Author Topic: Looking 4 input. Protools 105 bender stand that goes vertical to horizontal  (Read 3880 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Ok well its been far far too long but I have gotton some done in the last couple weeks so heres some pics.

The first few are the wooden mock up I did to get all the pivots right and to make sure my shock travel would do what I want it to do.

I also tossed a couple boards on top to fakey simulate the tops of the table part. It will be the last thing I do on the real McCoy.

The next couple are the start of the bottom of the frame and the benders stand.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
Sorry if pics are too dark. Trying to get better flash. Need to dig out my big light to make it glow and will do before next round of pics.

These just show the shocks attached to the tipper bar/mount. Both up and down.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
These first three are shots of it while its moving under its own pawer (Pawer cause its air power).

The fourth pic is a close up of the bottom. You can see the bronze bushing a bit that the cylinder rides on.

The fifth pic is just a clear pic of it up.

The sixth shows me holding one of the two spacer that USED to go between the two arems of the PT bender from the factory.

Its now had a nice large solid block of steel that Doug Hiem made fer me! The block is 2 3/4 inches wide and four long and four high to better support the arms to prevent the dreaded twist!

If you look at the last few shots in this post you will see there are spacers between the benders arms and the mount for the hydraulic cylinder. My bender is a PT-105. Its arms are 1/2 inch thick.

I made 1/2 inch spacers AND 3/8th inch spacers too. The 1/2 inch are on it in the pics.

"But Bill what are the spacers for??"

If I ever ruin this bender or wear out the pivot or just want to upgrade later All I need to do is change spacers.

Mines a 1/2 inch thick armed pt-105.

The PT 105 HD has arms that are 5/8 inch thick.

The PT Brute 105 has arms that are one inch thick.

If I get the 105 Brute then NO spacer will be needed. It fits right in! 

If I upgrade to the PT 105 hd then I already have the 3/8 spcaers needed to bolt it in.

And of course with my PT-105 I have now the 1/2 inch spacers are holding the fort.

I tried it to lift with only two Air Shocks and it tips it up but it does not like it. I will put three back in for the extra lift. Plus it looks cooler!

Now that I know where these parts are gonna be and clear I gotta go make the pivoting wheel legs and the four air shock mounts fer those...... 

So whatcha think so far?

SPEC

That's neat as hell Nutz ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal