Author Topic: HELP ME!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »
Well I took 1/2 day at work today as this was really bothering me and I knew if I needed to get parts, that time was critical. I did arrange for an ECU to be deliverd to me and Ill still see that tomorrow but now I dont need it. I do have another RC51 Motor that needs one for future use so it is not a waste.

I really thought it was a simple ground issue so I removed every connection to ground and scraped down to bare metal and even ran a few extra wires including a hard wire from the battery to the Engine. Same problem.

I again checked fuses, all conections, relays, and safteycut outs. All good so I called and got the ECU comming.

Staring at my wiring diagram I decided to check power from the saftey relay to all the components that it suplied power to. At the same time, I was taking ohms readings at all sensors and electrical components advised from Fabr. During this process, one of the components that the saftey relay suplied power to was the injectors. There is a good size plug that houses all the wiring going to the throttle bodies, injectors and throttle position sensor. I was going to check power and continuity at this point but noticed that one of the negative supply lines from the ECU to one of the 4 injectors was loose from the plug. I pushed it in and violia!

Now someone want to tell me why it is that an uncompleted circuit to the injector would lock out spark and the fuel pump? I would think that the injector itself and alone would be affected. Anyway, That fixed it. I pulled the connection out and added a dab of super glue so it does never come out again. What goes on in that ECU is a complete mystery. It is even worse that the dealer service center cant even test wether the ECU is good or not  ::)

Thanks for your help guys!

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 02:48:35 PM »
Everybody knows that the flux capacitor requires 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power to operate.  The steel body of the buggy has a direct and influential effect on the "flux dispersal."

You should have looked there first.

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 02:56:19 PM »
I might understand where a non firing injector on a TWO stroke might shut the motor down but even with oil injection the cylinder should not burn up.

Good question as to why it would shut a fourstroke down?

Seems the puter should warn the driver of the issue and stay running on the other(s) to get you home/garage/safety etc. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 08:02:12 PM »
One would think that it would go into "limp home" mode anyway. Oh well glad to hear you got my ride running! ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline thedoctor

• Fabricator
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »
Yummi, Don't try to steal my lines. I am "The Doctor". Tim
In the words of my father "Never give up too soon, you might miss a good piece."

artie on edge

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 08:29:02 PM »
Yeah, seriously Doug...why didnt you go straight to that connector? When I was reading your post I was thinking..I bet that connector is open circuited...pretty obvious really.... at least down here in Aus.....

;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 08:46:41 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »
 LMAO

I bet you could even see it from down there huh?

All in all I think if the injector did not work properly that the motor would still run limp. Remember this was a broken connection, not a bad injector. Each cylinder has 2 injectors on this motor. Still wonder why a bad connection to he injector would disable the whole fuel and firing system. Stupid!

Must be an engineer's idea. (sorry in advance to my engineer friends)  8)

boltz2012

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 03:23:42 AM »
just an idea to the mystery. You say it has two injectors per piston right? Well If it fired and ran with one of the injectors not firing at all and one pumping a normal stream of fuel into the piston you would run that piston really leann Unlike on a motor that only has one injector. It just wouldnt fire in that hole. I dont think it would detonate but it could gald the hole causeing the cylinder to over heat and therefore swell and the piston would be sloppy in the hole. Thus causing major problems if it fired and you was to continue driving it. Just my two cents on it. I guess a limp mode should disable the other injector so that hole doesnt fire at all.

SPEC

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 06:15:11 AM »
Yeah, seriously Doug...why didnt you go straight to that connector? When I was reading your post I was thinking..I bet that connector is open circuited...pretty obvious really.... at least down here in Aus.....

;D

Artie your toilet swirls backwards

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 06:16:04 AM »
just an idea to the mystery. You say it has two injectors per piston right? Well If it fired and ran with one of the injectors not firing at all and one pumping a normal stream of fuel into the piston you would run that piston really leann Unlike on a motor that only has one injector. It just wouldnt fire in that hole. I dont think it would detonate but it could gald the hole causeing the cylinder to over heat and therefore swell and the piston would be sloppy in the hole. Thus causing major problems if it fired and you was to continue driving it. Just my two cents on it. I guess a limp mode should disable the other injector so that hole doesnt fire at all.
I agree.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

artie on edge

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 06:16:13 AM »
so?

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 11:06:52 AM »
I did not think about the other injector still firing causing a lean condition.

GOOD CALL Boltz I too would agree this sounds the most logical.

I agree on the limp home it could just cut both injectors or maybe cut all the injectors IF it was the high speed (secondary) injectors then just run home slowish on the primary injectors.

Course if it was the primary injector that was disconnected would it run only on the secondary injectors at low RPM?
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
Boltz I agree too. Just another way to protect the motor. Would be nice if you could get a code showing thats the problem though.  ::)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »
Anything more to add now Artie? ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal