Author Topic: I dont want to sound stupid  (Read 9401 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: I dont want to sound stupid
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 06:53:30 AM »
Don't know which would be better for that the Jeep or the Buggy?  I am thinking Jep when it has brush and buggy for the flats.  Either way it will be fun.

Jeep would be the best.  My car is 92 wide on the ground with the off road tires.  There are places that I was scrubbing the outside wall on them.  On a side note I want to know how to report you to the moderator.  Your having way to much fun and I'm working to dam hard.  LOL. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 02:57:04 PM »
Well, yesterday I pulled the dash.  Frustrated at that very moment.  Was having a heck of a time figuring out what did what.  Walked away from it yesterday. Today was a new day. Removed the last of my nemesis; "the nest." Threw it on the driveway and did a victory dance around it. Neighbors think I am daft.

By chasing each lead out I was able to sort it all but the ignition wire I cut on accident. That is the one last bug a boo. Managed to get the dash out 100%. Set it on the table and have spent the last five hours re-working all of it. Time again for a break I think. Tedious.

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »
LOL!!! I feel your pain.  I HATE redoing anything. Looking good though!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 04:12:08 PM »
Wow, starting to see progress.  Made a lot of it today it seems.  We are slower than I would like at work so I took half day and got a lot done. 

Fuse relay area is 100%.  Dash area is about 90%.  Still have to run power to GPS, intercom and Radio.  Chase five wires down the left side of the car, then a few odd and ends and I will be done. 

Would have liked backside of the dash to come out a bit tidier, but that is a take away for next time if I ever do this again.  Smaller gauge wire on back side of dash would have helped. 

So far pretty pleased with it.  Course the real test will be when we hook the battery back up and see if everything works. 

Figure about 6 / 8 hours left 

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 07:26:54 PM »
Nice job yum. 99% of all cars are not nearly as well done. Congrats on being a 1%er!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:36 AM »
Nice job yum. 99% of all cars are not nearly as well done. Congrats on being a 1%er!!!!!

Thanks, you are too generous with 1%  but based on what I seen from three cars, I would put it at 10% or better than 90%. 

Thanks again.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:12:42 AM by Yummi »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »
99% done. Get those circuit breakers in place of fuses and you are 100% . Great writeup.

I should add that even though I am a fan of circuit breakers there are times when a fuse would be maybe more appropriate,such as higher amp stuff like head lights.Breakers are fine for the head  light relays, as an example, but fuses would be a better choice for the high amp light circuit itself. 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »
Nice work. I just had a new autometer gauge in my dads car turn in to a complete rewire. I wired it about 7 years ago. I have got much beter at wiring after wiring 4 other cars since. I wanted it to look cleaner and change some functions. A real headache but worth it in the end. I hate messy wiring.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal