Author Topic: Shifter ideas?  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
Re: Shifter ideas?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 06:43:39 AM »
Nevermind, I thought that you were using a hydraulic cylinder, not a pneumatic cylinder.  Sorry, I didn't look at the photo.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 06:56:31 AM »
Do you have to be careful of your travel limits?  I would think that you would be able to make a lot of force with the shifter, and therefore push the shifter linkage on the Busa too far and potentially break it.  Would I be correct in assuming that?  I don't know for sure.

I agree with this.
Maybe stops on the shifter side?
Should the mount have a pivot on it ?Maybe not enough travel to need it,but i would think that mount is going to flex some.The factory one not the one you made.
Are those fittings oil proof?We use a lot of them where i work for mineral spirits ,when you remove and replace the tube ,it leaks sometimes.We always snip it off.
Looks cool though.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 12:58:50 PM »
Do you have to be careful of your travel limits?  I would think that you would be able to make a lot of force with the shifter, and therefore push the shifter linkage on the Busa too far and potentially break it.  Would I be correct in assuming that?  I don't know for sure.
Good question. I am using these small pnuematic cylinders with buns seals so I can run them with air tool oil as LOW pressure hydraulic cylinders. I will only have a 2:1 shifter ratio so a 25# input will only have a 50# output force.  I doubt I'll ever hit the thing at anything more than 20#'s input. I doubt there will be any issue with that. I had considered that possibility . I do plan to put limits on the shifter though just to be safe. BTW, the bike has no shifter limit stops at all.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 01:00:46 PM »
I agree with this.
Maybe stops on the shifter side?
Should the mount have a pivot on it ?Maybe not enough travel to need it,but i would think that mount is going to flex some.The factory one not the one you made.
Are those fittings oil proof?We use a lot of them where i work for mineral spirits ,when you remove and replace the tube ,it leaks sometimes.We always snip it off.
Looks cool though.
I'll use air tool oil for fluid. Don't worry guys,I'm not showing all yet. ;D ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal