Author Topic: Boostinjdm's Trailers  (Read 18780 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Boostinjdm's Trailers
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »
Got a call from the DOT man today.  Found out some interesting news.

Apparently they are more concerned with empty weight than loaded weight. eyes If empty weight is over 2000 lbs. it is required by federal law to have brakes on all axles regardless of GVWR.  It also has to be inspected and a title made out.  I wonder how many trailers out there don't meet that requirement. :police:  So anyways, I have to make a trip to the scale and see where I'm at.  If I'm over then I've got to spend another couple hundred bux and do a little more wiring cuz I've only got brakes on one axle.  I told him it's hard to find good solid info on brakes and lighting, he just chuckled. eyes
It's that way in every state. It's like they get a thrill out of being less than helpful.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2009, 05:45:56 PM »
Got to use the trailer for the first time today.  Glad I got it done when I did.  I had to go pickup a skid loader to clear the driveway.

Found out that the paint is super slick with snow (already expected this) and the winch with wireless control is priceless.  Because of the slick paint, I had to use the winch to pull the skid loader on while I was driving it.  That's where the wireless came in handy.  Also checked out the range, 150ft advertised, 160ft tested.  That was with the lid closed.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2009, 09:12:05 PM »
That is too freekin cool.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2009, 09:27:08 PM »
That is too freekin cool.

You're tellin me...

So now onto modifying.....Gonna add a volt gage and charger port to the control box so I can monitor batt status and charging.  I wanted to add it before, but needed to make sure I had the funds first.

ON a side note, found out what was wrong with my skid loader tonite.  It just sheared the splines out of the fancy ass coupler I built.  If I would have known that, I would have fixed it this summer.  It's like a $10 weld hub. eyes  Kinda wonderin why all the splines went at once in a new hub though ??? Maybe cuz it's just a $10 weld hub?  Fookin snow anyways...

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »
Shot some vid today.  Camera guy sounds like he needs an afro and a pet squirrel, but other than that I think it came out OK.

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2010, 04:45:15 PM »
Looks great! Looks like a fun project. I'll be building a trailer for my cuda when it is done. Maybe I'll hit you up with some ideas.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2010, 04:53:36 PM »
Nicely done Boost! A good all round trailer mate.. That tipping action's gonna save you a lot of shoveling.. ;) ;D Ya gotta be happy with that!!!
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2010, 06:49:36 PM »
The trailer is cool, you use it to haul off some snow.

Speaking of afro, squirrel, paint brush...

I went to school with these guys, they win any local comedy standup, trying to make it big.  Enjoy!!

"http://www.youtube.com/v/t6hIAZbwO3k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »
Lesson for the day.....don't buy cheap breakers.  I give everybody shit for not buying quality parts and here is a perfect example of why.

So either my winch or my pump is supposed to draw 185 amps max (prolly the pump).  I figure a 200 amp breaker would be more than enough.  Then I priced them out.  No name breaker ~$15, name brand ~$60.  Didn't figure they could fxxk up something as simple as a breaker so I went with the cheapy.  Today it tripped for the 4th and last time.  It still works, but I just can't depend on it.  Had ~4000 lbs of dirt half way up when it tripped.  Not high enough to slide out, but too high to drive away.  Just my luck.  So I walked home and got my allen wrench to remove the cover and reset the breaker (really should have had one with me).  Good thing I was only a couple blocks from home....  So tonight I will be ordering not only a better breaker, but a bigger one if I can find it just to be safe.

In case you missed the point, buy quality shit the first time!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal