Author Topic: rugged radio car to car system  (Read 5707 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: rugged radio car to car system
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 10:22:57 AM »
i can believe that but in this case i removed it from the roof and set it in the seat as well and did the same thing. an engineer that used to work at centurion in lincoln when cell phones had antenna's said something interesting. centurion made antenna's for cell, 2 ways and radios for various companies, motorola was one of the biggest accounts. he said to check the freq the sensors and pcm were operating at as if the same or too close it would cause this issue. i do not know enough about that spectrum but maybe another member does and can shed some light on that thought?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »
in the video i posted at 6 min you'll see him switch between low me and high transmit settings. during a discussion with rugged radio tech he says i cannot do that through the face as i described in the video. that has to be programmed via a laptop. well i think he may need to do some checking cause i sure in the hell can lol dougs older vx220-do-50....50 watt cb cannot do this it is full power all the time. mine is pre set in high so has been transmitting at a claimed 60 watts this whole time.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »
so just a little update on dougs rugged system.....got the new antenna and coax plus a wet suit for the radio since he forgets to put a cover on when the dew sets in! hooked it all up and worked so installed it and worked , tried it 4 more times and started to kill the motor again. reached up and grabbed the antenna to start spinning it off as i hit the ptt button again and got shocked! this didn't happen before so i crawled underneath to check the power wires from radio to batt.  50% of the run is through a side panel and rest in a plastic loom.  there are no inline fuses! has to have inline fuses and i know it came with them. the wires must have rubbed or the radio is crapping out internally. my system came with fuses at the radio and at the battery. i know if the ground fuse blows the system could try and pull ground through the antenna which would do this as well but no fuse so unless it's cut somewhere then??

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal