Author Topic: wiring help  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Jerry

wiring help
« on: December 05, 2008, 07:01:12 PM »
I posted a wire diagram for a o4 polaris, which i hope to be able to start tomorrow with your help. I am not good at reading the diagram have not read these things in years. I would have posted the diagram here but i am working off an old computer (wife took mine).

So, question is am i right (i do not want to damage anything). THe 2 c wires,d,e,f all need to be connected together for it to run and start. The a,b wires engage the starter, so once the motor is running i disconnect/seperate those two. I am right

Admin

Re: wiring help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »
Jerry, what dont you have in the electrical system, are you only missing the key switch? you have the handle bar switch or no?

Admin

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »
a connection between A and B should crank the starter over... Momentary switch only or push button, just like anything you start connection just to make the starter turn until it fires...

Admin

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »
F is a ground dont put any power to that one...

Offline Jerry

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »
I have the handle bar switch That has headlights and engine off run off switch. I do not have the key assembly

Admin

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 07:23:36 PM »
I think c "Both"  and d connect to run, and e and f connect when In off position.. treat c as one wire, as it only has one plug on the switch side of the connection, looks like it was just a easy place to combine 2 into 1 in the plug...

First thing i would do, hook up the battery, check which leads have power in them im guessing a will not, until c makes contact w d... and that c has power all the time when the battery is connected...As long as the fuses have not been removed from the harness you shouldn't be able to do to much damage, it should blow the fuse if hooked wrong...

Admin

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 07:24:11 PM »
I have the handle bar switch That has headlights and engine off run off switch. I do not have the key assembly

so the only thing you are missing is the key? every other switch etc is there you believe?

Admin

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
Ill be home all day tomorrow, if you need help and cant get anyone feel free to call me when your in the shop working on it, I can pull up the wire diagram and maybe help you figure it out... Ill pm ya my phone number...

Offline Jerry

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 07:34:11 PM »
I do believe every thing else is there.  Thanks Bug

Offline Jerry

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 01:09:33 PM »
This is to offically THANK Bugpac for his help. You were a huge help. To here the engine start for the frist time was amazing. I can't thank you enough.

Admin

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »
This is to offically THANK Bugpac for his help. You were a huge help. To here the engine start for the frist time was amazing. I can't thank you enough.

No problem, anytime i can help anyone on the forum, I am glad to do so, Im just glad you got it running, One less hurdle to overcome...Before long you'll be out tearing it up... ;D

Offline Jerry

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 06:16:29 PM »
Yes it starts but does not run long before it dieds. I am having troble getting fuel prssure to 40psi. When i engage the fuel pump (fp) at start up it gets to about 22psi and does not ever get to 40psi. it runs for less then a minute or so then pressure seam to drop and the engine dieds. I have had the pressure up to 40 psi a couple of times. How or why it got there i do not know, i did nothing diferrent to get it up there. I ran stayed running fora minute or so at 40psi then a pressure drop and it died. I am thinking my problem is electrical maybe not a enough amps/volts going to the pump. A buddy said i should have a relay on the fp line. he explained a relay to me like this the wires from the harness for the fp go to one side of the relay, a power line from the battery goes to relay. Then the harness wires complete there circut the power from the battery with a fuse in it gives more power to the fp.

Any thoughts??

Admin

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 06:33:02 PM »
how does the aftermarket pump connect to the wire harness? You could unhook it from the harness and run it directly to the battery to see what the pressure does..

Offline Jerry

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 07:32:08 PM »
The pump is connected by 2 wires from the harness (easy to diconnect). I will get a inline fuse tomorrow and try connecting the pump direct to the battery. If i run just the pump while it is connected to the fuel rail  and no power going to the engine that should power the pump up to its set 40psi? I will trt this tomorrow afterwork

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 05:32:18 AM »
This is to offically THANK Bugpac for his help. You were a huge help.

Very cool.  8) Free bump for BUG.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal