Author Topic: subaru transaxles  (Read 12252 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
subaru transaxles
« on: March 02, 2010, 09:48:01 PM »
saw this posted on another site and thought it looked interesting. what do you guys think?

I copy and pasted this.

Finally, Subaru transmissions can be used in rear engined cars.

We have developed reverse cut ring and pinions for all Subaru 5 speed manual transmissions manufactured from 1990 to present.

These can be used in 2WD or 4WD applications. Replace your VW or Porsche transmission with a modern, compact Subaru one. These are rated to 280hp stock and 650 with aftermarket gears.

Use any Subaru motor from the EJ series with this transmission or use an adapter plate to use a Vw or Porsche powerplant. This transmission raises your engine 3 inches higher than in a VW/Porsche configuration meaning no more shortened sumps and headers.

Currently available in 3.9, 4.1 and 4.4 ratios with more to be announced soon.

More information available on www.subarugears.com

We are also looking for sales distributors worldwide. Contact sales@subarugears.com
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Re: subaru transaxles
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:32:05 PM »
Neat. Now they need to make flanges from the Subee splines to 930 Cv's.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 05:28:22 PM »
in the one pic they have the diff looks like it has splined ends, I wonder if one the vw flanges would fit that one?  anyone have any experience with these transaxles?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 07:12:04 AM »
DS it looks like we need to pick up a subie box. And take it apart for giggles. Get some barley pops and get Tman to come over.  ;D
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

trans man

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
saw this posted on another site and thought it looked interesting. what do you guys think?

I copy and pasted this.

Finally, Subaru transmissions can be used in rear engined cars.

We have developed reverse cut ring and pinions for all Subaru 5 speed manual transmissions manufactured from 1990 to present.

These can be used in 2WD or 4WD applications. Replace your VW or Porsche transmission with a modern, compact Subaru one. These are rated to 280hp stock and 650 with aftermarket gears.

Use any Subaru motor from the EJ series with this transmission or use an adapter plate to use a Vw or Porsche powerplant. This transmission raises your engine 3 inches higher than in a VW/Porsche configuration meaning no more shortened sumps and headers.

Currently available in 3.9, 4.1 and 4.4 ratios with more to be announced soon.

More information available on www.subarugears.com

We are also looking for sales distributors worldwide. Contact sales@subarugears.com
The only thing wrong with this is you  have to change the ring and pinion before you can run it.  8)

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 04:46:39 AM »
What about running it mid engine? It is FWD, why not use it the was subi intended?

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 05:29:26 AM »
Nothing on this site is used the way it was intended. wrong forum  But I'm ok with a new section so we could start. rofl rofl
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »
Nothing on this site is used the way it was intended. wrong forum  But I'm ok with a new section so we could start. rofl rofl

???  not sure what you mean?

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
Hehehhheeeee
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »
What about running it mid engine? It is FWD, why not use it the was subi intended?

Hes reffering to how RC51 rhino suggested it was used as intended with the motor in front like it was in the factory like a mid engine buggy would use it. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 11:59:15 AM »
Like using a transmission from a VW, motorcycle engine, misc parts from all other sorts.  We try to piece all this together in a buggy and want it to be reliable.  Just not what it was designed for.  So it has been a search, test, search, test to get this stuff to go together. 

I am quit interested in any trans setup.  I want to use one for my next build(shyyy wife is close)  Something with a LSD or manuel locker would be sweet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 12:01:45 PM by Carlriddle »
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »
Like using a transmission from a VW, motorcycle engine, misc parts from all other sorts.  We try to piece all this together in a buggy and want it to be reliable.  Just not what it was designed for.  So it has been a search, test, search, test to get this stuff to go together. 

I am quit interested in any trans setup.  I want to use one for my next build(shyyy wife is close)  Something with a LSD or manuel locker would be sweet.
What kind of idiot would try that?  rofl rofl rofl
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 02:27:54 PM »
I was being sarcastic!  I know what you mean just agreeing with you!  ;D  I would like to see someone try one though in what ever position  :D ;D just to see if they hold up to the sand with the stock or mild warmed up 3.0 6 cyl.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 06:05:24 PM »
What kind of idiot would try that?  rofl rofl rofl

some one should try and strap a bike motor to a swing axle rear end! I know someone that has one!  rofl rofl take it to you know where and you'd be and engineering GOD! LMAO LMAO rofl rofl ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal