Author Topic: Fox Shox Upgrades  (Read 5315 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Fox Shox Upgrades
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
Since I cannot now easily use bypasses on current buggy it does not matter . Many people in the same boat. IMO,perfect for retrofitting. I  am using bypasses on current build. Would I suggest using them on a race or heavy car? Probably not but for a play car? Why not?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 05:13:48 PM »
Law of diminishing returns. With a single coil-over, the heavier the car the more valving needed. More valving means more cavitation. Putting a valve pack in the resi (clicker) to help this creates more cylinder pressure to cure the cavitation at the expense of the seals. Light play car it would not be an issue with or without clickers. There is only so much you can make one shock do before you start trading one problem for another. Something under 2K with a 2.5 CO would be fine as long as it's not trying to run the Baja 1000.

More weight, faster car needs more shock. Also the ability to tune travel zones differently is one of the biggest advancements in off-road. You can set your CO up to deal with chatter and cornering and have the BP to take the large hits without making the mid-stroke harsh. There just really isn't a comparison, 2 shock with different uses that complement each other. No way around it.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 06:00:03 PM »
Completely agree.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal