Author Topic: Crazy Fast Build  (Read 49963 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Crazy Fast Build
« Reply #270 on: December 25, 2014, 03:59:19 PM »
I bought a vacuum fill setup to get away from the hassles of bleeding the air out. Works like a charm. Something like this one works just fine.
  http://www.amazon.com/Radiator-Cooling-System-Vacuum-Refill/dp/B0081N522E   There are many more to choose from.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2015, 03:30:19 PM »
so have you got back on it and got the bubble out yet?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2015, 12:41:44 PM »
I just got back from Glamis.  I was cold this year so there wasn't as many people.  THe last day we where there a group of strippers moved it next door.

I got the issues with the cooling system figured out with you guys help.  THANKS!

When I got there I new the clutch had got a little soft so I figured I better bleed it.  Short story the clutch had broke.  I have yet to fully take it apart but the whole housing has broke.

I was able to drive around.  It went straight out Oldsmobile or anything I it pointed it at.  That was a first for me anyway.  It doesn't want to pull a wheelie though.  It would have been a ton better if the clutch worked but I had fun.  We still had a RZR (got both in a 38ft toy hauler). 

The chain now has some sag in it.  How much still it needs to be tightened back up?

I also got the specs from SwayAway and how much  oil can be added so helpful that will help with the front end being to soft.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #273 on: January 05, 2015, 07:32:52 AM »
I just got back from Glamis.  I was cold this year so there wasn't as many people.  THe last day we where there a group of strippers moved it next door.

I got the issues with the cooling system figured out with you guys help.  THANKS!

When I got there I new the clutch had got a little soft so I figured I better bleed it.  Short story the clutch had broke.  I have yet to fully take it apart but the whole housing has broke.

I was able to drive around.  It went straight out Oldsmobile or anything I it pointed it at.  That was a first for me anyway.  It doesn't want to pull a wheelie though.  It would have been a ton better if the clutch worked but I had fun.  We still had a RZR (got both in a 38ft toy hauler). 

The chain now has some sag in it.  How much still it needs to be tightened back up?

I also got the specs from SwayAway and how much  oil can be added so helpful that will help with the front end being to soft.

:wwp:
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2015, 07:48:04 AM »

And you didn't extend your stay and maybe something else as well?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline CrazyFastFab

• Fabricator
« Reply #275 on: January 05, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
In a couple of posts guys have asked for pictures or videos of the car running.  This being the first time to Glamis with the new car.  My wife was in charge of the camera.  Yes her got video of the car going up Olds for the first time.  But she parked a quarter mile away and you have to squint to even see the car much less see how the suspension is working.

Carl I can see were you are coming from, but see the camera issues I was already having?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal