Author Topic: I have a different PCIII USB issue...  (Read 1432 times)

Glock n Ballz

I have a different PCIII USB issue...
« on: September 18, 2013, 08:39:06 AM »
Masterfabr-This is aimed at you since you seem to be well versed on the subject - Others feel free to chime in as well..

I have a 2001 Suzuki TL1000R Engine. I purchased a new PC USBIII for that bike. Paper instructions that came with the unit also state to correct bike yr/make/model...
however comma the pictures in the instructions do not match my engine. The harness of the PC has connectors that DO fit up with the connectors that plug into my fuel injectors but again this is inconsistent with my installation instructions. There are two fuel injectors /two plugs per TB(throttle body). (This is a V-Twin engine so there are two throttle bodies) there are four plugs on PC harness, two male and two female. Logically I assume that only one of my TB connectors will get unplugged from each TB, but which one? The injectors are numbered 1 & 2 for No. 1 Cylinder and 3 & 4 for No. 2 Cylinder. Maybe Id better call PC.

Not to mention...i have custom exhaust (2 into1) and there is no ready made MAP for my exhaust set up so Ill need assistance in that arena AFTER we solve issue No. 1.

I can post pix if need be.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: I have a different PCIII USB issue...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 09:07:43 AM »
 8) I appreciate your asking me but............................if I were you ,in this instance,call pc to avoid any BS.There may be others that FOR SURE have your needed answers but,again,I'd call PC. MY guess could be disastrous for you and I'd prefer ,for once  rofl , to not give a .02. I hope you understand.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:12:27 AM »
AS for later tuning though I use the datalogging and wideband gauging  stuff from Innovate to tune my supplemental injectors for boost conditions.. It's a love/hate relationship tho with the Innovate products. Some swear by it,I tolerate it. . Others are running auto tune stuff such as Carl is doing.   Might be best way for NA motors.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
Does your instructions match the ones on PC site?  It shows pluggin into the TB harness, not into ea injector.  I have found these instuction a little lacking and was told by tech guys it was to be installed by professional, not a DIY person.   bs1

But tech folks seem pretty good, ask them about which map.  Looks like a dozen or so on their site.  Can you add a wide band O2 to pc3?  I'll have to look.

I went to Bazzaz for last two rails,  Autotune is the cats ass.  You need a dyno or wide O2 to proper tune it.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 09:37:08 PM »
I run the bazzaz as well with auto tune and I really like it, real simple as plug and play as you can get imo.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 05:44:51 AM »
The PC5 has autotune also.  I would seriously consider selling the 3 and go to a 5 w/autotune or the Bazzaz w/autotune.  You have cut exhaust like we all have and no map on the net is gonna be right for that motor in that setup.  So then you need to have professionally tuned by dyno.  $$$ 
You may have to do a custom setup for that motor, dont see it listed.  But dont worry,

I used a zx10r harness, gsxr1000 bazzaz box, on my zx12.  And Bazzaz custom wrote a program for the box for free because crank sensor is diff from all motors.  Its now loaded w/a zx14 map with autotune recording ready for a few hard runs thru the gears.  I cant wait to see what it does.  ;D ;D ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal