Author Topic: video  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
video
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:17 AM »
here is a before and after video of new shock mounts and what not.

"http://www.youtube.com/v/t2Wkogwgcp4&hl=en&fs=1"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:27:04 AM by Voodoochikin04 »
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline Boostinjdm

Re: video
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 02:12:15 AM »
Front end looks better, but I have a feeling you won't know till you drive it.  IMO an idler on the power side of the chain won't hold up.  I see bearings going out in your future.  would be better to raise engine, or lower the a arm mounts.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:24:01 AM »
2 things, although I don't recommend a tensioner like that, if your gonna do it, don't put it on the top side of the chain.

And 2,.ummmmmmm,..you got some better pics of those rear uprights from 3 min. into the video? ::)

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 07:29:09 AM »
also, do you have any other pics of the front shock mounts?

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:28:39 AM »
Looks like you have got the spring rate fixed.  What is left?  Looks like your about ready for a test drive.

Oh and that rear upright that is just a flat strap.......  it would be easier to fix that now than after it has bent over into the wheel and left you stranded.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 08:45:59 AM »
i know about the rear uprights not going to work.. i just have not gotten to the rear yet. i have been working on decicing how to rebuild the front end for the last few months. not that is done.. i can start on the rear..  due to piss poor design i have to have an idler on the power side of the chain, to clear the stupid arm. i cant move the arm without rebuilding the entire rear end. with that said, i would have to make new arms, which means to put them in the right spot they would only be like 8 inches long. too short for any type of travel.... so i need help..    i would have to raise the engine like 3 inches to clear... i just dont have that kind of room... :(   

also, i have about 6 inches of tube left.. it worked out perfect, if i didnt need to redo anything..  ::)..lol  so i really need to work with what i have but modify it to work. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:52:33 AM by Voodoochikin04 »

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 09:03:47 AM »
Might be able to weld some plate to the side of thoe rear uprights making a U shape.  I'll try to go back and look at better pics.

Chain wont go over rear arm??
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 09:14:19 AM »
yea chain will go over rear arm, with use of an idler.. either under or over.. but the idler is still on the power side of the chain.. my dad says i should redo the rear end.. but i just dont know how.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 10:18:11 AM »
how hard would it be to move the carrier that is holding the sprocket and brake up?  Would the CV's be able to take up the difference?

If you do run the idler, can you put it in front of the arm so it just lifts or drops the chain a little?  putting it right under the arm where the chain makes a full 90 is going to be very hard on it.  If the chain was just making a 30 degree bump it would live......  longer.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 03:19:38 PM »
Why can't you shorten the rear upright 2-3" and drop the a-arm mount 2-3"?  then maybe chain could go over the top without an idler.  Maybe?

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 08:33:49 PM »
Why can't you shorten the rear upright 2-3" and drop the a-arm mount 2-3"?  then maybe chain could go over the top without an idler.  Maybe?

Good idea right there!  With the amount of travel you have and your arm length it would hardly affect the camber curve.  It would give a bit extra camber at full compression, and a bit less at full droop.  You might not have to do anything to the upright, but since you need to reinforce it anyway, you could move the inner then see where you stood with the upright.  Worst case cut off the top of the upright, and weld it back on with zero camber at ride heigth.

Your on a roll Boostin!  Just full of good ideas lately.  :o

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 09:24:15 PM »
notice where the arm pivot is.. behind the sprocket... can move it down.. theres no room.. i took the plunge today and started making a new frame around my current carrier, im movng the arm pivot to mtch the cv's. i will have to shorten my arms by 6 inches.. but they shouldnt be much shorter than my fronts..  it will put 8 inches in between top and bottom arm instead of current 10.5  meaning i can change the upright....

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »
Your on a roll Boostin!  Just full of good ideas lately.  :o

I'm always full of it, at least that's what I'm told....

artie on edge

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »
yea chain will go over rear arm, with use of an idler.. either under or over.. but the idler is still on the power side of the chain.. my dad says i should redo the rear end.. but i just dont know how.

IMO your dads right, mate you got smarts, just look at what others are doing, and play wiht scap, mock things up. Ideally you wont have an idler at all, but i tcertainly will not work for long on the power side of the drive.

Vood, you can do it and its best to do it now, while in the set up stage.

Keep it coming dude...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 06:57:18 AM »
Ditto.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal