Author Topic: Polaris RZR  (Read 4350 times)

Offline Boostinjdm

Polaris RZR
« on: January 01, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »
Anybody got one? Gundog?  Personal experience?  OTD price paid?  I'm trying to talk the GF into getting one,  I'd have to give up my bike and lawnmower though. <--long story.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Polaris RZR
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 04:46:57 PM »
Check with whiplash, i think he has one?
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Hoodlum

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »
I got one...What you want to know?
Price, tax and all,$10749...
Good-you can take someone along with you,and a much more relaxing ride than my usual..(pilot)
bad-After all the pre-sale hype, I was expecting more performance wise....Kinda boring when you're used to a Pilot....The pilot will pull 4 lengths in 100yds., and corners much better...
Got 265 +/- hrs, and 3500 +/- miles
Hoodlum
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:13:20 PM by Hoodlum »

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »
Are you beating on it, jumping and such?  If so how is it holding up?  I know it won't compare to a pilot.  Most of my riding would prolly be slower, heavily wooded, hilly terrain.  I am trying to get my GF into offroading, but she isn't the most coordinated person.  I won't let her on my atv or any of my other toys, so she gets mad when I go riding.  I am just looking for personal experiences related to durability and performance.  If I get one it would most likely remain stock.  Have you made any mods to yours?  If not, is there any you feel NEED to be made?

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »
RZR S - that long travel one looks slick.  Might not be good for woods, but it looks slick from a west coast standpoint. 

Might also consider a "Ridge Runner?"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:57:59 AM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Admin

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 08:44:03 AM »
Hoodlum, you just need to trade that razr for a Drakart... ;D

Hoodlum

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »
Are you beating on it, jumping and such?  If so how is it holding up?  I know it won't compare to a pilot.  Most of my riding would prolly be slower, heavily wooded, hilly terrain.  I am trying to get my GF into offroading, but she isn't the most coordinated person.  I won't let her on my atv or any of my other toys, so she gets mad when I go riding.  I am just looking for personal experiences related to durability and performance.  If I get one it would most likely remain stock.  Have you made any mods to yours?  If not, is there any you feel NEED to be made?

Nope...Don't jump it or beat it up....I ride mostly woods trails with it as well....It climbs very well,and has handled any terrain I put it on quite well....I have read on the rzr forums of people that jump them and beat them pretty hard, but most end up with axle failures and shock failure....Some have even grenaded gear boxes and differentials....They are not made for that type abuse...
The only issue I have had with mine was a leaking diff. seal......
Hoodlum

Hoodlum

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:55:50 PM »

Admin

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 02:03:34 PM »
If it wasn't for my daughters(they ride the rzr more than I) I probably would....I actually got it so my wife could get out and ride some, but she hasn't been in the freakin thing in the 18mnths we've had it!!!! I like the rzr for the seatbelts and cage...I fell MUCH better about putting my kids in it than I do a quad, so I better hold on to it for now....
Hoodlum

I kinda wish i would have bought a second side x side, as i have two little ones myself...Lot littler than yours... ;D

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 02:09:01 PM »
I have seen dozens of these RZR's running around the Silver Lake dunes all summer and the people in them love them. Most wish for a lil more power but the ones with the factory hopped up one seem happy with it.

Some buzz right over the big hill with no problem while others struggle some. Common engine power enhancers help from the owners I talk to.

They do bob round some over the bumps heading towards the big hill but bumps I have seen toss a blazer and a bronco into the air they just seem to float over with the machine taking it well. Big repeating whoops at high speed are not a good idea with a stock suspension though.

I aint seem to many jump much there. But the owners I have talked to seem happy with them.

I too like the silver performance one. Its got a good look and runs out well. 

Hard to beat them for a two seater fun machine and I guess the factory is making them four seaters now. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 03:19:58 PM »
No RZR factory four seaters...only the Ranger Crew. We've put some really cool RZRs together at Rigid Idustries (my buddy's shop). Engine parts like a good exhaust and intake together with a FI fooler (tuner) help make these things rock! A lot of companies are offering up to +6" over long travel with some really bitchin shock options. Rigid (and others) sell seats, belts, cages and bumpers, too.

RZR custom paint

RZR with Fullbore plastic

Rhino
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 03:30:18 PM by RC51 Rhino »

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 07:51:44 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, Sounds like Hoodlum does the same type of riding I plan on doing.  Now I just got to get the ok from the GF,  she is still waiting for a ring and was pissed when I brought home a big ass zero turn mower instead. ;D

phelpsracing1

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 09:03:17 PM »
Here down south, we use them to ride in the mud. I think the closest sand we have here in Texas is about 6 hours away in Oklahoma at Little Sahara. We have to adapt our toys to the mud and dirt.

phelpsracing1

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »
Here is a Rhino with 32" Silverback tires and lift.

SPEC

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 06:06:02 AM »
HOLY SHIT PHELPS
GET A FOOKIN NOSEBLEED CLIMBING INTO ONE OF THOSE
They look cool as hell tho ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal