Author Topic: My Clubs Track  (Read 3633 times)

artie on edge

My Clubs Track
« on: May 25, 2009, 06:44:15 PM »
This is a small track just outside of Kyneton in Victoria. Its owned (perpetual lease) by my club TORC. This last weekends meeting. Classes range from the chinese imports (couple) up to the Open which allows up to 1300cc and has track and wheel base limits. No forced induction.

Car 20 is Peter Richards and has pushrod on board suspension and Honda Blackbird power. Works well but only limited tavel is required for this track (try to address that at a later stage ;))

Enjoy.. sorry added this later, first bit is warm up lap.. yeah running out of juice prolly IS a litlle embarressing...

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:47:56 PM by Artie on edge »

SPEC

Re: My Clubs Track
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
 ;D

Admin

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 09:02:42 AM »
Its amazing, In all the hype the Rorty cars get on other sites, I have yet to see a video with one running in it, I got to applaud them Edge Guys, It is rather obvious it is the preferred car in OZ....

Offline thedoctor

• Fabricator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:30:42 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun. Ya lucky basturd. We have nothing like that close to me.  :( Tim  have to smite you for rubbing it in my face.
In the words of my father "Never give up too soon, you might miss a good piece."

SPEC

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 09:21:56 AM »
Artie thinks I'm gonna send him some pickles.....
SCREW THAT....
I'm gonna send me over there ;D
Then I'll be the OZ pickle king :m :u :m

artie on edge

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 05:19:17 PM »
Artie thinks I'm gonna send him some pickles.....
SCREW THAT....
I'm gonna send me over there ;D
Then I'll be the OZ pickle king :m :u :m

Mate you are MORE than welcome.... ifn you can fit yerself in that lil biddy box..... ::)

SPEC

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 08:08:49 AM »
I'd prolly never want to leave 8)

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 08:25:22 AM »
Spec go for it. I can fab up a crate for ya.

artie on edge

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 03:13:02 PM »
Spec go for it. I can fab up a crate for ya.

mate..... sounds like they WANT ya to leave....  ??? ??? ???

SPEC

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 10:07:13 AM »
Ya,
my Nabes here would be tickled to see me go...
Not really They find me mostly entertaining... :-*

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 02:52:12 PM »
that was a great video!  ;D thanks for sharing, I like all offroad video's.  are all of those by the edge or were there some personal design's on the track?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

artie on edge

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 09:14:38 PM »
As Bugs correctly pointed out, mostly Egdes or derivatives of the Edge design. Seems strange that this is also Rortys home club as well (Bob's) yet Tonys mob have such a hold.

Lets not forget that the Edge guys have been desiging and building these things over here for over 20 years so its not surprising that there a few of em floatin around... Rorty seems to market or taget the US market only. This of you who have seen his plans will see that they list imperial measurements and use easily available items IN THE US, not so here.

DS, a lot of the cars are personal designs and some are quite agricultural (although lets not generalise here).

These is a second club just kicked off the VORBC www.vorbc.com.au these guys run on a variety of hired tracks. I havent seen them in action yet but will catch up shortly.

Im off to our enduro meeting in 2 weeks. I love this formatt. One and a half hours non stop , a 30 min break and the do it all again. He who has the most laps up in that tim ewins... hard stuff but righ up my alley!!

Offline Fineline

• Grunt worker
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 12:23:02 AM »
Artie is the new club http://www.vorbc.com.au/ close to you guys ??

Why is there a new club why didnt they join you blokes ?
Was it because Torc is CAMS ?

We seen their website a couple of weeks ago but didnt recognise any of the buggys or ppl who own them

artie on edge

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 02:57:56 AM »
Artie is the new club http://www.vorbc.com.au/ close to you guys ??

Why is there a new club why didnt they join you blokes ?
Was it because Torc is CAMS ?

We seen their website a couple of weeks ago but didnt recognise any of the buggys or ppl who own them

Mate they are a splinter group who left the TORC club last year I think it was a few personal issues and perhaps club politics (something IM NOT INTO.... ;)).

The good news is teh TORC group are fielding record entries and the VORBC group are also getting good entries so it looks like theres room for both. My feelings are the TORC group caters for the far flung masses (such as myself and Peter from Mt Gambier who is our current club champ) and the VORBC guys are more into southern Victoria with the Eastern crew so we all have our own dedicated competitors.

At least I hope so.

VORBC will be running at Winton once or twice a year and Id like to enter those events as that isnt too far from my home town.

Offline Fineline

• Grunt worker
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 03:44:08 AM »
No worries I am not into the gossip of he did this and that political bull either
Just thought it would be better to have all buggys at one event rather than some here and there
As Long as it works out for both your clubs it is all good for the sport
Your buggys against theirs events, now that sounds like fun too
Nothing like a little bit of intra club rivalary

Over here on the other side of the sand dune ( WA ) we had seen them just was wondering what the story with them was

Thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal