Author Topic: Spider Monkey's New Dash ~n~ Body Work =)  (Read 20428 times)

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: Spider Monkey's New Dash ~n~ Body Work =)
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
Enemy, I have those hangers you asked about... I made you a pair of custom ones!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2011, 05:53:42 AM »
The wing will protect the exhaust pipe.  kick  Its lookin like your getting it ready, but I got to ask, who was the kid with the sharpie that did the graphics work on those side panels and wing.  ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2011, 11:34:16 AM »
BTW,you'll appreciate the extra torque it will have also. Those short dump pipes kill it.

Dump pipes are only good for the wide open throttle fun then huh? I was hoping it would help out the bottom side, great to know!

Enemy, I have those hangers you asked about... I made you a pair of custom ones!

Awesome Doug! I'm definitely still in need of them to finish it up. Lemme know what ya need for them and I'll get some electric cash sent your way!
Thanks again!

The wing will protect the exhaust pipe.  kick  Its lookin like your getting it ready, but I got to ask, who was the kid with the sharpie that did the graphics work on those side panels and wing.  ;D

Ummmm, well..... Ya ever had a gathering in a garage, and the next morning (afternoon) you come out and find peoples "enhanced" creativity all over your stuff?  Im almost positive I am to blame for most of it..

All I can say is ....thank god for erasable markers.... ;D
We did get a few funky ideas for a paint job though, so maybe some good will come from the wicked hangover thumb down
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2011, 12:47:11 PM »
Dump pipes are only good for the wide open throttle fun then huh? I was hoping it would help out the bottom side, great to know!

Not even good for that my friend.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

trans man

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2011, 06:22:23 PM »
Hey Enemy, are you going to put a wheelie bar on the back of spider monkey, to keep that paint looking good on your wing trunk. ;) ;) ;)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2011, 07:16:39 PM »
Hey Enemy, are you going to put a wheelie bar on the back of spider monkey, to keep that paint SHARPIE looking good on your wing trunk. ;) ;) ;)

Fixed that for ya  ;D
I had an a very good instructor at week-long paint seminar once (very rare). On the very first day of class he looked at all of us and said, "The first thing I'm going to teach you is how to fu*k this product up. Maybe then you'll know better to not do stupid shit with it."

Lets just say that his very wise words will always be stuck in my head... No wheelie bar for me thanks.. I found her balance point  ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

trans man

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2011, 07:23:27 PM »

Lets just say that his very wise words will always be stuck in my head... No wheelie bar for me thanks.. I found her balance point  ;D
LOL!!!   rofl rofl rofl rofl

Just don't put the monkey on it's tail again. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2011, 07:25:41 PM »
"Dump pipes are only good for the wide open throttle fun then huh?"
Not even good for that my friend.

???  Now does this apply to all types of induction? Or just on a turbo mill?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:28:01 PM by Enemy »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2011, 07:48:35 PM »
Far more for NA than turbo but you will still see a diff on the turbo stuff at lower rpms and off boost.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:50:35 PM by masterfabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2011, 09:41:56 PM »
Yes....late update. Busy busy busy busy.  drowning
But..... Spider Monkey is back together pissin' off the neighbors so all is just friggin' dandy dammit!  ;D ;D

Body and paint....... My favorite thing to do after I do it all day long........  Sarcasm

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »
Finished up the dash and side panels. Was seriously running out of time to get really crazy on it so its somewhat tame graphically.. That and I am rusty as hell with the airbrush! But I have a good foundation to add to next winter.

Tried out some "Cobweb" from Alsa Corp. on the dash and firewall. You can really add visual depth to the effect with some shadows and overlays with this stuff. A bit funky to get used to spraying (its like Silly String coming out of the gun seriously!  rofl)  Might try the "Crazer" on the next evolution. That's some wild shit!
This place is a frigging playground for anyone wanting to go crazy with chemicals..
 Let your imagination go wild!! http://www.alsacorp.com/

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
Wow,  Looks super nice!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2011, 10:17:53 PM »
 :) Thanks Eng!  :)

Prepping and painting the sides..

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2011, 10:27:52 PM »
First shakedown successful! Have some retuning to work on in the boost areas, but so far so good!

The lighting is working awesome. I only got one night pass in and need some adjustments but wow what a difference the LEDs made over those POS Trailtechs! The side floods are awesome in the wooded trails, cant wait to hit the sand with them. The driving/camp Venza beam is gunna come in really handy. Nice flat pattern for slow driving

trans man

« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2011, 11:24:46 PM »
Enemy those panels and concole look FOOKING SICK!!! ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal