Author Topic: Slow Build by Engineer  (Read 86157 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Slow Build by Engineer
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
LOL! I've got alibre. sux drawing tubes. SW it's not.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:29 AM »
LOL! I've got alibre. sux drawing tubes. SW it's not.

Auto Cad is the best for drawing tubes.  Engineer take your dwg down to a local hi school and see if there shop class teaches Auto Cad.  Allot of them due and would love to use your plans to teach the students to draw.  My local hi school dose and I work with the shop teacher all the time With this kind of stuff.  He even sends students here to learn machine work and lets me use there CMM when I need one.  My local hi school even has eight seats of Master Cam.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »
Auto Cad is the best for drawing tubes.  Engineer take your dwg down to a local hi school and see if there shop class teaches Auto Cad.  Allot of them due and would love to use your plans to teach the students to draw.  My local hi school dose and I work with the shop teacher all the time With this kind of stuff.  He even sends students here to learn machine work and lets me use there CMM when I need one.  My local hi school even has eight seats of Master Cam.

Dang, never thought of the school, I have been paying real money to have projects drawn.  I have Autocad Inventor.  Are you saying it draws tubes well?  I have drawn some parts on it, but never really figured out how to get the parts to join together in space well.  I guess I need to tinker with it.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2010, 01:35:16 PM »
Dang, never thought of the school, I have been paying real money to have projects drawn.  I have Autocad Inventor.  Are you saying it draws tubes well?  I have drawn some parts on it, but never really figured out how to get the parts to join together in space well.  I guess I need to tinker with it.

In Autocad you draw a line even with a curve in it and then draw your circle at the end.  What ever size tube 1.25 1.5 1.75 then you click on the circle and give Auto a direction and click on extrude and the tube will appare.  if you have two lines cross then when you extrude it will automatically trim the extrusion where they cross. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »
Got some more bungs and HMS spacers including some customs ones made to my specs from Doug Heim today.  Great service!  Thanks Doug!

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2010, 08:12:06 PM »
Great. Let me know how they work out. I didnt have a 1" mono ball to check the custom HMS to. Any issue and Ill be glad to work it out with you.  Thanks for your purchase! Doug

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »
Great. Let me know how they work out. I didnt have a 1" mono ball to check the custom HMS to. Any issue and Ill be glad to work it out with you.  Thanks for your purchase! Doug

They fit perfect.  Dropped right in beautifully!

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2010, 08:59:38 PM »
excellent!  8) ;D

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »
In Autocad you draw a line even with a curve in it and then draw your circle at the end.  What ever size tube 1.25 1.5 1.75 then you click on the circle and give Auto a direction and click on extrude and the tube will appare.  if you have two lines cross then when you extrude it will automatically trim the extrusion where they cross.

Yup, type "EXTRUDE" select circle, pick "path" select line and walla.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »
Yup, type "EXTRUDE" select circle, pick "path" select line and walla.

Are you talking about inventor or in Autocad mechanical?  In any case would you draw each tube as a part then assemble them or do the whole frame as a single part?

Where I get stuck is you have a tube that is angled at 22.703 degrees, then you want to attach another tube onto it 23.46" from some radius and it needs to angle at 87.93 degrees.  How do you tell it to join the tubes like that.  ;D

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »
Are you talking about inventor or in Autocad mechanical?  In any case would you draw each tube as a part then assemble them or do the whole frame as a single part?

Where I get stuck is you have a tube that is angled at 22.703 degrees, then you want to attach another tube onto it 23.46" from some radius and it needs to angle at 87.93 degrees.  How do you tell it to join the tubes like that.  ;D

In autocad, extrude, subtract, and redo/undo.  Can be your best friends.  I've got a tube frame I did somewhere here that I'd show, but I can't find it right now.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
I am just going straight to a steel solid model....

Here is the 5-link upright / bearing / Cv drawn the old fashion way.  ;D

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2010, 05:51:23 AM »

Inventor is a very capable piece of software.  I've been using it for 6 years and it is my CAD software of choice.  If you have any questions on how to use it just shoot me a pm and I'll get you taken care of. ;)
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2010, 07:54:28 AM »
Inventor is a very capable piece of software.  I've been using it for 6 years and it is my CAD software of choice.  If you have any questions on how to use it just shoot me a pm and I'll get you taken care of. ;)

Thanks Grim!  I will get with you when I have time to play with it draw it in Autocad Inventor.  :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:30:21 AM by Engineer »

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »
Thanks Grim!  I will get with you when I have time to play with it.  :)

Sounds gay rofl

Sorry could not help it either  rofl

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal