD tools?
Call them all until you find one that has everything in stock.

Not a bad idea if you really want JD stuff but if I got the response Komelika did I would be looking elsewhere myself too.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 07:47:37 PM »
WTF is wrong with a pedestal bender mounted to the floor? oh yeah takes up more floor space than most people have in their entire shop.  ;D ;D. Personally I like the pedestal mounted ones though.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 07:53:51 PM »
WTF is wrong with a pedestal bender mounted to the floor? oh yeah takes up more floor space than most people have in their entire shop.  ;D ;D. Personally I like the pedestal mounted ones though.

Mine was not to bad when I was in Indy with a six car garage.

Aside from the tube being bent moving around the long lever you pull on takes a fair amount of space. I think a lot of people do not realize this when they buy one. Some find out the hard way if they do not have a large space to use it! 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 07:57:57 PM »
Yeah if you are bending something like the rorty r16 that has a couple of front to rear tubes it takes approx a 24 x 20 area. But a vertical unit will need 15' + ceilings!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 08:02:42 PM »
Yeah if you are bending something like the rorty r16 that has a couple of front to rear tubes it takes approx a 24 x 20 area. But a vertical unit will need 15' + ceilings!

Wheels on a Gottrikes takes care of that problem. As long as you wait for a nice day to bend outside!!

Also in some garages with open rafters you can go up between them pretty dang high.

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 08:12:13 PM »
Wheels on a Gottrikes takes care of that problem. As long as you wait for a nice day to bend outside!!

Also in some garages with open rafters you can go up between them pretty dang high.

Must be nice to have a nice flat driveway! Mine is sloped and a pain the ass to work in. I hate that about this area. Can't even check the damn oil in the driveway. Oh well. I have a fairly decent two and a half car garage. I can mount it to the floor in the middle and unbolt it, put it in the corner, and park the wife's car at the end of the day (nope, she refuses to give up her side of the garage to my endeavors). I also plan on making attachments to use the pedestal for my vise, and bench grinder cause I don't have much bench space.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 08:20:01 PM »
Even a mean sloped drive can be compensated for with the right adjusting feet.

The bender requires bolts to stick up from the floor and or sunken anchors to screw bolts into.

As for the middle of a two car garage.... Gonna be TIGHT. Even a 2.5 nmight be tight. You will likely need to favor one side so that the tube being bent has somewhere to go.

The handle has to stick out one side over four plus feet (unless you go Hydraulic) and the other side will need enough room for whatever length you decide to bend.

Being you need the other tools mounted yah might consider just making a moveable bench with it all on it lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal