Author Topic: Mini Truggy Finally a start  (Read 35389 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Mini Truggy Finally a start
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »
I'm liking this, an't no busy its Detroit.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Islander

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 06:44:33 PM »
After all this 305 debate, any progress on the buggy?  How are you planning the exhaust?  Full pipes and mufflers, or straight up obnoxious zoomies ;D

lockedup

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 06:55:58 PM »
After all this 305 debate, any progress on the buggy?  How are you planning the exhaust?  Full pipes and mufflers, or straight up obnoxious zoomies ;D

The updates are 2 post before yours  ;D  and im running the exhaust out the side and i will mount a magnaflow 4" round muffler on the side of the chassis. Even though there will be headsets in this i want to be able to hear till im atleast 25  ;D

Islander

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »
4" single right?  Even a 4" single is huge for a 305, even a 350 and bigger.  Hell the Cummings in my Freightliner  only has a 6!!

lockedup

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
4" single right?  Even a 4" single is huge for a 305, even a 350 and bigger.  Hell the Cummings in my Freightliner  only has a 6!!

Im sorry its not going to be a 4" exhaust the diameter of the muffler is 4" the exhaust will be 2 1/2

Here's some more updates, got the window bars and the roof bars in

Islander

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 03:59:25 AM »
Looks good ;D

artie on edge

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 04:29:13 AM »
yup, looks good.

And in case no ones said it yet......

NICE SHOP!!

;)

artie on edge

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 04:34:48 AM »
and both Islander and locked up got your first smites  ;D Yup, it just had to happen at some stage and I couldnt see why it shouldnt be from me... enjoy boys!  8)

artie on edge

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 04:40:46 AM »
Locked, im no  expert mate so Im only talking from barwork experience. Have you had a good look at the make up of the full sized trucks?  The reason I ask is that now with the v8 you are imposing full sized vehicle loads on teh beasty.

The barwork supporting the front suspension mounts, IMO, will need a bit of tying in yet. If the spring/shock is going to mount onto the lower arms (I am assuming), I feel it will impose large sideways loads and it will need some help in staying put. I can see a big hit on one wheel pushing that thin centre chassis rail sideways.

Having said that I am assuming also (I do a lot of that) , that more barwork is to be installed yet...

Go get em mate.... ;)

lockedup

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »
Thanks for the smitie Artie, and thanks for the concern. There is still a TON of bar work to go into the front  ;D  This is just the main design and i will add more stuff when I get around to doing the front suspension.

On that note I decided to change my transmission. After getting all the tube work in i relized that there is just not enough room to run a manual tranny. The clutch lever sticks about 6" into the cab around my knees so... Im looking for a th350 or 400 and that way i will have alot more room and all i have for pedals is brake and gas so that will open it up alot more. So more to come as soon as i find a Transmission for a reasonable price. Then its seat mounts and dash and suspension and.... Oh man theres still alot to do  :o
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:42:47 PM by Lockedup »

Islander

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 08:01:05 PM »
If you are set on running a auto, I would run the th350 or even a powerglide to keep the weight down some.  Plus, I like the ratio's in the th350 better then the th400.  I've got a th400 in the shop, and it's heavy as all hell!

Icky

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 08:45:12 PM »
It's looking good. Makes me want to go out and spend money to start my project :) I'll be interested to see how it handles in the dunes  with the straight axle. I've thought about this route as well as a transaxle and midboards would hurt any budget, and i think this route is more reliable. I've been reading up on a lot of things and a TH-350 sounds like the way to go, alot of the trophy lites are running that trans. Keep up the good work

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 09:02:47 PM »
I will be interested to see how it works too. I have done some thinking of this kinda of creature but I was worried the straight axle would casue it to lean under power so I wanted an IRS rear end so the twist torque would be contained in the chassis.

These two IRS rearends below are ones I snagged for it if I ever get around to it. The roundish one is a Ford unit and the long one is from an Audi (Note the Audi is a Quattro rear end. Some of them like this one can be open or locked solid just by switching the lever on the side. Some cars it was cable operated. This was operated by air. Even a simple lever can shift between open and locked.)

The Glock is just to show a comparison in size. (It was handy...   ;)
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

artie on edge

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 10:10:43 PM »
oooookkkkkk..... so thats a Glock huh? Thats a gun isnt it?

Anybody wanna restart the gun debate?  :-X

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 10:33:36 PM »
how are the guys from Oz supposed to figure out how big those things are?  Maybe you could trace a body on the floor just for them. ;D
This post has been edited due to content.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal