Author Topic: 600 2 seat not really a panther  (Read 21712 times)

Admin

Re: 600 2 seat not really a panther
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 03:24:20 PM »
Just keep the tank full for now, it will feed... ;D

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »
I imagine you do not need to be told a tank gurad from that chain s a good thing to have.

As for your shifting in the one picture showing of your shift linkage where it connects to the bike motor. It LOOKS like its at an angle feeding back from the shifter in the middle bewteen your seats???

If it is it might shift a lot better if you mount the shifter on a pivoting tube and run the shifter rod straight back from this tube to the bike motor.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 07:07:40 AM »
Shifting problem still exist when trying to shift at the motor and baby'n the sprocket to fall into gear.  Even with thecover off to expose the shift shaft and shift drum only got it to shift from 1st to 2nd 3-4 times.  Each time it wanted to stop in neutral then had to play with it to go to 2nd.  The rest of the gears shifted well once 2nd was found.  Thinking that if I can get it to 2nd and drive it a bit from 2nd -3rd back 2nd could get beter.  Bought a fuel pump might try to get it on tonight.  It was cheaper than filling the fuel tank. ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 09:18:36 AM »
Bought a fuel pump might try to get it on tonight.  It was cheaper than filling the fuel tank. ;D

That's funny!  Sad, true and funny. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

plkracer

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
Don't know if this would help or not, but my cousin has an xr 200 that wouldn't go into first. I figured out that if you pull the shifter shaft out while shifting with your foot it would shift just fine. The solution? I put a sping between the shaft and the case, with a washer against the case/seal. Has been working for over a year now.

Gundog

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 08:16:06 PM »
http://dtsfab.com/index/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=337.0;attach=1097;image

I think you need to add a brace on each side to triangulate the cage in the engine bay. I don't know how to draw it in but this picture shows where I would put it from the bar on the bottom that runs horizontal to the vertical section of the back bars if you need this area to remove the engine weld tabs and bolt the braces so it can be removed, if you can get the engine out I would weld the brace in. I think your chain slipping problem is caused from this flexing under torque. I am just looking at it from a mechanical stand point I am not a buggy builder. Nice job on the build. my .02.
Mike

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008, 06:33:22 AM »
http://dtsfab.com/index/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=337.0;attach=1099
Hoping new back bars will keep from flexing.  The rear spool bolts to a plate w/slots for chain adjusting.  Last test the plate bowed up just a little, I have reinforced that now too.  The spool even when torqued to 150lbs would slip, so now adj chain then tack weld spool in place.  No more slipping. 

That xr200 probable has a bent shift shaft fork on the inside of cover.  Could probably straighten it out but I would not mess with as long as the current fix is holding up.  Thanks for the tip might see if that helps.

plkracer

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 11:56:24 AM »
http://dtsfab.com/index/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=337.0;attach=1099
Hoping new back bars will keep from flexing.  The rear spool bolts to a plate w/slots for chain adjusting.  Last test the plate bowed up just a little, I have reinforced that now too.  The spool even when torqued to 150lbs would slip, so now adj chain then tack weld spool in place.  No more slipping. 

That xr200 probable has a bent shift shaft fork on the inside of cover.  Could probably straighten it out but I would not mess with as long as the current fix is holding up.  Thanks for the tip might see if that helps.

It probably is. It happened after a crash up at Tampico, but I don't feel like splitting the cases.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2008, 04:20:34 PM »
If you can Figure out whats wrong with the front A-arm/wheel then you can wear my dunce cap and sit in the corner!  Come on 1st one wins!!!

Also notice the tie rod in 2nd pic, that was as best I could do to get her back.

P.S.  the damn thing now will shift gears 4th is to fast for 1/2 mile driveway. :u

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »
I think the shock is leaned out to far.  What you think, this pic is with me standing on it and the shock is not even clode to the "majic 90" to the lower a-arm.

Admin

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2008, 04:28:33 PM »
Looks like the tie rods are locking up and hitting the shock?

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »
You might want to get a little beefier tierods also. I dont think those will be the first to get bent unless you go bigger.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »
I think the shock is leaned out to far.  What you think, this pic is with me standing on it and the shock is not even clode to the "majic 90" to the lower a-arm.
Also keep in mind the the farther you move your lower mount in the more spring is required due to more leverage.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »
Did it ever have more give than that? If your standing on it and thats all the farther down it goes the spring may be to strong for that setup.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2008, 05:22:53 PM »
I was thinking to soft, but you guys are missing the real problem.
Look closer at pic, closer to wheel.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal