Author Topic: Pedals and Cables  (Read 4247 times)

405dentech

Pedals and Cables
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:18:49 PM »
Alright so I'm getting ready to order pedals and this may seem stupid but I wasn't sure how the hell you hook up a hydraulic clutch pedal to a cable operated clutch. (05 gsxr 600). Any pics would be GREAT.

Admin

Re: Pedals and Cables
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:35:49 PM »
you make an aluminum block that threads onto the slave, then you make a hole for the cable to attach to that..

405dentech

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »
It seems like it would be much more simple to just connect a cable straight to the pedal and not use the hydraulic setup at all. I was even thinking of running a hand operated clutch mounted on the shifter. Considering the fact that you really only need it when starting and stopping. It would also be cheaper. But would definately take some getting use to.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »
I ran a cable on my gixxer, i made the pedal and ran a morse cable back, made the aluminum block to thread on the morse cable, and attach to the oem cable...

plkracer

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 02:11:55 PM »
I'm using a hand clutch due to the space limitations up front. I bought some cable and conduit then soldered on my own end to match the gixxer and got another adjuster that is the same as the stock one. It works fine, and I liek the hand clutch. I'm still searching for the brake with my right foot though....

artie on edge

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »
Set up correctly a cable clutch is my preference and it is sooooo simple to set up, if you are concerned about breakage a second unused cable can be fitted side by side and the ends connected should on ever break.  :o

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 01:03:53 AM »
what is this cable and conduit you speak of plkracer?
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

plkracer

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:59:28 AM »
I got mine from gokart galaxy. I bought a bunch since their shipping is RIDICULOUS! Its the wescon (I think) Conduit and the cables. The cables have 1 nub on the end of one side that a barrel slips onto, but the other side has to be soldered on yourself. After the shipping and everything, it was about 60 dollars....

For soldering, I machined a piece of aluminum to the dimensions that the stock cable nub was. I put the cable in, got out the propane torch for copper pipe, and then melted the solder into place. I used some pretty high temp solder, it would barely melt with my 80watt iron, but it is much stronger than typical electrical solder.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 11:01:39 AM by plkracer »

455bird

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 02:10:25 AM »
The way I do all of my clutch cables is run your hyd pedals down to a VW clutch slave cylinder then run the cable from the other side of the slave cylinder to the clutch arm

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 02:35:17 AM »
so in theory, a person could mount your clutch and throttle cables to where ever they will reach, then run a rod from your pedals to the cables and attach them with a small aluminum block?

Admin

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 06:05:15 AM »
so in theory, a person could mount your clutch and throttle cables to where ever they will reach, then run a rod from your pedals to the cables and attach them with a small aluminum block?

Yup.. In theory anyhow...

artie on edge

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 01:14:13 PM »
lets not forget that the more complex we make this thing the more likely the sucker will fail....KISS. A good rule to live by, unfortunately KISS often negates BLING.... damn.....

405dentech

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »
Just wondering if anyone had any pedal sets for sale? I still haven't ordered any.  :(

plkracer

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 11:27:34 PM »
Doug Heim does. Hanging pedals are by far the best setup.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 02:20:52 AM »
what is the basis behind that opinion?   ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal