Author Topic: Fabr's Car-VW/busa crossbreed  (Read 265970 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Fabr's Car-VW/busa crossbreed
« Reply #705 on: February 09, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »
ya that's no joke!  I asked trans man if the prices went up some and how much would an all out built trans with all weddle internals and gear carrier housing and nose cone cost. he said $4200 now only charging $500 for labor. I thought was charging $3500 for the all out built weddle 091's.  I asked trans man what ways could he have cut corners to get it down there and still turn a profit. trans man had a few ideas and a guy never stops to think about it but all the little parts do add some strength and reliability as well and they do add up pretty fast!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:34:34 PM by Dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #706 on: February 09, 2010, 09:31:24 PM »
dont mean to get off topic but DS? Did your color just change from red, to blue? As in your finally a VIP?

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #707 on: February 09, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »
Oh wait. Scratch that! I must be on drugs!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #708 on: February 09, 2010, 09:33:41 PM »
no I always have been. you gotta lay off those energy drinks already! you'll get your rail done soon enough and then back to the important things right after!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #709 on: February 09, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »
I am soooo burned out right now!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #710 on: February 09, 2010, 09:38:55 PM »
Take a day off and do something with those boys and the wife,NOW! LOL!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #711 on: February 09, 2010, 10:04:42 PM »
+1

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #712 on: February 10, 2010, 05:40:07 AM »
I took the boys to the monster truck show on Sat. They enjoyed it for the most part!  :)

Yesterday I drove through a snowstorm to take all the kids to return Megan's computer. That was after a 13 hr day though.

I feel refreshed this morning!  ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #713 on: February 10, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »
I know you have a built box for your build but if when the time comes I can maybe borrow you idea or get one from you I would like to do some testing with an na busa on one the brand new boxs az transaxle sells! i just wouldn't use 1st and 2nd only 3rd and 4th just to see how well stock gears really hold up. then maybe try 4 -8 lbs of boost and see what happens then. just out of curiosity of course, I do know a guy that can always gut the box and install better components!  ;D  what do you think ? ;) ;)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #714 on: February 10, 2010, 06:47:26 PM »
You'll need custom ratios for 3 and 4 or it will be too high geared. No way around it without building the adapter with something other than a 1:1 ratio. It could be relatively easily done but you would be increasing the input torque to the 091 trans. I'm not sure at this point it would be the thing to do especially with the stock gears, I'm game if you are though.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #715 on: February 10, 2010, 09:15:40 PM »
When I have my FNR done I will be looking to select a coule people willing to purchase one at cost to help with testing. DS, you will be one! ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #716 on: February 10, 2010, 09:20:43 PM »
hum hum choices choices now I do like  " i got a boner " guy! although he's been pointing fingers at my bald head again!!  rofl      I'm game for just about anything most of the time but none until I sell this v-6. once it's done I'll have to go with whats ready. I will say this once I have finished the v-6 the new owner is going to be happy person! I say person because you never know a women may buy it  rofl rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #717 on: February 10, 2010, 09:22:32 PM »
You'll need custom ratios for 3 and 4 or it will be too high geared. No way around it without building the adapter with something other than a 1:1 ratio. It could be relatively easily done but you would be increasing the input torque to the 091 trans. I'm not sure at this point it would be the thing to do especially with the stock gears, I'm game if you are though.

I don't know off the top of my head what stock 3rd is but I know 4th is .89-1 so overdrive and that would work, I would just like to see if stock gears would take it and for how long! the 091 in stock configuration is stronger than the 002 pair!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #718 on: February 10, 2010, 09:24:47 PM »
When I have my FNR done I will be looking to select a coule people willing to purchase one at cost to help with testing. DS, you will be one! ;D

you really want to test it to it's limits ? give it to enemy!!!!!!!!!! unless you want it back then no still send it to enemy, I want to see it hold up to 450hp ( some day because I know he just can't help it  ;D ;D ) when he's done. if it does that you got jeffco beat hands down!!!!

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #719 on: February 10, 2010, 10:01:13 PM »
Im working on a goal min of 400 HP.

We build transfer cases for the race boys and they are throwing 800 + through them. I will admit,they do not last forever but with good maintence they last awhile. Im playing with the idea of even running a mechanical pump in this unit pumping oil through the shafts to the areas it is required at all times. I will also then be able to run it through a cooler as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal