Author Topic: CERAMIC COATING/POWDER COATING/PAINT  (Read 7936 times)

Offline big dave

CERAMIC COATING/POWDER COATING/PAINT
« on: October 19, 2016, 07:55:07 AM »
I was thanking of having my radiator lines ceramic coated. Is their anyone in KS. that does it?, Or will  powder coating be better in the long run?. I have ran the ceramic headers and the sand seem to scrubs the coating  off over time. I'm sure the same can be said for powder coating.  maybe, I'm asking to much from the coating.  then there is this. has anyone tried the new spray on chrome products? it goes on like paint. but has the high shine of chrome. being new to the water pumper it just drives me nuts seeing the piping in the raw state. piping is out there for all to see. So what's the thoughts? power coat, ceramic coating, or just paint it every few years????????

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: CERAMIC COATING/POWDER COATING/PAINT
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 09:19:56 AM »
Me,I'd just send the items to Jet-Hot  in OKC for ceramic. They are the best.  Great people to deal with also.Yes,ceramic and PC will both blast off in the sand.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »
There is a company here in Wichita that will hot jet coat.  Lorac Company Inc 624 E Harry St Wichita Kansas 316-263-2565. they will not polish it but never the less they Hot Jet coat.  Mite think about Sear Coating them.  Lot 's of places are doing that now. Same as what they put on a gun. I am having mine all HydroGraphic dipped with a clear coat. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline big dave

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 01:36:49 PM »
I love what can be done with the dipping. I work with a guy that is doing small things. man can it turn a turd in to a diamond.  giggity..  As you know (fast) the lower radiator line runs low and under the car. I would like something that will last for sometime with the sand hitting it. I'm really starting to thank that the jet coat will be the best  way to go. thanks for the input Guys     

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 07:03:52 PM »
Or make them out of aluminum and hit them with scotchbrite at the end of the season.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline big dave

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 07:32:43 AM »
The thought of using aluminum never even crossed my mind. That would have been the way to go! Dam a day late and a dollar short. I have one section left to make and I'm done making  them out of steel. how is your build going punkur67? I will be ordering the intercooler setup next week from outback after all. just could not bring myself to make it.  5: 5: 5: 5: 5:

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 08:54:45 AM »
Making progress. I will try to update my thread again. It  crashed a while back so. I did not update it

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 10:54:08 AM »
Fot the price of ceramic coating you could probably buy a stick of aluminum and rebuild them

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 01:09:01 PM »
Most likely.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Online DeepBusch69

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 01:56:21 PM »
Did you weld a bead on the ends of the tube to make sure the hose does not slip off? 

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 02:03:06 PM »
I did not. I clean the silicone hose ends with brake or carb cleaner to get any coolant off and they hold great. Never had one come off after several years and multiple cars

Offline big dave

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »
Fot the price of ceramic coating you could probably buy a stick of aluminum and rebuild them
I'm thanking, I should change my plain. just paint what I have made for know. then start gathering the aluminum parts.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »
It was about $70 for 12' of 1.5". And you could polish, powder, or paint. Just make sure its seamless 6061

Offline big dave

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 02:46:03 PM »
cool idea for adding the bead roll. low budget

Offline big dave

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 02:58:32 PM »
It was about $70 for 12' of 1.5". And you could polish, powder, or paint. Just make sure its seamless 6061
I have order aluminum tubing and fittings from a place in Denver Colorado. the name is not coming to me right now. the prices are great and its to the house in 3 days. I thank three 1 1/2 donuts and 8 foot of pipe would work great. the one drew back is,, I do not have a tig at the house. so I will have to make it all out of metal first. then use it as a template to take to work and make it out of aluminum. long way around.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal